Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Cory, it worked great.. Smooooth. I downloaded adrenalynes CWM odin files, since I never had CWM, I would guess Droidxcon method to get CWM would work to. Once I had CWM, I just downloaded DL30 zip, renamed it to update.zip and booted to cwm recovery applied update.zip, took awhile to reboot but once finished its sll good. Thanks for the outstanding website! Without it id just be another disgruntal fascinate owner. Awsome.

Reactions: Cory Streater

mib12890

Nov 18, 2010
twitter.com
I am still trying to get thought my first Froyo update! lol... once I am secure with that I will try to voodoo.

Nobody should be scared of Voodoo, all it does is change the filesystem to a better performing one that of ext4. Why samsung chose to make their own filesystem for their phones idk, but it will cause depression from quadrant lol. Linpack wise 2.2 on this phone is right up there with the droid 2.

Reactions: bruteforce037

jholmes1

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Cory it looks like at long last you are going to have to update your "Rom/Kernel" to something other than "Not Froyo." I'm crying a single tear of joy right now...

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to rename it to update.zip, or can I just flash it by selecting the 'choose zip from sd card' option and choosing the file?

Update: Nevermind, just saw the previous post

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I deleted it and that issues went away. It seems it was a 2.1 apk and did not like 2.2.1. Now when I try to use the native TwLauncher (I was using Go Launcher) to see what enchancements there are, I get a Force Close with the same message that the process (com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Gonna try and see if I can delete that file too.

I had to go into Apps and select on TWLauncher and "Clear Data". This seemed to work.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I am on non-voodooo, do I need to update my CWM at all? I don't even know how to tell if I'm on red or green.

Someone in XDA posted an update, but I have no idea if that's for people like me (non voodoo) or not.

When you boot into CWM Recovery is the text red or green? CWM red replaces the stock blue recovery so it doesn't require the update.zip file on your sd card to run.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have stock DL09 and I just rooted. I already did a TI Backup of all my user apps. Now how do I get DL30 onto my phone?

See post 1.

has any one tried to debloat yet? so far i am liking it

Didn't override root or bloat on my phone. I had already rooted and debloated.

I'm confused is it necessary to rename the kewl froyo zip to update.zip?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Not if you are using CWR. I was mistaken.

Would I have to update to DL09 first? I'm still on DI01.

I would yes.

Reactions: sushiguy732

mib12890

Nov 18, 2010
twitter.com
what do you all think of the new and improved touchwiz? They have cleaned it up and made it look slick imo, not that i prefer it over stock android. At least now it's not as painful to look at.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Would I have to update to DL09 first? I'm still on DI01.

yes. the DL30 ROM needs a DJ05 or DL09 radio. You can grab the DL09 radio from here: [RELEASE] DL09 rom, kernel, radio - xda-developers

download the radio and flash with Odin. Great How to flash with Odin instructions here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/542515-post4.html

then flash the DL30 ROM.

This assumes you are rooted and already have CWM. If not, see the stickies and the How to threads.

shout out if you need more help.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nobody should be scared of Voodoo, all it does is change the filesystem to a better performing one that of ext4. Why samsung chose to make their own filesystem for their phones idk, but it will cause depression from quadrant lol. Linpack wise 2.2 on this phone is right up there with the droid 2.

Ok... I'll try that next (week) after I play aroud with this some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.