Finally took the plunge, rooted and got Titanium.

To remove the bloat, is it as simple as hitting back up and then uninstall to remove the unwanteds?

Tried this with Bing, it had a line through it, then tried restore. It says its already running?

Just dont wanna make a mistake here.

Thx...
    01-21-2011 07:30 AM
    Use the freeze option. It'll prevent the app from showing up and it makes it a lot easier to restore it if you ever need to

Sent from my SCH-I500
    _CJ_ likes this.
    01-21-2011 07:33 AM
    Only have the free version right now so cant freeze.

Just want to get rid of some this stuff for some better battery life and wanted to make sure how to use titanium.

Thx again...
    01-21-2011 08:12 AM
    Only have the free version right now so cant freeze.

Just want to get rid of some this stuff for some better battery life and wanted to make sure how to use titanium.

Thx again...
    if you remove the apps be aware that if you do you will not be able to do any future OTA updates without finding every app you removed and installing them into your phone again,,,or you will have to flash back to stock using Odin.
    _CJ_ likes this.
    01-21-2011 08:15 AM
    if you remove the apps be aware that if you do you will not be able to do any future OTA updates without finding every app you removed and installing them into your phone again,,,or you will have to flash back to stock using Odin.
    Thats what I dont want to do.

So I need to upgrade to get ( freeze ) the bloat from running then.
    01-21-2011 08:33 AM
    I'd put my money into Root Explorer where you can either delete or rename the bloat.. right now i'd go for renaming the bloat with a .old ext at the end so you can switch it back later on when the update comes.. cheers

*** There is a sticky thread on how to do this btw
    01-21-2011 08:49 AM
    i second the root explorer, what i do is make a folder on my sd card and move the bloat ware into that, that way when an OTA does come you can just multi select them al and move them back to the system app folder, or you can just flash new roms and not worry about OTA's
    01-21-2011 09:35 AM
    I reccomend both routes (I know....hard to please when your straight down the middle). Both Root Explorer and Titanium backup are both purchase apps, but WELL worth the price IMO. If you go the RE method, you will have to go back and rename all those files again... which i thought was a hassle, but would still reccomend having the app as it is dead awful useful. Titanium Backup Pro allows the freezing, but also the batch runs, so you go ahead and freeze all your apps....in a year we finally get Froyo and you want to upgrade. You run the batch to unfreeze. Do your upgrade...reroot.... and then refreeze. Takes no more than few minutes and it is quick easy and painless.
    01-21-2011 01:06 PM
    Thats what I dont want to do.

So I need to upgrade to get ( freeze ) the bloat from running then.
    Bloat Freezer has this same function and is cheaper. Coupled with the free version of Titanium Backup you can't go wrong. TB Premium is well worth the money though if you are going to use features other than just the freezing.
    01-21-2011 02:58 PM
    Bloat Freezer has this same function and is cheaper. Coupled with the free version of Titanium Backup you can't go wrong. TB Premium is well worth the money though if you are going to use features other than just the freezing.
    I totally agree with this one. Bloat freezer did the job for me, and It only took me a couple minutes to unfreeze everything for a trouble shooting issue. Didn't cost much, and worked really well. The free Titanium has been a god send for me in my rooting learning process. Lets me lay some of my more complicated app (like my launcher) right over the top of any ROM I load up to play with so I don't feel naked and spend 20 minutes setting everything back just the way I had it.
    01-22-2011 01:19 AM
    I totally agree with this one. Bloat freezer did the job for me, and It only took me a couple minutes to unfreeze everything for a trouble shooting issue. Didn't cost much, and worked really well. The free Titanium has been a god send for me in my rooting learning process. Lets me lay some of my more complicated app (like my launcher) right over the top of any ROM I load up to play with so I don't feel naked and spend 20 minutes setting everything back just the way I had it.
    Glad you are enjoying Bloat Freezer

Yesterdays update should be a lot faster on your Fascinate and all other Galaxy S phones
    01-22-2011 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD