Test Kernels From Adrynalyne (updated 1/21)

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I dont know how AC feels about such things, so i dont advertise it, but me at gmail dot com ;)

Only if you feel the need though.

I will mirror some of what you said though. Im taking one hell of a hit on battery life with the standard voltage kernel. I will likely switch back to low voltage, myself. Im using my latest test too, I just cannot pass up working mass storage :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Im using my latest test too, I just cannot pass up working mass storage :p

I totally couldn't agree more. Like I said if you didn't see the post, the not working mass storage BSOD'd my computer about 20 seconds after I plugged it in every time. Anyway, ya i'll shoot you somethin. I'm not loaded but enough for a 12 pack at least :)

anon58445

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I am running DJ05, and I just installed the test2 voodoo kernal. All seems fine. I would like to try to install Supahclean .04 and the DL09 radio, but I am not sure if it will brick my phone due to having VooDoo installed. I am hesitant because of a really bad voodoo experience in the past. Any suggestions on how to do this?

EdwardsNH

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
FYI - was having problems with the boot animation (boot sound/no animation shutdown worked fine)

Updated to your v5 (standard voltage), and it works perfectly now! Thanks...again.

ps - fixed connection issue too. Was a pain to have to restart my phone every time I wanted to connect.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Running test 5 undervolted with Supahclean .04/DL09...

I'm able to mount the SD card in mass storage mode, Bluetooth and GPS seem to be working fine, no problems with call quality, but I still get audio popping in Subsonic (though none in stock music program) when I first start playing music (seems to go away after a while).

Subsonic is primarily used to stream music from a home music server, so I initially thought that it might be caused by latency, but the problem persists in offline/cached mode.

EDIT: Saw that someone else mentioned music popping only occurred for them when the screen was on. Tested this with a few songs and can confirm that popping stops as soon as I turn off the screen and starts again as soon as I turn it back on.

Diablo3042

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Test 2 Voodoo on DL09 Supah Clean. My phone is rock solid now, fastest browsing I have ever had. One question though. In task manager Personnal Data jumped way up after Voodoo install which I understand to be normal. But is it supposed to keep increasing? After the install I was at about 19.30MB and after maybe ten minutes of web browsing and texts it jumped up to 25.36MB... any thoughts?

##### EDIT

Figured out that it was my browser cache that was making personal data increase.

Last edited:

Terminator02

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've also found that the popping stops when I turn the screen off or just sit at my homescreen and do nothing, using music playerpro/gtunes/audiogalaxy.

Seems to only happen when I'm doing other things with my phone while listening to music (aka multitasking)

Sent from my (adyrn test 5 undervolted) super cleaned DL09 fascinate using tapatalk

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Adrynalyn, you're the man and thank you for everything you're doing. I just flashed my first voodoo kernel last night (same set up as Diablo3042). I have a question for Diablo and Adrynalyn... I'm loving this kernel, but I've noticed a significant difference in battery life from the 12/30 kernel. I know i read a post somewhere from Adrynalyn that noted that the Test 2 kernel is the same voltage as the 12/30 kernel. I think i've also read somewhere that voodoo vs nonvoodoo shouldn't really affect the battery life. So any thoughts? BTW so far i've depleted 25% of my battery in 4 hrs with minimal usage and the biggest culprit is cell standby at 38% and phone idle and display at 20%

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For more feedback, my battery life is definitely in the crapper. I've read alot about battery life improvement on an XDA thread here. Fix for poor battery life on dj05/dl09 (rooted) - xda-developers

My spitball Idea storm for the moment is where are the battery stats stored? Is this something that could load in badly adjusted with the kernel? It seems that they can be reset to help with battery life. I'm going to tinker with the concepts in the XDA thread tonight and see if I can't see some improvement tomorrow. Still running stock rom with bloat freezer.

Still no music pops tried stay awake with stock music player. Will run some with winamp as well and check back.

idahoakl

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a audio popping using Test 5 UV under certain circumstances.

Test 1:
Phone State: Test 5 UV kernel, Super Clean 0.4 ROM, on battery
Audio Player: Stock player
Load application: Angry Birds
Result: Start the audio player and then start angry birds. No noticeable audio pops at any time.

Test 2:
Phone State: Test 5 UV kernel, Super Clean 0.4 ROM, on battery
Audio Player: Pandora
Load application: Angry Birds
Result: Start Pandora and then go back to the home screen. Start Angry Birds. Pops begin after ~1 minute of play and continue after exiting Angry Birds. The pops seem to clear up if the screen is turned off and clear up completely in ~1 minute.

It does seem to be a load issue. How much of a load Pandora+Angry Birds versus Stock Player+Angry Birds is unknown to me. I wonder if running the stock player and trying to put a bigger load on the phone would bring out the same issue with the stock player. I'll test more when I have a little more time.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely not seeing as good battery life as I did with your 12/30 DJ05/DL09 kernel. with moderate usage I was barely able to get through the day yesterday and today, it feels as though the charge has been dropping pretty fast, 7% in the first half hour. this is all while using the undervolted kernel.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
For more feedback, my battery life is definitely in the crapper. I've read alot about battery life improvement on an XDA thread here. Fix for poor battery life on dj05/dl09 (rooted) - xda-developers

My spitball Idea storm for the moment is where are the battery stats stored? Is this something that could load in badly adjusted with the kernel? It seems that they can be reset to help with battery life. I'm going to tinker with the concepts in the XDA thread tonight and see if I can't see some improvement tomorrow. Still running stock rom with bloat freezer.

Still no music pops tried stay awake with stock music player. Will run some with winamp as well and check back.

You should probably erase battery stats from cwm once fully charged.

Reactions: papa54

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Test5 UV:

noticing severe cracking in the HellTell app. Its an app that simulates a walkie talkie. You press and record a message and the other person receives it, records a message and you receive it. My employeers voice is very crackly.

Just thought I'd throw that out there maybe you can test with that app.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I will add that I was running test 2 non-voodoo and loved it. I switched to test 2 voodoo and have been noticing the phone getting hotter while in standby and the battery getting drained.

I am going to try one of the newer voodoos and see if there is a difference.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Adyrn, could you please let me know what differences I should expect between your undervolted and standard voltage kernels? I've been searching around quite for the benefits and pros and cons of undervolting and I'm still confused on what to expect or hope for. What I have found seems over my head so maybe you could dumb it down for me. Thanks for all your work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49