Guess what happens when you use the phone button in Odin.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i have always heard "never use the phone button in odin". i have also heard theorys on why this is but never any concrete answers. well i used it. unlike all the other stupid crap i do to my phone this was completely by accident. I swear. I really didnt mean to, no matter what you are thinking. :p i was up to late flashing.....something, i forget, but i loaded it in the phone section and hit start. then i crapped my pants. so i decided to go with it and see what happens. when it was done, i put the battery back in and un plugged form the pc, and started my phone. igot the samsung screen and thats it. i flashed a nondroid, and same thing. new kernel, same. i then flashed a new modem through Odin, and that fixed my phone.

that was the first time in a while i got nervous. any way now we know what will happen, and how to fix it.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Well better you than us! lol thanks for making it known what a fix is in the event that you do that. Its something i have always wondered as well.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, using the phone button overwrites the modem. The biggest issue in the beginning (prior to dj05/dl09) was nobody had the modem.bin for di01, so there wasn't a fix

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch for the phone surviving a drop from a 12ft ladder on tile with the VZ glossy silicon case. The guy I was working with that has a g zone bout crapped his pants.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i have always heard "never use the phone button in odin". i have also heard theorys on why this is but never any concrete answers. well i used it. unlike all the other stupid crap i do to my phone this was completely by accident. I swear. I really didnt mean to, no matter what you are thinking. :p i was up to late flashing.....something, i forget, but i loaded it in the phone section and hit start. then i crapped my pants. so i decided to go with it and see what happens. when it was done, i put the battery back in and un plugged form the pc, and started my phone. igot the samsung screen and thats it. i flashed a nondroid, and same thing. new kernel, same. i then flashed a new modem through Odin, and that fixed my phone.

that was the first time in a while i got nervous. any way now we know what will happen, and how to fix it.

gunnermike, my favorite guinea pig. :D

i honestly feel sorry for your poor, flash-raped fasn8. one wonders what's next for the little guy?

the microwave? deep sea fishing? Estes 2 stage rocket (w D sized engines)? a drop from the Washington monument? a guest appearance on Jackass?

with you my friend the possibilities are endless (and for that we are glad!!)!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

i honestly feel sorry for your poor, flash-raped fasn8. one wonders what's next for the little guy?

the microwave? deep sea fishing? Estes 2 stage rocket (w D sized engines)? a drop from the Washington monument? a guest appearance on Jackass?

with you my friend the possibilities are endless (and for that we are glad!!)!!!

lol. flashed raped!!! lol:D:D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

WAY to TOFTT:cool:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

lol. flashed raped!!!lol:D:D:D:D

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
One thing I really like about this phone is its really hard to brick. You can almost always get back t stock via odin or maybe flash a different kernel. I've gotten stuck at the Samsung logo a few times now and was always able to get back to a working phone.

ldurham1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Lucky you!!! Mine wouldn't come out of airplane mode. :/

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i think the scariest thing is there are 52 other gunnermikes out there running amok and doing god-knows-what.

SCARY.:-\

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i think the scariest thing is there are 52 other gunnermikes out there running amok and doing god-knows-what.

SCARY.:-\

lol. im glad my little experiance has brought joy to everyones life. :D

53 is for the mh-53 helicopter i was a gunner on, i will let you geuss what mike stands for. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463