Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!! I have confirmed that I am on 2.2.1 (YAY and thanks to everyone for your assistance!!) but now I am getting an error that won't go away (it keeps poping up). "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Why is this happening and how do I get rid of it?

Does this have anything to do with the fact I had replaced Bing with Google prior to my root/Froyo update?

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I like it so far. If you use the default launcher, it shows the number of missed messages on the icons. Of course the one day my wife takes my car and I can not test the Car Dock to see if the audio works. :(

Flash works great (at least in Miren)
WiFi seems faster. Updated 17 apps through appbrain in about 2 minutes.
Installation of apps seems quicker based on the above updating of 17 apps in about 2 minutes.
Apps Remained (Except Google Maps - wonder why?????)
All contacts remained

Last edited:

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Initial observations:

If you don't have it yet, remain calm. From what I can tell there are no major differences to get excited about. Performance or otherwise.

GrandOsand. That is correct. Let me know how it goes. It will be helpful for me as I update the procedure.

I ran a benchmark test earlier today and I was at 886. Now after the Froyo update I am at 937. Not significant but an improvement non the less.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Observations about update:

* Google Search now included.
* Black bar instead of gray at the top of the screen.
* Visual upgrades to icons in settings, and notifications panel for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and new icons for: Mobile Data & Auto Rotation.
* If you were previously rooted, you will maintain root.
* Call quality is good.
* Additional social accounts added: AOL Mail, Verizon Net, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail added in setup wizard.
* 3 new font styles for all system fonts: Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, and Rosemary; accessible is settings > display settings > font style. Options for downloading more fonts online.
* Added Samsung Keypad Keyboard.
* New tethering option in settings > wireless and networks (different than VZW Mobile Hotspot?)

How about a Flash test, Cory? :)

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
HELP!!! I have confirmed that I am on 2.2.1 (YAY and thanks to everyone for your assistance!!) but now I am getting an error that won't go away (it keeps poping up). "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Why is this happening and how do I get rid of it?

Does this have anything to do with the fact I had replaced Bing with Google prior to my root/Froyo update?

Most likely from the enhancedgoogleserch.apk you're talking about. I too had the same problem as doing a wipe in CWM before install doesn't remove any files in system/app or replace stock files. Just flash a stock image in Odin and then install the zip again.

Dan Ang

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I am on non-voodooo, do I need to update my CWM at all? I don't even know how to tell if I'm on red or green.

Someone in XDA posted an update, but I have no idea if that's for people like me (non voodoo) or not.

mib12890

Nov 18, 2010
twitter.com
I ran a benchmark test earlier today and I was at 886. Now after the Froyo update I am at 937. Not significant but an improvement non the less.

That's samsung's proprietary .rfs filesystem for you. It makes the i/o very crappy benchmark wise. So when you see low quadrant scores from galaxy s phones its the filesystem not the cpu or hardware. Changing the filesystem to ext4, which is exactly what "voodoo" kernel does, will make quadrant scores go through the roof.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Most likely from the enhancedgoogleserch.apk you're talking about. I too had the same problem as doing a wipe in CWM before install doesn't remove any files in system/app or replace stock files. Just flash a stock image in Odin and then install the zip again.

I deleted it and that issues went away. It seems it was a 2.1 apk and did not like 2.2.1. Now when I try to use the native TwLauncher (I was using Go Launcher) to see what enchancements there are, I get a Force Close with the same message that the process (com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Gonna try and see if I can delete that file too.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's samsung's proprietary .rfs filesystem for you. It makes the i/o very crappy benchmark wise. So when you see low quadrant scores from galaxy s phones its the filesystem not the cpu or hardware. Changing the filesystem to ext4, which is exactly what "voodoo" kernel does, will make quadrant scores go through the roof.

I am still trying to get thought my first Froyo update! lol... once I am secure with that I will try to voodoo.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
My observations:

Power Off now has a color screen and has;
Silent Mode
Mobile Data
Airplane Mode
Power Off

I no longer have the ability to Silence the phone via the volume button. It only goes down to Vibrate. Need to figure this one out.

I changed in the sound options, to vibrant unless silenced, but sometimes you want vibrate and not silence...

Reactions: sushiguy732
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood