Which Rom & Kernel should I run? Need help!

piersol

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fascinate that I got last Tuesday. It is rooted, and I have all the necessary paid apps such as rom manager and titanium backup. I like the stock Verizon rom, but would like all of the bloatware removed except for my verizon and visual voice mail. I would also like it to be google instead of bing.

I am not against flashing a totally different rom to it. That would be fine. I like apps, so I don't want a stripped bare one. Also, what kernel should I run? I am totally lost when it comes to kernels.

Please school me! What is everybody running, and what is special or good about the one you are using?

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fascinate that I got last Tuesday. It is rooted, and I have all the necessary paid apps such as rom manager and titanium backup. I like the stock Verizon rom, but would like all of the bloatware removed except for my verizon and visual voice mail. I would also like it to be google instead of bing.

I am not against flashing a totally different rom to it. That would be fine. I like apps, so I don't want a stripped bare one. Also, what kernel should I run? I am totally lost when it comes to kernels.

Please school me! What is everybody running, and what is special or good about the one you are using?

try jts supa clean its for dl09 i think. its like the stock vzw rom with our all the bloat ware and DE-BINGD!!! and then u can go to market and down load those apps back to the phone and go here you can find it all:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-hacks/55521-kernel-roms-themes-list.html

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

if your phone is already DL09 go with super clean for DL09. if its DI01, go with super clean for DJ05. If you dont have dl09 now no need to shoot yourself in the foot. dj05 has all the same bug fixes that dl09 has except that bug fix that dl09 suck.

i personally like superdark.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Go into ROM Manager and look into SonofSkywalker's build your own ROM section. You can add whatever apps you want and even keep some of the stock apps you seem to wanna do. Or you can go for a Clean rom then add the apps you want afterward in his section of Rom Manager

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia