I keep telling myself (Themes?)

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I keep telling myself i'm still a noob, and it's true. Learning quickly though.

So what's the deal with themes?

1- Do I flash them just like a rom, or can they be loaded up live? Do they only work on certain roms?

2- What all do themes do? Is it like a glorified launcher that just changes the color of some menus? Can they change some of the more fundamental elements of the UI like the toggles in the notification shade?

Any more info would be righteous.

Edit: I've loaded themes with ADW launcher, but all of the talk makes it seem like actual "themes" are a much bigger deal. Just so everyone knows i'm not a TOTAL moron.

Last edited:

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Just make sure you do a Nandroid backup. I tried flashing the dl05 superdark theme over dl09 and it bricked my phone........twice! Dunno what i did wrong but Nandroid backups save your can if you flash happy.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you do a Nandroid backup. I tried flashing the dl05 superdark theme over dl09 and it bricked my phone........twice! Dunno what i did wrong but Nandroid backups save your can if you flash happy.

I've already been able to enjoy said benefits. Definitely a good thing.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

any DJ05 theme will brick your phone if you are on DL09. You have to flash the theme first and then flash the DL09 theme fix here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/DL09_aosp_lock_theme_hax.zip (courtesy of Adrynalyne) immediately after you flash the theme, otherwise your phone won't boot.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup jack I found that out, you have to reboot into recovery to flash the theme you can't do it from ROM Manager! Just for the reason you stated, you then have to flash the fix. My mistake was I flashed the theme from Rom Manager and when it was done it tried to restart the phone.

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
you can do it from rom manager, but when it tries to boot up again hold down the pwr, vol+ and vol - buttons, and the samsung will flash twice, and it should boot into recovery. apply update.zip and you will be in cwm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance