03-20-2011 04:39 PM
484 ... 1617181920
tools
    Simple answer: No. Apps packages install the same apps as SC 2.9 but they have been 'skinned' to better fit the overall schema of the theme... They will not be on your phone twice - they just take the place of the existing apps.. they do not affect the app data.. just changes the appearance of the icon, colors, frames, backgrounds.... etc.
    I would just add to that by saying read the entire first post in the thread by the theme developer by clicking on the developer's name next to the theme name in the first post in this thread. Last I saw, a few of the developers said to remove the stock apps that are themed in the app packages.
    03-17-2011 12:35 AM
    I flashed nitro honeycomb last night, and I really like it. But I don't like how on the widget list you have to highlight it to read it. I really like the miui music, but I don't like how there are not any controls from the lockscreen. Other than that I am real happy with it.

sent from my super clean 2.9 fascinate
    03-17-2011 07:59 AM
    I am on 2.9.1 and now I am wondering about themes. Is a theme the same thing as a launcher like Touchwiz or ADW? I hear a lot of people use superdark, is this just a different luncher or is it a rom like 2.9? If I install it is there an easy way to go back to Touchwiz? does TW get replaced?

Thanks for any info guys.
    03-17-2011 09:45 AM
    I am on 2.9.1 and now I am wondering about themes. Is a theme the same thing as a launcher like Touchwiz or ADW? I hear a lot of people use superdark, is this just a different luncher or is it a rom like 2.9? If I install it is there an easy way to go back to Touchwiz? does TW get replaced?

Thanks for any info guys.
    read this:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...3-15-11-a.html

ask if you have any other questions.
    lbrenes likes this.
    03-17-2011 10:05 AM
    YEA READ THAT, but a theme is exactly that.... a theme. it changes the way your phone looks, via notification bar, icons, wallpaper, ect... it does not change the way your phone preforms... its strictly cosmetic... think of a theme as make up, and a wardrobe.
    03-17-2011 10:10 AM
    Great read. I still have one question: so is a theme the same thing as a launcher?
    03-17-2011 10:12 AM
    Great read. I still have one question: so is a theme the same thing as a launcher?
    My take on it, is that it is just sorta a different color scheme on what basically amounts to a standard version. Sure, maybe the battery is a circle instead of a square but the underlying code is the same. My understanding again is that some themes use launchers, but not all and they aren't the same.

Please correct me if I am wrong...I am still a n00b to.

My only problem is matching the right theme with the right build since it isn't real clear. For example does cc theme work with sc 2.9
    03-17-2011 10:58 AM
    Theme and launcher are separate items. The launcher is what provides a link to the applications (like the desk top on your computer) - links to the applications, and the platform for the widgets to operate from.. Launchers are applications - Themes are not.

The theme is (like described above): a dressed up version of existing icons, frames, gradients.. so on.. does not have a functional other than to be pleasing to the eye..
    03-17-2011 01:17 PM
    Does anyone know if I can get the transparent notification screen without a theme?

I cannot flash a ROM since I have the nasty SOD issue, so I am kinda making my stock deodexed/debloated into something that I like.
    03-18-2011 11:37 AM
    Does anyone know if I can get the transparent notification screen without a theme?

I cannot flash a ROM since I have the nasty SOD issue, so I am kinda making my stock deodexed/debloated into something that I like.
    I have not seen that option released as a single component. It is almost always included in theme or incorporated into a ROM. I will keep my eyes open.
    curley likes this.
    03-18-2011 11:48 AM
    can anyone tell me if the NitroComb 2.0 is as solid and smooth as NitroComb 1.0 and if the notification drop down and phone pad has the transparency still
    03-18-2011 05:21 PM
    this is a very cool theme for anyone who is into the windows phone 7 UI, it is based off of a Launcher 7 style theme but with more mods, runs smooth!!! and a change of pace for those of you who get bored with same old interface...

Thanks to jspidah for a base to work off of and to lucas.scott who took the time to theme this...

[THEME] [UPDATE 3-18-11] WP7 Revolution PORT - xda-developers

[THEME] [UPDATE 3-18-11] WP7 Revolution PORT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*UPDATE!! I now have the blessing from trax26 to port this amazing work. Hats off to that guy. This theme is HUGE and he put in a lot of hours on it . Thanks to jspidah for an awesome base to work off of * Here is the original theme for the i9000: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=910918

hey guys , dont know who is interested , but im working on porting this for myself and a few others:

Version 4 :
    Beta Release EB01: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11620804/Wp7/metrobetaV4.zip

Themed apps that i have working as of now ( Version3b) :

mms
    music
    myfiles
    settings
    calculator
    video player

Changelog:

Version 4:
    -- Fixed mms . it now sends and receives mms messages.
    -- Updated the settings app to include time options.
    --Gmail now themed
    -- Camera now themed
    --Contacts now themed
    -- Included WP7 Ringtones and Notifications

im also working on my own custom boot animation.

Again , im COMPLETLY new to porting/theming or anything like that . This has been tested and should not cause bricks/bootloops , but as always , flash at your own risk.

thanks guys , and im all ears

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails
    03-18-2011 05:29 PM
    screenshots
    03-18-2011 05:38 PM
    dizzy, did you port this?
    03-18-2011 05:40 PM
    can anyone tell me if the NitroComb 2.0 is as solid and smooth as NitroComb 1.0 and if the notification drop down and phone pad has the transparency still
    All of Nitroglycerine's work has been solid. I did not flash Nitro HoneyComb 2.0 because the theme is too dark for my taste. Click on Nitroglycerine's name next to the theme name to go to his original thread where you can find screen shots.
    T3CH9ICIAN likes this.
    03-18-2011 05:43 PM
    Awesome thanks as always for the info
    03-18-2011 05:46 PM
    I'm using it and it's solid. Still transparent too
    T3CH9ICIAN likes this.
    03-18-2011 05:46 PM
    dizzy, did you port this?
    No, it's available in Jaekar's Roms, themes, and kernels thread right here at Android Central http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...3-18-11-a.html second theme down.
    03-18-2011 06:00 PM
    Looks great specially the music stuff. Keep up the good work
    03-18-2011 06:31 PM
    does anyone have any info to how smooth the EB01 Bloody Myst v2 - kenesis theme is im loving the reds but im not seeing anyone talking about it at all ive had themes get all jacked on me so i get hesitant help would b great thanks to all and any
    03-18-2011 09:35 PM
    does anyone have any info to how smooth the EB01 Bloody Myst v2 - kenesis theme is im loving the reds but im not seeing anyone talking about it at all ive had themes get all jacked on me so i get hesitant help would b great thanks to all and any
    Did you read the theme developer's OP? Click on the developer's name next to the theme name and a new window will open taking you to the theme's OP. That's probably the best source for info on each of the themes.
    T3CH9ICIAN likes this.
    03-18-2011 09:50 PM
    I wish I could offer more information. I only ran this theme for a couple of days back in February. I had no issues. There were some issues initially with the apps - but that was corrected by the developer.

kenesis has not provided any updates for that theme in some time (Early Feb).
    T3CH9ICIAN likes this.
    03-18-2011 09:52 PM
    yea ive read them and i was just looking for alil more info was all thanks another question is i love the boot up light flashing honeycombs hexagons on the NitroHoneyComb 2.0 theme can that b made into a live wallpaper ? to me that would b sick id love it and battery consumption wouldnt matter much to me on that haha
    03-18-2011 10:05 PM
    yea ive read them and i was just looking for alil more info was all thanks another question is i love the boot up light flashing honeycombs hexagons on the NitroHoneyComb 2.0 theme can that b made into a live wallpaper ? to me that would b sick id love it and battery consumption wouldnt matter much to me on that haha
    Would you like to test a beta version? - I am getting ready to compile my first apk.

Edit: Done... link removed
    T3CH9ICIAN likes this.
    03-18-2011 10:33 PM
    sure ill give it a try what all goes along with testing something ? what am i looking for or reporting ? apk ? android package kernel ? what does it involve to get it on my phone simple flash method like a theme ?
    03-18-2011 10:39 PM
484 ... 1617181920