ROM DL09 available at xda now

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Something about DJ05 stopped verizon from releasing it (otherwise it would be pushed OTA before we saw another rev.) Also, according to some guy on the internets, DJ05 is a datecode for october 5 and DL09 is a datecode for Dec 9... so it's two month newer firmware. What's not to like?

With that said, no i am not planning on rushing to get my phone flashed.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I was there pulling it down and the ROM stopped downloading at 80% for some "unknown server error".. Haven't the time to go back into the pool..

I just loaded DJ05 so have no interest in exploring just yet...

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There's actually a lot about his ROM in particular that makes me want to try it out. It sounds like he stripped some crap out (e.g. verizon bloat) without going too overboard. It also sounds like the kernel doesn't have the popping problem.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and installed DL09 early this morning and so far like it. I do not see any major changes over DJ05 other than it "seems" to be smoother and has better battery life thus far.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not bothering, dev's aren't gonna do any roms or themes last I heard. I think AOSP is the next thing to wait for

Cory...still popping? :(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not bothering, dev's aren't gonna do any roms or themes last I heard. I think AOSP is the next thing to wait for

Cory...still popping? :(

Actually the popping went away when I installed the test kernel that Brandon posted, so no complaints in that regard. I'm just curious about this one, because of some of the things he did to clean it up a little, not to mention December 9th does sound better than October 5th :) I'll report back and let you guys know how it goes.

Reactions: jbr05ki

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Initial testing seems fine. I was about to get on here and declare Navigation/GPS a bust, because when I opened NAV it just sat there with a message saying "Checking Nav Availability" and the GPS icon went nuts, but an uninstall/reinstall of Maps seemed to resolve the problem.

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm so happy with DJ05 that I'm a little wary of jumping ship already to a new build. As soon as you get the opportunity could someone post the benefits of DL09 over DJ05 other than its "newness". Thanks guys!!

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I've done so far is root it and debloat. The phone works fine as is. I'll give it a try after the new years festivities.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
so far it runs fine. no problems. i havent seen any improvemnets, and i have not seen anything negitave. everything works well. the gps is great, so far no differance in battery, no poping on bluetooth. i dont think i will keep it though. i just cant stand how stock it feels(other than the new touch sound, its annoying as crap!!! i love it!!!). i really like the feel of blackhole 2.4. i am gonna try it with my car dock later today, if it lets me use the aux out i will keep it, if not then back to DJ05. all in all though adry did a good job. if you like the feel of the stock phone and you are still on DI01 then go for DL09.

Reactions: jbr05ki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy