Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please post a tutorial on how to flash this step by step from stock DL09 w/root. To official leak? I am a total noob and certainly would appreciate it. The furthest ive gone is flashing back to Stock DL09 W/Odin and rooting. Thanks in advance to adrenalyne, droidxcon or Cory. Whoever decides to make noob friendly. P.s I dont have voodoo and have no idea what CWM is or if we need it.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Update from jt:
"For anyone flashing this rom, do not use wifi tether unless you are paying for it. There is apparently a new snooping mechanism built in along with the kernel. I would recommend to either sign up for service, or wait for someone to publish a workaround."

Reactions: KG II

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Uh...how long should the first boot take after install?

SHEW...never mind...just finished booting. For others after me, first boot for me (stuck at Verizon Screen) took at least 4 minutes.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Uh...how long should the first boot take after install?

SHEW...never mind...just finished booting. For others after me, first boot for me (stuck at Verizon Screen) took at least 4 minutes.

That'll happen any time you flash a new ROM/kernel/clear dalvik cache.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Standby guys. Just got it installed. I am doing 12 things at once, but I promise to update the first post with a more detailed explanation of the following:

1) Flash CW Red with ODIN. As soon as it's done do a battery pull.
2) Boot into red buy holding the Volume up/down keys & power button. Let go over power button after second Samsung logo.
3) You should now be in red.
4) Navigate CW red and use it to remove Voodoo if installed.
5) Then use it to install the DL30 update renamed to update.zip.

You can get the update.zip on your SD card using reader vs. plugging into computer.

There's some clues. Unfo

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
did this happen to anyone else? my appbrain app list got removed... completely, it now only shows what I have installed on this new rom

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Cory, Thanks Im gonna download adrenalyne odin CWM file then paste renamed dl30 zip to root of sd card, boot into newly loaded CWM and push update.zip. Reboot and voila I should be DL30 aka Froyo. Am I missing anything? I dont have voodoo or any lagfix at the moment. Thanks again

Nevermind. I decided to jump right in and install it. It worked. Thanks all.

Last edited:

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
no prob, just trying to be helpful as well =)

I also saw it install as a cdrom at first and freaked me out, then I remembered to enable usb debugging

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
methinks i'll be waiting a bit for the chaff to clear, and then wait even longer until the first super clean version comes out.

i like the bloat-free life and see no reason to go back to it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Initial observations:

If you don't have it yet, remain calm. From what I can tell there are no major differences to get excited about. Performance or otherwise.

GrandOsand. That is correct. Let me know how it goes. It will be helpful for me as I update the procedure.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
it's not too bad so far, and the search is google and not bing! so far the changes I see, I'm liking, so definitely worth it to at least give it a shot

*edit* haha wow, just completely contradicted you Cory... I still think it's worth it to give it a shot tho, can't hurt =)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
it's not too bad so far, and the search is google and not bing! so far the changes I see, I'm liking, so definitely worth it to at least give it a shot

*edit* haha wow, just completely contradicted you Cory... I still think it's worth it to give it a shot tho, can't hurt =)

Yeah you're right about the black bar and Google search, but that is all I'm seeing at the moment. Everyone should do this, but don't worry if you can figure out. We'll get a procedure up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang