Wireless Tether: What am I doing wrong?

anon(106733)

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have rooted the phone, debinged, and installe wireless tether. I enable tethering and it asks for superuser, I click ok. It starts no problem, but when I look on all of my wireless devices, I don't see it. Am I missing something?

yevgenchy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
yeah i have a similar issue, except my laptop sees my tether...but won't connect to it...i'm using the 2.0.5 pre14...but it wont connect...stuck at DL .4 and UL .1

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
what do you have the ssid set to. do you have the ssid set to visible. change the ssid to something else, like you name or something, refresh available networks in windows. if it still doesnt see it set up a wireless network manualy and make it the prefered network. make sure ad hoc is turned off on your computer. but first before all else, restart restart, the phone and the computer.

anon(106733)

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
what do you have the ssid set to. do you have the ssid set to visible. change the ssid to something else, like you name or something, refresh available networks in windows. if it still doesnt see it set up a wireless network manualy and make it the prefered network. make sure ad hoc is turned off on your computer. but first before all else, restart restart, the phone and the computer.

SSID set to AndroidTether
I don't see a setting for making it visible.

Here are my settings:
Bluetooth: Disabled
Don't Disable WiFI: enabled
Discoverable: Enabled
Enable Wifi Encryption: diabled
SSID: AndroidTether
Change Channel: 1
Access control: diabled
Lan settings: 192.168.2.0/24
Client Notification: All Clients

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive heard of some people having to match the wifi channel to their devices network adapter. Try a common one like channel 6.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. I am having the same exact issue as you described. Do you mind letting me know which version/filename you installed? Thanks!

Finally got it working! I installed the pre15 version but had to set the channel to 'Auto' before I could get my laptop to connect. Once that was done, it connected quickly and I was running!

thephatp

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been having trouble with this app as well. I've tried RC1 (previously uploaded), the newest RC1 (which saves as RC_1_1), pre15, pre14, and pre09 (because of a different thread I found). I can't get any of them to work.

Every time I enable tethering, it says "Tethering started with errors! Please check 'Show Log'."

I've tried different channels (BTW, I don't have the option for "Auto" and not sure why). I've changed the SSID, etc.

Current settings:

Enable WiFi-Encryption: Disabled
SSID: AndroidT
Channel: 6
Enable Access-Control: Disabled
LAN: 192.168.1.0/24

The log shows the following:

Loading dhd.ko module... failed
Activating WiFi interface... failed
Setting ad-hoc mode... failed
Setting essid... failed
Setting channel... failed
Enabling NAT rules... done
Enabling IP forwarding... done
Tethering now running... done

Any ideas? I really wanted to get this going before I leave town (tomorrow). Any help is greatly appreciated!

FYI, I'm rooted running D02-Kernel-LV-1250.