Battery Drain Help

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting great battery life up till yesterday :(. I used the phone for two days then last night had 33% left and one hour later it was at 8%. I charged it to 100% unpluged it at 11:00pm and by 10:30am it was at 43%. I only used it for a few calls and texts in the two day period, no tweaking or updates of any kind.
Rooted
Blackhole 2.4
Stupidfast 12.19.10
DJ05

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting great battery life up till yesterday :(. I used the phone for two days then last night had 33% left and one hour later it was at 8%. I charged it to 100% unpluged it at 11:00pm and by 10:30am it was at 43%. I only used it for a few calls and texts in the two day period, no tweaking or updates of any kind.
Rooted
Blackhole 2.4
Stupidfast 12.19.10
DJ05

try try stupid fast V1.76 i get 24 hours with moderate use
http://totalnerdity.com/sf/]Geeknik's StupidFast Kernel for the Samsung Fascinate

also at night go to settings>accounts and sync> background data, uncheck it.... you dont need widgets updating while you sleep or anything polling. then you can turn it back on when you wake

Reactions: Nytom30

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
001.jpg
002.jpg

I used to have a poor battery life before - especially, it drains dramatically over night.

And now - as you can see the image above - my phone runs more than 4 days straight with moderate use.

I made moderate phone calls (about 10 to 20 phone calls daily, less than 3 min each), light web browsing, played few games (about 10 minutes each time), listened to some music, read some eBooks every night before bed, took whole bunch of photos and videos of my children playing and skiing, and of course, watching those photos and playback of the videos after wards....I left my phone running an app which kept the screen on by mistake in my pocket while I was at the ski resort for about at least an hour or so....then checking emails, browsing apps and downloaded and installed a few from the market...and play around...and so on and on.... and my phone's battery still running pretty good after 4 days of usage.

I am no expert or anything so I really don't know exactly what makes my phone good and bad and how to optimize battery life but I will share what I have...and here is what I know from my memory.

- So first thing I did was, rooted my phone, removed all the Verizon junk apps, changed Bing to Google search.

- Then I played around quite a lot but I ended up clearing up lots of fancy widgets such as beautiful widgets. I know they are beautiful, fun to have, but I rather have my phone to be functional and effective and simple. So I removed most of the widgets except the Google search bar and Jorte Calendar and Task list on another page. (see image above) And darker background image to save some battery life.

- I moved all apps that I don't need from system to SD card. Then I hid all apps that I don't need to see in the app drawer page such as Phone, Dolphin HD, and others (about 10 apps in which I used the most) since I can access them directly from Home screen.

- I leave bluetooth and GPS off since I don't used them most of times.

- I set my screen brightness level pretty low / auto setting. Also I set screen time out at 30 seconds but I have habit of turning screen off by pressing power button when I am done using phone.

- I have turned off the Haptic feedback in Sound Setting so I don't have any vibration whenever I touch my phone.

- I set email syncing every hour instead of every 5 min.

= There are some more thing I did to my phone which I can't remember at this time. But to me, the battery life can be extended if you pay little more attention to your phone. Keeping your phone setting clean and simple, not running or killing unnecessary apps and widgets, and minimizing the screen display usage will definitely help your battery usage.

Of course, there are so many great articles and tips if you search around this great forum.
If you get lucky just like myself and learn all the great tips from many master gurus in this forum, your Fascinate will be happy again :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci