Please help me! I tried to go back to stock, but the odin thing froze and now my fascinate has a picture of a cell phone connecting to a computer with a warning triangle thing in between them. HELP ME PLEASE. I can go into recovery, and recover stuff through install update.zip, but then when I try to reboot the thing keeps coming up. I'm freaking out cause my parents will kill me if I can't fix it. PLEASE HELP!
    Thanks
    11-21-2010 11:31 PM
    Please Help me, and I need posts to pm people, so I need to post this and another
    11-21-2010 11:31 PM
    Okay last one, unless someone helps me. I really need help
    11-21-2010 11:32 PM
    The phone connecting to a computer with the triangle and ! Means your phone is download mode. Power off, take the battery out, hold down the Volume Down button, and plug the usb in. Open Odin back up, and start the process over again
    11-21-2010 11:51 PM
    No, it's not the big triangle with the droid shoveling or whatever, it has a little closed cell phone, with dots towards a computer, and a orange triangle with a exclamation point in the middle, and my computer doesn't recognize it.
    11-21-2010 11:55 PM
    Either way, go into download mode and try again...
    11-22-2010 12:00 AM
    I can't. I can only open it looking like this

or go into recovery mode.
    11-22-2010 12:02 AM
    What exactly was the process you used to try to get back to stock? And what were you running beforehand that you were trying to fix?
    11-22-2010 12:08 AM
    Grab the update.zip from Cory's "force close" thread and place it onto your SD card via your PC and a card reader, then try to use CWM to restore that file
    11-22-2010 12:22 AM
    I can't. I can only open it looking like this

or go into recovery mode.
    This means your flash failed to complete. You need to go back into download mode and then reflash whatever you were doing and have it take successfully.
    11-22-2010 08:54 AM
    I got it now. After messing around with it I got it to download mode, but I had to hold down volume as I plugged it in without pressing the power button. Thanks everyone.
    11-22-2010 10:20 AM
    Thanks again to everyone. I now can't run any clockworkmod stuff in recovery mode. When I boot into recovery and apply sdcard:updat.zip, it gets about thirty percent done then says
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    It worked fine before, any suggestions?
    11-22-2010 10:39 AM
    The phone connecting to a computer with the triangle and ! Means your phone is download mode. Power off, take the battery out, hold down the Volume Down button, and plug the usb in. Open Odin back up, and start the process over again
    Tried to tell you that! lol... Glad you got it back up and running
    nuker2guy likes this.
    11-22-2010 10:40 AM
    Thanks again to everyone. I now can't run any clockworkmod stuff in recovery mode. When I boot into recovery and apply sdcard:updat.zip, it gets about thirty percent done then says
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    It worked fine before, any suggestions?
    Nevermind, used Odin and CWMrecovery. Works great!
    11-22-2010 10:43 AM
    Okay, so now I'm trying to run Odin again, because when I try to sync gmail and go on the market and whatnot, it won't sync or whatever, like it says the connecting to google serves (this could take five minutes) and then it says it couldn't connect because my phone isn't partioned or the servers are down or something. So I ran odin again and now it gets stuck on <ID:0/008> SetupConnection.. everytime. Also when I go into recovery mode, it says in red,
    E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    (Invalid argument)
    Any help for me?
    11-22-2010 01:00 PM
    Odin is working again
    But I can't connect to market or anything. It says Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care. Also none of my backups will restore properly. Help?
    11-22-2010 01:02 PM
    Did you flash over a voodoo kernel without disabling? Also...positive you used the PDA button in odin?
    11-22-2010 03:04 PM
    11-22-2010 04:59 PM
    Odin is working again
    But I can't connect to market or anything. It says Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care. Also none of my backups will restore properly. Help?
    Your best bet is to hard reset your phone because I had the same problem. Google "samsung fascinate hard reset" and you should find it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2010 07:40 PM
    Your best bet is to hard reset your phone because I had the same problem. Google "samsung fascinate hard reset" and you should find it.

I am having problems with downloading stuff from the market. I can get to it, like I can add google accounts, but it says there is no space to download anything, or open .apk files. If I hard reset it, will it fix it?
    11-22-2010 07:44 PM
    I am having problems with downloading stuff from the market. I can get to it, like I can add google accounts, but it says there is no space to download anything, or open .apk files. If I hard reset it, will it fix it?
    Yeh idk about that. The hard reset helped fix my problem with connecting to the google server and accessing the market. But you could try it.

11-22-2010 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD