Gingerbread on irc :d

zachchen1996

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread on IRC - xda-developers

Gingerbread ROM Coming to Samsung Fascinate?

Twitter

I came across this thread in XDA. The devs have stopped working on the 2.1 AOSP for the fascinate and have instead started work on gingerbread for our fascinates!! Birdman got a gingerbread kernel to boot on the fascinate!! This is a tweet from Birdmans twitter,
"_mrbirdman_ Stephen Bird
.35 kernel booting on fascinate, do you smell that? its gingerbread cooking in the oven."
SCREW YOU SAMSUNG we got awesome devs who are gonna give us GINGERBREAD :D

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice find. I tell you what: I love these guys that take the time to support phone software the way it should be done so we don't have to worry about the stupid bloated version we get from our carriers.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been holding out on flashing clockwork and begin playing with new roms and kernals until vzw gave us froyo. But if they get gingerbread then im all in. Good work to all the devs and good luck

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been holding out on flashing clockwork and begin playing with new roms and kernals until vzw gave us froyo. But if they get gingerbread then im all in. Good work to all the devs and good luck

you dont need to wait either way. i will not be going back to stock when froyo comes out. i will get the rom from here or xda or rom manager, not vzw. you are missing out on alot of improvments that vzw never released right now. the root devs are as good as the ones working for vzw and they give us phone with no bloat.

Reactions: brackett5

Dr. K_Xen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What are you guys talking about Gingerbread is a figment of your imagination. ;)

What would be good is if they toss Froyo update and go straight to Gingerbread. :D

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
you dont need to wait either way. i will not be going back to stock when froyo comes out. i will get the rom from here or xda or rom manager, not vzw. you are missing out on alot of improvments that vzw never released right now. the root devs are as good as the ones working for vzw and they give us phone with no bloat.

Yea but worried about all the kernals and radio issues I always see threads saying well I tried this rom and now nothing works and there always asking what kernel they have or baseband and what not and thats headache I dont have time to have lol.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea but worried about all the kernals and radio issues I always see threads saying well I tried this rom and now nothing works and there always asking what kernel they have or baseband and what not and thats headache I dont have time to have lol.

The only problem with these kernels is people not reading or understanding what they're doing before they jump in and start flashing. In each case, the devs clearly stated "You need to flash THIS modem.bin, one of THESE kernels and one of THESE roms, otherwise THESE things will stop working".

And sure enough, a few posts later, someone says "Hey, I just flashed this rom and THESE things aren't working anymore, what's up with that???"

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

if you flash the dl09 modem in odin and then do the build your own from rom manager you should be fine. most of us that have problems are flash whores. lol. i cant leave my phone alone.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

I was the same way. These guys on here helped big time. Im now rooted running DJ05 ROM supererdark ROM. I couldn't have ron's it without the help from the people on this forum. You will be fine and I promise you will not regret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995