I installed the DL09 ROM so now I dont have a boot animation and Ive been looking at tutorials and everything to put one onto my phone but they just dont work. I tried this one

HOW TO: Change bootup/shutdown animations and sounds - Android Forums

It tells you to put it in the /data/local folder but when I go into data there isnt a folder named local so I tried making one and putting the bootanimation.zip into it but still nothing.

Anyone know whatsup?
    01-17-2011 03:30 PM
    have you tried doing it through Rom Manager? also what kernel are you using?
    I'm assuming you're rooted, place your bootanimation.zip file in data/local using Root Explorer.
    01-17-2011 03:40 PM
    I installed the DL09 ROM so now I dont have a boot animation and Ive been looking at tutorials and everything to put one onto my phone but they just dont work. I tried this one

HOW TO: Change bootup/shutdown animations and sounds - Android Forums

It tells you to put it in the /data/local folder but when I go into data there isnt a folder named local so I tried making one and putting the bootanimation.zip into it but still nothing.

Anyone know whatsup?
    As far as I'm aware, the bootanimation.zip needs to go into system/media And the shutdown animation frames need to go into system/media/video (and there might be a shutdown folder inside there)
    01-17-2011 03:51 PM
    Ahh nice! I bought root explorer, moved the boot animation to the folder and was able to uninstall it for a refund! Thanks a lot
    01-17-2011 04:00 PM
    Ahh nice! I bought root explorer, moved the boot animation to the folder and was able to uninstall it for a refund! Thanks a lot
    you may as well go ahead and reinstall root explorer if you are stay rooted. you will absolutely need it.
    01-17-2011 04:09 PM
    I second that, root explorer worked great to get rid of all the bloat apps using multi-select.
    01-17-2011 04:16 PM
    Yea, Root Explorer is easily the single most useful app I've purchased. Well worth the few $ it costs.
    01-17-2011 05:29 PM
    or just get the bloat fee ROM from JT like I did, also used ROM manager to just upload all the boot screens works great.
    01-17-2011 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD