Hey all, so I updated my phone with some new ROM's. I tried to JT's Superclean first and it was ok, but then I saw this sweet superdark ROM and decided to install it. I followed all the steps and went in to do a manual reset and erase all data off the phone (removing the 1st superclean ROM i installed). After I removed it I loaded on Superdark, now what I found funny is the phone still knew my unlock pattern which is strange because I was under the impression I totally wiped everything. So now when I boot up I get all google forceclose errors, to the point the native launcher wont even work. So I reset the phone back to factory default by using ODIN thinking it would solve my issue, but same $hit. Im knida lost now, hopefully this is unbrickable? Oh BTW, I havent installed any new kernels.
    12-20-2010 12:51 AM
    Do you have a nandroid backup? If not, you can try Cory's method

http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...loop-hell.html
    gbreeze likes this.
    12-20-2010 01:07 AM
    Do you have a nandroid backup? If not, you can try Cory's method

http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...loop-hell.html
    No I dont have nandroid.
    12-20-2010 01:08 AM
    did you flash a DJ05 rom over DI01 base? or visa versa?
    gbreeze likes this.
    12-20-2010 01:09 AM
    No, the only thing I downloaded was the ROM for JTsuper clean V4, and then I removed it and installed superdark. But I didn't download anything else including kernels. Im trying corys method now.
    12-20-2010 01:19 AM
    which version of superdark did you get? i do believe there is a DJ05 and a DI01
    12-20-2010 01:25 AM
    which version of superdark did you get? i do believe there is a DJ05 and a DI01
    01 I believe. I got from XDA. I downloaded that because 05 is still new, so figured Id have less problems with that version
    12-20-2010 01:30 AM
    Ok, got it back 2 life now on factory defaults, but I still want that superdark lol. I kind of like temporarily bricking my phone. (i know im sick in the head but I like to learn) So now I just want to make sure I can put that on my phone without all the FC crap lol.
    12-20-2010 01:41 AM
    BTW candleman, I think u called it. I must be on 05, Im trying that download next.
    12-20-2010 01:54 AM
    hold up....try this link, just follow it top to bottom...last step gives the option to download the superdark rom( same one that i run), and seems to be the simplest way to get it all set up.

Fascinate Rom: DJ05 and Beyond - All You Need To Know | Mobile Technology Deals and Help
    12-20-2010 01:57 AM
    hold up....try this link, just follow it top to bottom...last step gives the option to download the superdark rom( same one that i run), and seems to be the simplest way to get it all set up.

Fascinate Rom: DJ05 and Beyond - All You Need To Know | Mobile Technology Deals and Help
    k i will try that
    12-20-2010 02:11 AM
    any progress?
    gbreeze likes this.
    12-20-2010 02:37 AM
    any progress?
    I think it all worked, im gonna test it all day 2day and see how it goes. Thanks!
    12-20-2010 12:01 PM
    I've found in my experience that using CWM to wipe all your data while rooted usually buys you a ticket to the force close loop of hell. The only way to get back to a totally fresh phone is to flash a stock image via Odin.

Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5
    Stock-i500-VZW-Kernel.tar.md5
    12-20-2010 12:38 PM
    just wanting to doubly check up now that youve had time to run everything. still running solid?
    12-21-2010 11:50 PM
    just wanting to doubly check up now that youve had time to run everything. still running solid?
    yea, sorry for slow response we have been super busy becuz of x-mas, it worked but I removed it due to the battery life, it was terrible other than that it was good.
    12-22-2010 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD