04-21-2011 10:15 AM
1,494 ... 585960
tools
    I can't say how excited I am right now! I never have done anything like this before and I feel such a rush. I mean we should always have the ability to get what we pay for. Thanks for your your help! This is awesome. Lol, I cant put it any other way!!!
    02-18-2011 10:34 PM
    Hey Cory,

I have EA28 and Downloaded DL09 (which was a pain due to a slow connection) I tried to flash DL09 so I can Flash EB01 right after, but when I try and flash DL09, I get FAIL in ODIN

<ID:0/021> Added!!
    <ID:0/021> Odin v.3 engine (ID:21)..
    <ID:0/021> File analysis..
    <ID:0/021> Enter CS for MD5..
    <ID:0/021> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <ID:0/021> Please wait..
    <ID:0/021> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <ID:0/021> MD5 hash value is invalid.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Is this something I can fix without having to RE download the file? (DL09)
    02-19-2011 10:03 PM
    I have a rooted Verizon Fascinate with only Launcher Pro installed. No other ROM. If I return my phone to stock, then follow the FROYO EB01 update instructions, will I lose my telephone number & Verizon settings? Also will I have to redownload all the apps I have on my phone now?

Thanks for all your posting and You Tube videos..
    02-21-2011 02:22 PM
    Ok... I downloaded the DL09 and had only Verizon issued apps, no 3rd party. I was on track with the froyo.tar and installed battery , got the blue screen and did the sd update zip but the screen went green instead of red. I continued on not really sure what would happen but after installing the DL 30 leak and rebooting, the Fascinate started up fine with the update except that before the downloads I had all the bloatware Verizon apps from the DL09 and had almost 3 screens of apps.. now I have no Verizon apps (which I can't use anyway as I use a Verizon mvno) and only 2 pages of apps. I have read that there was 3 versions of the DL30 leak, one that was clean of Verizon apps... Was this the one I downloaded or did I mess up something? The phone seems to work fine..
    02-23-2011 06:34 PM
    Why do you need update DL09 to do the update to Fyoyo?? I have 2.1 update-1 . Wouldn't take DL09!! Got to the first step and couldn't get past the first blue screen sdcard:update:zip..........why???

Thanks,

Tom
    03-06-2011 08:05 AM
    Why do you need update DL09 to do the update to Fyoyo?? I have 2.1 update-1 . Wouldn't take DL09!! Got to the first step and couldn't get past the first blue screen sdcard:update:zip..........why???

Thanks,

Tom
    Hello Tom and welcome to the Android Central forums. You don't need to update to DL09 to update to Froyo. And I might be mistaken but I though 2.1 update 1 was DL09. Hit the menu soft key and go settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build. If you want to go straight to Froyo you can use one of DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages here:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-04-a.html
    You will be rooted, have clockwork mod, and get Froyo all in a few easy steps. What are you doing when you say you can't get past the blue stock recovery screen? Are you hitting the volume down button to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip then hitting the home soft key? If not that is how you get past that page. If you are doing that and not getting past the screen it means you either don't have the update.zip file installed, or it is in the wrong place.
    03-06-2011 12:01 PM
    Does anyone have the original update.zip that can be used with the OEM samsung recovery im getting an e:failed signature, I dont want to install CWM at the moment i just need the original update.zip
    03-07-2011 02:50 PM
    two questions: how to check if your phone is on dlo9 and if our phone is alredy rooted (i dont have odin or voodoo because i just rooted like an hour ago and i dont know what it is and much less how to get it) can you still install the update?
    Oh and i lied a third question: how do you back up your files?
    03-30-2011 08:54 PM
    how to download odin????? please post link
    03-30-2011 09:31 PM
    First off, start by reading the beginners thread. DL30 is an abandoned build at this point. EB01 is the current base mostly everyone is using, and EC10 is source code for the fascinates identical twin on US Cellular. Read the stickys and skip DL30. It had some issues.
    03-30-2011 10:26 PM
    I had zero issues with DL30 except that stupid tethering spy issue. I did update to 2.9.2 just because........ Well, I don't know why. I just felt a change was in order and GunnerMike was making fun of me.
    spencer0279 likes this.
    03-31-2011 05:20 PM
    i figured it out i i ****ING LOVE THIS.
    however,

my home button doesn't work, in browser, market, etc...

and also when i hit menu from home screen the 6-colum menu doesnt come up. wallpaper, settings, notification bar, etc... any help?
    04-02-2011 03:17 PM
    Flash an eb01 build for newer/better usability first.
    04-02-2011 03:56 PM
    also, idk why but everything web-related is EXTREMELY SLOW. browser, Youtube takes 5 minutes to load a video, and market often says retry error. im telling you its sooooooooo slow. whats wrong anyone else experiancing this?
    04-02-2011 03:58 PM
    Oddly, I just got my Fascinate yesterday.

I'm looking to get Froyo on here as soon as possible. Is it necessary to Root the phone first before installing Froyo, or are they two separate processes?

Go easy on me, I'm new to the android world. Thanks!
    04-16-2011 08:28 PM
    Oddly, I just got my Fascinate yesterday.

I'm looking to get Froyo on here as soon as possible. Is it necessary to Root the phone first before installing Froyo, or are they two separate processes?

Go easy on me, I'm new to the android world. Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central. You have two choices. You can root first, then upgrade to Froyo, or you can do it all in one shot with DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages.
    04-16-2011 08:58 PM
    or you could just wait for the pushed update from verizon since it should be on its way fairly soon
    04-17-2011 07:41 PM
    Just curious, but will this process still allow OTA updates? In other words if I were to root my phone following these instructions, would I then have to reset it to receive Verizon's bloatware version of 2.2.?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.
    04-21-2011 09:38 AM
    Just curious, but will this process still allow OTA updates? In other words if I were to root my phone following these instructions, would I then have to reset it to receive Verizon's bloatware version of 2.2.?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.
    Yes, You will have to go back to stock to get the update....just go here for instructions:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...yo-update.html
    freedom5669 likes this.
    04-21-2011 10:15 AM
1,494 ... 585960
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD