Reinstall 3G Mobile Hotspot

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I rooted, wiped and installed the Supah Clean DL09 .4 ROM. I did a Titanium Backup before I started, and when necessary, I've been restoring a few things here and there. So far so good.

Today I needed to use the 3G Mobile Hotspot, and duh, it's not there. When I found it in Titanium Backup I found no option to restore it.

I downloaded a Fascinate system dump and found MobileAP.apk and MobileAP.odex in the /fascinate/app directory. Is fixing this as simple as moving both to the /system/app directory?

Any idea why Titanium Backup didn't back this app up?

Thanks!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I rooted, wiped and installed the Supah Clean DL09 .4 ROM. I did a Titanium Backup before I started, and when necessary, I've been restoring a few things here and there. So far so good.

Today I needed to use the 3G Mobile Hotspot, and duh, it's not there. When I found it in Titanium Backup I found no option to restore it.

I downloaded a Fascinate system dump and found MobileAP.apk and MobileAP.odex in the /fascinate/app directory. Is fixing this as simple as moving both to the /system/app directory?

Any idea why Titanium Backup didn't back this app up?

Thanks!

dude your rooted. 3g mobile hot spot costs money. get the wireless teather. its free, you have to be rooted to use it.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If that's the apk it might work...i pulled need for speed and think free office from the system dump a while ago, they work fine. You don't need the odex. You can just put the apk on your SD and click on it, Root Explorer should install it

Reactions: jack22182

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If that's the apk it might work...i pulled need for speed and think free office from the system dump a while ago, they work fine. You don't need the odex. You can just put the apk on your SD and click on it, Root Explorer should install it

Thanks - I tried the above and everything went fine until I OK'd the app permissions, then I got an "Application not installed" error with no other explanation.

Jack

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure, probably that app is more tightly bound to the stock Verizon ROM than the stuff I reinstalled

Might try rebooting if you haven't already. Or maybe it does need to go on system/app and not data/app. No idea :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jack22182

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure, probably that app is more tightly bound to the stock Verizon ROM than the stuff I reinstalled

Might try rebooting if you haven't already. Or maybe it does need to go on system/app and not data/app. No idea :)

Thanks again for your help. I ended up using ROM Manager to get it from the sonofskywalker set of stock apps and that worked great. I appreciate your suggestions though!

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to reinstall 3g hotspot app cuz barnacle wont work without it being installed, im rooted and downloaded mobileap.apk fron sonofskywalker from rom manager, rebooted and I get errors it wont do anything I then I have to click reboot system now and it phones boots up normally, what do I need to do to make this work? Plz help

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to reinstall 3g hotspot app cuz barnacle wont work without it being installed, im rooted and downloaded mobileap.apk fron sonofskywalker from rom manager, rebooted and I get errors it wont do anything I then I have to click reboot system now and it phones boots up normally, what do I need to do to make this work? Plz help

That's exactly what I did to get it back and it worked fine here. I only started the rooting and the flashing three days ago and stumbled on this method from reading posts, so I'm not going to be of much assistance I'm afraid.

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had barnacle installed, and it wouldn't work at all, I downloaded Samsung drivers, Odin, and cement recovery, went through the process to download into phone, downloaded hotspots app from sonofskywalker and got it reinstalled, now barnacle works except for the widget, idle y not though. This was my first time using Odin, I rooted with z4root, but I think I'm gonna root with Odin instead is there any reason it would be better or not? I've only been playing with my phone for about a month learning my way around its a blast, and thanx to all here on androidcentral and xda for the threads posts and replies, you all make it a little simpler for us noobs

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463