Dove into DJ05

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I did take note that I have this app: com.pv.wmdrm.

It shows up in my Task Manager under Packages.. I have no idea where it came from. I shows as deleted in Ti Backup and not sure if I should uninstall it or not..

Anyone else encounter this and course of action?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I did take note that I have this app: com.pv.wmdrm.

It shows up in my Task Manager under Packages.. I have no idea where it came from. I shows as deleted in Ti Backup and not sure if I should uninstall it or not..

Anyone else encounter this and course of action?
Just leave it, it is for Digital rights Management . i think it lets you watch videos that you have a license for, or it alerts you when something is DRM protected. shouldnt bother you either way

pv is like packet video ... wmdrm is windows media ditigal rights management

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up DroidXcon,

I was figuring it had to do with digital media rights, or a windows media application of some kind, but could not attribute it to any particular app. I wanted to ensure that I didn't have any lingering DJ01 system files.;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up DroidXcon,

I was figuring it had to do with digital media rights, or a windows media application of some kind, but could not attribute it to any particular app. I wanted to ensure that I didn't have any lingering DJ01 system files.;)

You are welcome,
Actually i think DI01 didnt even have this option because i didnt see it till DJ05

night87

Dec 31, 2010
www.night-import.com
hmm...just to double check on the 'link' provided by Ghost...
I ONLY download the jt1134's Clean DJ05 v.05 and do as instructed..correct?
and this is the ROM..?
after this, am I required to get a Kernel and if not or if I do need one, which one do you recommend?

Last edited:

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw a big question in here... Forgive my ignorance on the subject please. Do I need to be rooted to apply this to my phone? This is the roms/hacks section so I want to be sure. It didn't mention having to root the phone to do this. Thx for helping us newbies out guys.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
hmm...just to double check on the 'link' provided by Ghost...
I ONLY download the jt1134's Clean DJ05 v.05 and do as instructed..correct?
and this is the ROM..?
after this, am I required to get a Kernel and if not or if I do need one, which one do you recommend?

You have to download and flash the modem for DJ05 or you will have issues with sending SMS and some other communications.

I did not use the method in Ghostrider's link... I used this method and the files supplied in this link:
[RELEASE] DJ05 rom, kernel, radio - xda-developers

I know that jt1134 has built some very good ROMs but have not tried any.

I also flashed the kernel for DJ05 in my process as well as ROM and modem. I did not see a kenel listed in the other link.

Everything I have read points to all three parts being required for the phone to function properly.

I strongly recommend that wants to start flashing explore the forums and read, read and read more until you are very comfortable.
This was a fantastic link provided:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/51526-how-i-learned-flash-rom.html

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw a big question in here... Forgive my ignorance on the subject please. Do I need to be rooted to apply this to my phone? This is the roms/hacks section so I want to be sure. It didn't mention having to root the phone to do this. Thx for helping us newbies out guys.

To get the ROM Manager and other resources to work you will need to be rooted...

camika

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I followed the steps and updated to DJ05. Everything went well but I find that now my widgets don't update automatically anymore (i.e weather, battery watcher, noled). Has anyone else experienced this?

camika

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Background data and autosync are both enabled but the widgets still do not update automatically. Maybe I need to try a different rom.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Which method did you use to get to DJ05?...odin full package or flashing from clockwork?
Background data and autosync are both enabled but the widgets still do not update automatically. Maybe I need to try a different rom.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I missed this...yes for ghosts method you need to be rooted but there is another method using odin that you do not.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance