Optimum Output Resolution for Fascinate

babyfett

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey Gang -

After three years with an iPhone I switched to the Fascinate and I absolutely LOVE it. No turning back. But I do have a quick question. I want to put some of my movies on the Fascinate and I've got Handbrake for Mac set for iPhone Resolution, but that's only for a 3.5 inch screen. I'm wondering what the optimum output resolution should be on the Fascinate with its 4" screen. I'm ripping from a DVD. Thanks in advance.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Gang -

After three years with an iPhone I switched to the Fascinate and I absolutely LOVE it. No turning back. But I do have a quick question. I want to put some of my movies on the Fascinate and I've got Handbrake for Mac set for iPhone Resolution, but that's only for a 3.5 inch screen. I'm wondering what the optimum output resolution should be on the Fascinate with its 4" screen. I'm ripping from a DVD. Thanks in advance.

Rip the max practical res the DVD will support... The fascinate screen will beat it anyway (but the scaling is quite good.) The screen on the fascinate is 480x800 and it handles quite a few codecs (i have yet to see an official list though) so if you need to downscale (from HD content) do it to that. Although, I have run through some high-res high-bitrate content and it never seemed to have a problem playing it. Worries about file size and battery life are the only two reasons i would cite as to why it makes sense to rip something specifically spec'd for the fascinate; if you arent worried then don't bother, play away!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Handbrake instructions:

-Open your video file in Handbrake. Under "Output settings" click the drop-down menu next to "Format" and choose "MP4 file." Click the drop-down menu next to video codec and choose "H.264."

-Click "Picture Settings" in the toolbar. When the picture settings window opens click the drop-down menu next to "anamorphic" and choose "Loose." Next to the "Width" option, click the down arrow until the width value is at 480. This will match the Android's default resolution.

-Click the "Target size" option next to the "Quality" section of the Handbrake window. Set this to the desired file size. This value will most likely be determined by the amount of storage that your Android device has.

-Click "Start" in the toolbar and wait as Handbrake converts your video.

480 x 320 is the default resolution of most, but not all, Android devices. Keep this in mind when converting. If your device has a higher resolution, set the width value to the width of your device's resolution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay