Odin HASH problem...

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Good morning, y'all,

I toyed around with my Fascinate, didn't brick it, had a good time, and it made for a fast education in adb, but I want to go back to stock (really, to get the update and to make sure that I know the procedure for going back if I need to).

I removed any kernels, reinstalled the stock kernel, etc., used cwm, but in trying to use Odin to flash using adrynalyne's all in one, I continuously get the "md5 HASH value is invalid" error. I've read around, switched USB ports (I have 3), drivers are installed, re-downloaded from regular link and the mirror, and still no luck. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to go the individual file route.

I'm on a PC running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional. Thanks for the help in advance.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Solved! Okay, prior to this mess, I had successfully removed voodoo (which I had managed to flash DJ05 over without a problem) without much hassle. Then obtained the file, thanks to adrynalyne. But then I was still having the hash problem. I decided to go all the way backward, unroot, etc. After unrooting via adb (thanks to Dirrk for posting the code in the rooting thread), I did the battery pull and booted into download mode, and with Odin up, pushed the all-in-one fix onto the Fascinate, and voila, stock + bloat 100% back to normal no hash errors. If anyone else has a hash problem, I hope this helps you - for me, it meant unrooting, then pushing the package. Learned more in the past 4 days going from bloat to root to no bloat to voodoo to rom to unvoodoo to stock kernel to unroot to bloat than I did in my graduate classes last semester. Looking forward to re-rooting after the update. :D

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Im getting that error but Downloaded original att s4 md5 file from a different site. now it doesnt show the error, but...... I bought this s4 rooted and NEED the steps to unroot, and go back to stock.
im guessing I should :
1. Unroot (need steps to do this or link pleasE)
2. run odin and md5 file in Recovery odin mode at boot and run it!

Any help would be greatly apprech!!!
Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol