Need to return my phone for warranty replacement (charging port is not working cvorrectly). I am rooted, but have not changed anything yet (waiting for all the upcoming goodies). The Verizon dude said my purchased applications should be transferred to the new phone based on my gmail account, but how do I unroot? I see the thread to go back to stock, but since I have not changed anything yet, is there a simpler way to just unroot so the Verizon phones don't get their undies in a bundle? Fairly new at this (and really old) so need some help. Thanks
    11-22-2010 11:09 AM
    Need to return my phone for warranty replacement (charging port is not working cvorrectly). I am rooted, but have not changed anything yet (waiting for all the upcoming goodies). The Verizon dude said my purchased applications should be transferred to the new phone based on my gmail account, but how do I unroot? I see the thread to go back to stock, but since I have not changed anything yet, is there a simpler way to just unroot so the Verizon phones don't get their undies in a bundle? Fairly new at this (and really old) so need some help. Thanks
    How did you root? Did you install CWM recovery?

All rooting does is put in place the 'su' binary to allow apps to execute with root privileges, and the SuperUser.apk app as a gui interface for those apps.

If you didn't use CWM recovery, just uninstall SuperUser.apk. That should suffice for 99% of verizon tech's, as your apps won't work with root access.

To be extremely thorough, delete the su binary, and busybox binary if installed, then uninstall the Superuser.apk app.

The easiest way to uninstall something from the GUI is to just download the 'Uninstall' app from the market.
    11-22-2010 11:15 AM
    There are instructions at the bottom of dirrk's first post in the "how to root" thread. Those should work, there is also a video on youtube on how to do it using the phone and a terminal emulator.

Or the way namebrandon said is prolly easier, and less hassle. :P
    Sent from rediculously fast Fascinate
    11-22-2010 11:17 AM
    Which uninstall do you use? I tried two and they would/could not uninstall the superuser icon. Also, I tried to use the method in the how to root thread but when I connected to my laptop, I kept getting 'usb device not recognized'. I believe the same issue preventing me from charging correctly is hosing my usb communication.
    11-22-2010 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD