I have a cellular south Fascinate and when i rooted it, it have verizon logo on it. its fully works except for the internet, any ideas?
    01-29-2011 12:55 PM
    If you used the modified CWM plus root, then you have a VZW kernel. If you can return to stock, I would advise that, and find another method for rooting. Never flash something meant for a phone other than your own!
    01-29-2011 01:44 PM
    i'm a newbie to this..... how would i return to stock?
    01-29-2011 01:46 PM
    i'm a newbie to this..... how would i return to stock?
    can you boot into recovery mode, you can try a factory reset from there,,,,but please hold off on doing that , im searching for a kernel for you hopefully we can just flash it and get you back up
    01-29-2011 01:53 PM
    Is your phone called Fascinate or Showcase?
    01-29-2011 01:58 PM
    it's called a showcase. i figured it was their version of the fascinate.
    01-29-2011 02:01 PM
    it's called a showcase. i figured it was their version of the fascinate.
    are you able to get into green clockwork,,,if so try flashing this kernel
    01-29-2011 02:05 PM
    i think the clockwork it blue
    01-29-2011 02:07 PM
    hold off on that kernel thing anyway, sorry give me a couple mins
    01-29-2011 02:08 PM
    when you boot into recovery what happens when you apply update.zip?
    01-29-2011 02:14 PM
    Root Samsung fascinate

[Q] Anyone With Root and Rom Info For Samsung Galaxy S Showcase Read This - xda-developers

hey man i hate to point you to another forum, but there isnt alot for the showcase here. it looks like alot of the stuff is compatable, so you might be able to use themes, but i wou look around the two links i put up there to see if you can find a showcase rom. all the roms mentioned here are ment for vzw. you deffinately wanna get a stock rom and know how to flash back to cell south stock before you make any major changes.

hey once you get it figured out maybe you can start a showcase forum on ac! many of us will help with some of the how to stuff, atleast what we can with what we know from vzw.
    01-29-2011 02:19 PM
    when you boot into recovery what happens when you apply update.zip?
    when i hit update.zip, it loads, reboots and get stuck on the samsung screen. btw, the clockwork is green! i attempted to update the phone so i could break the root but the it always FC. anymore help?
    01-30-2011 10:09 PM
    oh ok so when you go into recovery its a green screen?
    from green recovery can you scroll to install from sd?

what you are going to need is a SD card adapter, we need to get the kernel into the sdcard, so if you have an adapter you can plug it into a card reader and load the kernel onto the card. then pop it in and install the showcase kernel
    01-30-2011 10:29 PM
    i have it on the sd card. i really just need the internet BAD, everything else works fine. but the clockwork is green.
    01-30-2011 10:32 PM
    i have it on the sd card. i really just need the internet BAD, everything else works fine. but the clockwork is green.
    clockwork recovery is suppose to be green...can you flash the showcase kernel i gave you in the earlier post?
    01-30-2011 10:35 PM
    when i tried the Voodoo thing, i flashed it where it says, choose zip form sdcard, it showed some oversized words. When i reboot, it just stays at the samsung screen
    01-30-2011 10:40 PM
    when i tried the Voodoo thing, i flashed it where it says, choose zip form sdcard, it showed some oversized words. When i reboot, it just stays at the samsung screen
    its actually non voodoo, ...ok the crazy words is a good thing ,,,,,i dont know why its still using the verizon animation though,,,, we are going to need to try flashing a rom for the showcase let me see if i can find one
    01-30-2011 10:44 PM
    here is a showcase ROM MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

this is the site that i got the info from
    [ROM] DJ20 Cellular South Showcase Pick-n-Pack 0.2 ROM - xda-developers

honestly i dont know if this will work but at least it belongs to your phone..... please backup your contacts and any data you may need.

since you cant connect to google or anything,, you can transfer your contacts to your sd by going to contacts>menu button>export/import>export>export to sdcard
    01-30-2011 10:51 PM
    i tried using the rom and now its stuck on the samsung screen, plz help
    01-31-2011 12:19 AM
    i tried using the rom and now its stuck on the samsung screen, plz help
    its still just hanging there?
    01-31-2011 12:39 AM
    update, i learned how to go back into recovery mode and i got the phone back up. The rom did not take. i just really want to go back to stock so i start over rooting again
    01-31-2011 12:44 AM
    update, i learned how to go back into recovery mode and i got the phone back up. The rom did not take. i just really want to go back to stock so i start over rooting again
    well you flashed something verizon on your phone i dont know what that changed, i mean the next thing we could try to do is flash the prorper CWM and kernel and hope for the best,,,are you willing to try that

the biggest problem is i cant find an odin stock image to get you back to stock
    01-31-2011 12:47 AM
    i willing to try anything to get this phone to work..... i got yahoo IM to speed up the process
    02-06-2011 05:12 PM