Stock Keyboard on Blackhole 1.4.1

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed Blackhole 1.4.1 but got a download error for the standard keyboard. The keyboard does not work anymore even after flashing other keyboards. What are my options besides flashing a different ROM?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, ran into the same problem. I ended choosing a different keyboard. The other ones worked. Problem was stock keyboard. It really didn't matter to me as I use a paid 3rd party keyboard app. You should send skywalker a pm about it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I always ran into a problem with it also when trying to use the modify existing rom option. I downloaded everything individually and it worked fine. Just takes longer.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I always ran into a problem with it also when trying to use the modify existing rom option. I downloaded everything individually and it worked fine. Just takes longer.
i get error even when trying to download standard keyboard as separate download. And there is no option for swype except in the main buildyourown mode.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
i get error even when trying to download standard keyboard as separate download. And there is no option for swype except in the main buildyourown mode.

Swype will be there. I don't think it was stripped out of the ROM. Try downloading one of the other keyboard options like Windows 7. After you get it installed, try going back into ROM Manager to see if you can download the standard keyboard separately then. Sounds weird but I think that's how I got it back.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
i do have the black keyboard. it has predictive input but i still like swype which is available for download (not in the individual keyboard section) and the standard keyboard still gives error.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I was finally able to get flash an updated swype keyboard. I find it on one of the xda forums.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I guess I should have specified that when I downloaded what I wanted individually, I didn't need to download the stock keyboard because the ROM never removed it in the first place. It was just when using the build your own (DI01 version, DJ05 worked fine) or modify existing options and you HAVE to choose a keyboard option I would get an error. I never did have a problem getting other keyboards though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463