APPMarket download does not work

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
After rooting my phone for 2 days now lol. The wait is over thanks to the fine people of AD. The only problem I am having now is downloading apps from the market. What did I do wrong.:(

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try to download an app it will start the process but not finish it. I just installed superclean rom my first time ever and now I can not download apps
I have done 3 battery pulls and the downloads still wont finish. Thanks in advance

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try to download an app it will start the process but not finish it. I just installed superclean rom my first time ever and now I can not download apps
I have done 3 battery pulls and the downloads still wont finish. Thanks in advance

first lets try the simplest did you
settings>applications>mangage applications>market>clear data cache, and uninstall updates(if available?)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
if that doesnt work, try flashing your kernel. you can flash the same one or a new one. this has happened to me several times on new rom flashes. the kernel flash usually fixes it for me.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
if that doesnt work, try flashing your kernel. you can flash the same one or a new one. this has happened to me several times on new rom flashes. the kernel flash usually fixes it for me.

I agree with gunner I have had similar events take place. Got major hangups with the market until I flashed a new or re flashed the current kernel.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I ended up having to re-flash DL09 to alleviate this issue. It would take forever for the Market to show my downloaded apps or bring up search results. I don't seem to be having problems now.

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried uninstalling the app but it would not let me now trying to reflash the kernel. I caught the ****ens do it the first time. I will report back and again thanks for the timely responses.

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay when it comes to reflahing is that through rom manager or odin. So guys I am not good at all of the flashing stuff. First time and the instructions are getting me frustrated. Lol

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If the app is on the SD card move it to the phone. If you are trying to install the app then try unmounting the SD card first. I'm having app problems as well and this temporarily fix it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok will try that. Okay as I type this my phone is talking to me tell it is converting partition in a womans voice. I am so lost omgoodness. this is driving me nuts sorry .

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That is a voodoo kernel you are installing. It is converting your file system from RFS to a more standard EXT4. No big deal. Just read up on what voodoo kernels do, and the rules you should follow for flashing ROMs and other kernels

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok will try that. Okay as I type this my phone is talking to me tell it is converting partition in a womans voice. I am so lost omgoodness. this is driving me nuts sorry .

you got yourself a voodoo kernel. not the end of the world, however i would say you are not experianced enough to run voodoo. i would run the voodoo uninstaller and flash a different kernel. you may aslo consider flashing back to stock and starting over. this will get rid of voodoo but you will have to go through the root process again. think of it as a good learning experiance. :D

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for all the help i needed it. I bricked my phone and just got it up and running again. About to start from scratch and see how it goes from there. ONCE again thank you for the help. And yes I will be exercising the demons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz