Contact Issues After Changing ROM/Kernel

ctijacob

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
So, after I had upgraded to JT's DJ05 I noticed a problem that I'm pretty sure I did not have with the stock ROM and kernel. While it wasn't the biggest deal ever, it could be quite annoying while trying to send mass text messages.

The problem that I was experiencing was while I was on the "messages" screen and hit "New Message" and began to type the contact's name in order to add to the "To:" field, not all of my contacts would show up. For instance, I was trying to text "Jeremy" and only two of the four contacts named Jeremy showed up. I could still go to the contacts page and choose to message him from there, but he was part of my pool team and I often wanted to text the entire team at once, so it was just a little hassle..

I noticed that the two that showed up were linked to Facebook accounts and the two that didn't show were only saved on the phone. At first it seemed that only phone saved contacts were not showing up.. I spent quite some time trying to research this issue and found little-to-nothing in regards (and was pretty convinced that contacts only saved to the phone were not showing up), but when I solved the issue, it was a simple enough solution; so I thought that I would go ahead and post it here in case anyone else has had the same issue.

The contacts aren't showing up because they are not saved as mobile numbers. Edit the contact number to mobile and it will reappear in the messages applet. Dumb enough solution to overlook it for hours and get quite the headache, so hopefully this will save someone a few hours! LoL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles