blackhole 1.4.1 missing some things

superaj

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I upgraded my ROM from Blackhole??? to Blackhole 1.4.1 a few days ago. I have just realized that I cannot open Gchat or VVM. Is there any way to get these back?

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So I upgraded my ROM from Blackhole??? to Blackhole 1.4.1 a few days ago. I have just realized that I cannot open Gchat or VVM. Is there any way to get these back?

i don't have Blackhole but i'm sure it's deodexed - if so you can get deodexed DI01 (not DJ05!) files here: RELEASE: Deodex'ed DI01 System. (Flashable through Clockwork) - xda-developers

just need to adb push the right files back to your phone (dont forget to change permissions then reboot).

Totally guessing but you may need both VisualVoiceMail.apk and VVMService.apk? Gchat (Talk) doesn't jump out at me - you'll have to do some research on that. it's possible it's a non-odexed file (see next paragraph) but i can't tell from work. i'll check at home.

if you ever need original non-deodexed files, you need the fascinate system dump - you can get that here: fascinate_sys_dump.zip. i believe its good to have this anyway just in case.

edit: yep, looks like Gchat (talk) is a non-odex file called "gtalkservice.apk"- it's in the fascinate sys dump, so you'll need that too.

the deodexed system dump on XDA only has DE-ODEXED files, meaning the apps that don't utilize odex like Gtalk are NOT in the dump. You have to get it from the original fascinate system dump.

Last edited:

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Most of those files can be added in rom manager as that rom is a DIY add what you want kind of rom.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Most of those files can be added in rom manager as that rom is a DIY add what you want kind of rom.

So would you have to reflash a whole new ROM then with the additional files you wanted? Or would you be able to add just the apps individually?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Do "Modify Existing Rom" option for Blackhole. It's right under "Build Your Own". Go through the list and select the Apps and options you want. Select "No Thanks" to the options you don't want. When prompted, reboot phone into recovery and it will add back the apps you chose. Personally, I wouldn't wipe data but that's up to you. Good luck!

superaj

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
thank you all for your help. I was able to modify through rom manager. In gonna check out the system dump for other things I may have gotten rid of.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
On a similar note, when I installed Jt's superclean rom I seemed to have lost the stock fascinate music player, could I get that back a similar way?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On a similar note, when I installed Jt's superclean rom I seemed to have lost the stock fascinate music player, could I get that back a similar way?

Yup. Sonofskywalker3 has all sorts of stock and other apps in ROM manager. JTs flashes with AOSP Music Player, along with not having the stock clock, memo pad, etc... Get what you want from there then use a root file explorer to remove the ones that flashed with JTs just like debloating.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks. As much as I usually hate the apps that companies add to their phones, I think the samsung music player is pretty good actually.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I liked the look of the AOSP Player but it didn't integrate into the notification bar and lock screen like the stock one does.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I really like double twist as a music player and it integrates into lock screen. I like the sync options as well. The newest (paid version) syncs wirelessly with your PC. Check it out. I really like it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Swype keyboard is not working for me on blackhole 1.4.1 .... it says English-us not found. is there any way i can get swype to work?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey, prakash99, go over to xda and leave a post for sonofskywalker in his Blackhole thread. Either that or send him a pm at xda. I think the keyboard thing is one of two issues with 1.4.1, however, I was able to get it to work after installing the Windows 7 keyboard and then going back in and installing the standard separately. Good luck!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey, prakash99, go over to xda and leave a post for sonofskywalker in his Blackhole thread. Either that or send him a pm at xda. I think the keyboard thing is one of two issues with 1.4.1, however, I was able to get it to work after installing the Windows 7 keyboard and then going back in and installing the standard separately. Good luck!
Thanks, I tweeted him about the problem a couple of weeks back. As for the standard keyboard, I haven't tried the windows 7 method but getting the black keyboard and going back to try still did not work. But, in the meantime, I found an updated swype keyboard zip on one of the xda forums and that is working perfectly. Thanks.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just realized I lost thinkfree office too, don't really want to pay for an office app now. Guess I can get the Adobe PDF viewer for the time being at least.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It took me almost two weeks to realize it since I'm not an avid texter but after I installed blackhole, my sms got screwed up. I was not receiving any texts while the outgoing texts came up as empty (nothing in the message body) at the receiver's end. I flashed back to super clean this morning and it was back to normal. Anyone else had this problem or just me?

Sent from Verizon Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just realized I lost thinkfree office too, don't really want to pay for an office app now. Guess I can get the Adobe PDF viewer for the time being at least.

think free is only a viewer just like every other stupid office suite out there that ive seen. documents to go is a free viewer for ms office stuff and there is adobe reader for as well.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It took me almost two weeks to realize it since I'm not an avid texter but after I installed blackhole, my sms got screwed up. I was not receiving any texts while the outgoing texts came up as empty (nothing in the message body) at the receiver's end. I flashed back to super clean this morning and it was back to normal. Anyone else had this problem or just me?

Sent from Verizon Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

This will happen if your rom and modem are not for the same version (DI01/DJ05). I'm guessing you probably didn't have vibrate functions either. If you go to Settings > About Phone, your baseband and build versions should end the same. If you isntall a DJ05 ROM, you need to flash the dj05modem file in Odin as well.