Its not right that XDA gets all the love... ***OFFICIAL DL09 Odin Here***

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got z4 Root and have tried it several times - how long is it sopposed to take to do its thing? This time it's been almost an hour and still working.....

like a minute,,,, hit home, go to the market , download titanium back up
open it, at the bottom it says "problems?" hit that and update busy box
then try again.....let me know if you have done this

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
whats your question?
one_click? is found int the fascinate roms and hacks section
z4root is found in xda forums

My question is will the one click method work if we flash the DL09 odin package? Or am i better off just flashing to DJ05?

Also can i just flash the rom i download from ROM manager and flash it, i.e, do they include the modem, radio, kernel, all in one convenient place, or would i have to search individually for the radio, kernel, etc?

Last edited:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My question is will the one click method work if we flash the DL09 odin package? Or am i better off just flashing to DJ05?

Also can i just flash the rom i download from ROM manager and flash it, i.e, do they include the modem, radio, kernel, all in one convenient place, or would i have to search individually for the radio, kernel, etc?

The ROM is just the ROM. You need the other components also

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
the rooting method?

Also does a rom downloaded from ROm Manager contain all the necessary items to run problem free? SOrry to ask the same thing but i am about to flash my first rom and want to be safe.

Last edited:

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
downloaded, rooted, de bloated, de binged, went to backup rom and clock work says clockwork recovery is installed, but when i boot into recovery or try to back up ROM it goes into regular recovery and shows errors at the bottom, same thing if i choose apply update .zip, does cwm need to be reflashed with odin and all that ? thanks

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
like a minute,,,, hit home, go to the market , download titanium back up
open it, at the bottom it says "problems?" hit that and update busy box
then try again.....let me know if you have done this

Ok I tried that and it's still taking forever..... I would use the one-click root from the forums but when it reboots in the middle of that the computer can't see it anymore and then it fails. This z4 is my last hope - I need to get to titanium backup to get all my apps :(

UPDATE: OMG this fixed my problem! My phone no longer shows up as a cd drive and I was able to root it with the one click method!

Last edited:

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used this yet to tell us what benefit we see coming from the update either with the above rom or if we wait for the ota?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
downloaded, rooted, de bloated, de binged, went to backup rom and clock work says clockwork recovery is installed, but when i boot into recovery or try to back up ROM it goes into regular recovery and shows errors at the bottom, same thing if i choose apply update .zip, does cwm need to be reflashed with odin and all that ? thanks

You're saying this can be done or asking? which rooting method did you use 1 click?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I tried that and it's still taking forever..... I would use the one-click root from the forums but when it reboots in the middle of that the computer can't see it anymore and then it fails. This z4 is my last hope - I need to get to titanium backup to get all my apps :(

try it with debugging mode on, and it unplugged

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Use the batch file in the root thread with sticky. Z4root would not work for me. I then de binged and removed bloatware as normal. But clockwork recovery is no longer working. Im asking if I can just reflash it in odin and then in rom manager ot if that will hurt anything. I am not able to boot into clockwork recovery or make backup in rom manager

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
FYI I used the rage.bin method posted in my Mac tutorial sticky and it worked fine. If it worked with the Mac it will work with the PC. All I do differently is add the ./ in front of my commands, to make it work with Mac.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Cory,

Sorry, I fell asleep. I don't have an ota update zip to compare, but there is in all likelihood that this is the same exact thing. Based with my prior experience with HTC devices, I am 99.99% sure.

While I did remove some unnecessary components (movinand.bin, boot.bin, Sbl.bin, param.lfs), the parts that matter (factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs, zImage, and modem.bin) have been untouched,

dbdata and cache images are just blanks--they serve as a method to erase data. I was trying to be very careful this time (and save 100mb in filesize). My DI01 all in one that I pieced together from multiple sources to make a complete reset file. It contains parts from the true DI01 master Odin, dumped components, DJ05 components, etc... Its truly a frankenbeast. I am not 100% sure, but believe this may attribute to the issue we saw with the phone randomly being seen as a cd rom drive. I was trying to avoid that this time around. While I have pure DL09 components, I stripped the stuff that may be more risky to flash on a regular basis.

tl; dr version
------------------

I removed the things that you shouldn't be flashing regularly to be safe; and the rest is pure, unmolested DL09.

Reactions: Cory Streater

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

UPDATE: OMG this fixed my problem! My phone no longer shows up as a cd drive and I was able to root it with the one click method!

Good, I can stop trying to act smart and trying to figure out why the heck it was happening xD.
Spread the word :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2