z4Root doesn't like me.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded z4Root to permanently root my phone.
I hit Permanent root, and then it says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access." and it stays there for a long time.
Is it supposed to do this? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, But of course, that never works for me.
I even let it sit for a long time while it stayed on that screen, and then it just went back to my homescreen. Anyone know what's up with this?

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded z4Root to permanently root my phone.
I hit Permanent root, and then it says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access." and it stays there for a long time.
Is it supposed to do this? I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, But of course, that never works for me.
I even let it sit for a long time while it stayed on that screen, and then it just went back to my homescreen. Anyone know what's up with this?

Z4root is very fickle. It worked for me while I rooted my (Telus) Fascinate on Eclair. But when I flashed in Froyo, Z4 just did not work. I used super one click root instead.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Z4root is very fickle. It worked for me while I rooted my (Telus) Fascinate on Eclair. But when I flashed in Froyo, Z4 just did not work. I used super one click root instead.

Yeah, I have DL09 on my on my Fascinate. And I have a mac, so I don't think super one click will work on here.
How is froyo for the Fascinate, btw?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
DL09 broke a couple methods of rooting, or at least changed how we have to go about them unfortunately.

red cwm is a great way to root. it should work for macs as well. i flashed back to stock. formated my sd card, i wanted to make sure it was like out of the box. droped superdark on the sd. put the phone in dl mode. flashed red cwm. booted into recovery, flashed superdark. done!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey