DX user needs help with wife's Fascinate

spurling9

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I had rooted my wife's phone using Z4 a while back.
Got home yesterday evening and she let me know that she installed a Verizon update (dl09).
Root no longer worked. Tried running Z4 again with no luck. Uninstalled Z4.
Spent some time reading in here and tried the one-click method. Got successful root message, but apps requiring root do not work.
Also tried the cmd window method. Same result as with one-click above.
I have the su icon in my apps. Have found 2 superuser.apk's in the system/app folder. I think they are legacy items from Z4.

Any suggestions how to clear out everything and start again. Matter of fact, any suggestions at all?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
try looking at xda forums for some help.

I never rooted my DINC because I never wanted it screwed up buy a verizon update.
Can't you install another rom over the existing one?

spurling9

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The only mod that I did to her phone was root. So she could have wireless tether in the car (for our kids).
Don't plan on flashing another rom unless I had to.

spurling9

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I did go into the su app and cleared everything out.
Now when I run su, I get a message to upgrade su. Clicking yes to that results in a failure to upgrade and a zip file is placed on my card.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you try to go into the superuser application and remove all remembered SU grants?

You can also try the method described at http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/54213-modified-cwmrecovery-odin-dj05-dl09-plus-new-root-instructions-updated-1-15-a.html to achieve root.

Yea i would go with this method, essentially you will just be gaining root access, but now you would also be able to flash ROMS if you ever decided. Probably will be the easiest way

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just answered another post about this same issue, as well as experiencing it myself when I upgraded my girlfriends Fascinate to DL09 and rerooted with 1 click. What I found is busy box didn't take with the 1 click method. The simple way I thought of to update it, was to use Titanium Backup and click on the "Problems?" button in it, which downloads the newest version of busy box.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie