03-20-2011 04:39 PM
484 1234 ...
tools
    I can't seem to find jt1134's froyo build. Where can I find it? Thanks
    Here is a link to the Vanilla Froyo Build. This is more of a full Froyo experience. There are multiple downloads required to make it work properly and this is updated frequently. I have not tried this build but understand it does have a few bugs.

Good luck. Happy flashing.
    02-06-2011 09:11 AM
    In the hopes to limit the size and clutter here is the new list of ROMs - Themes and Kernels for 2.2, Kaosinate, and AOSP..
    DJ05 and DL09 Themes/ROMs and Kernels link at the bottom.

Heads up: Many developers are in the process of updating themes and ROMS rapidly - some links may go dead. Please pm me and I will put it back up as soon as I can. Thanks
    I'm a huge fan of threads like this. Nice work.

P.S. I have the ability to insert new posts right after your first post (you will still be the authour) , if you ever need to do that, in the event you didn't reserve enough in the beginning.
    JaeKar99 likes this.
    02-06-2011 09:51 AM
    I'm a huge fan of threads like this. Nice work.

P.S. I have the ability to insert new posts right after your first post (you will still be the authour) , if you ever need to do that, in the event you didn't reserve enough in the beginning.
    Thanks a lot for the heads up. I may need that given the number of theme developers going at it...

Love what they are doing!
    02-06-2011 09:59 AM
    Noob to themes. I have searched for how to, flash roms and themes and cannot find a step by step.

Can anyone help?
    02-06-2011 02:38 PM
    Noob to themes. I have searched for how to, flash roms and themes and cannot find a step by step.

Can anyone help?
    It is really nothing overly complicated. If you have flashed a ROM you can flash a Theme.

1. Back up your current ROM (just in case)... use the new cwm
    2. Find the Theme you are looking at flashing and download it.
    3. Copy the downloaded zip to your sd card.
    4. Boot into recovery (new cwm).
    5. Use the menu to "install zip from sd card"
    6. Find the theme zip file on your sd card.
    7. Flash the zip and presto.. theme installed.
    8 (backup) - if you don't like what you have installed - restore your ROM from backup.

Hope that helps - Happy flashing.
    curley and rion_j like this.
    02-06-2011 03:01 PM
    It is really nothing overly complicated. If you have flashed a ROM you can flash a Theme.

1. Back up your current ROM (just in case)... use the new cwm
    2. Find the Theme you are looking at flashing and download it.
    3. Copy the downloaded zip to your sd card.
    4. Boot into recovery (new cwm).
    5. Use the menu to "install zip from sd card"
    6. Find the theme zip file on your sd card.
    7. Flash the zip and presto.. theme installed.
    8 (backup) - if you don't like what you have installed - restore your ROM from backup.

Hope that helps - Happy flashing.
    Thank you so much! Do I flash a Rom the same way?
    02-06-2011 03:48 PM
    Thank you so much! Do I flash a Rom the same way?
    ROMs are flashed the same way.. Some require that you have a particular radio/modem or kernel installed before flashing.. Others require other items to be flashed as well - Please see this link for the details.

Please check the ROM original post - (I try to put the link in the title) - the instructions for flashing the specific ROM will be in that post.

FYI: Themes are ROM specific. Themes should be selected and flashed according to the ROM you have installed. Mixing ROMs with themes that don't match cause issues and will cause a phone to lock up or just not boot.
    curley likes this.
    02-06-2011 04:04 PM
    ROMs are flashed the same way.. Some require that you have a particular radio/modem or kernel installed before flashing.. Others require other items to be flashed as well - Please see this link for the details.

Please check the ROM original post - (I try to put the link in the title) - the instructions for flashing the specific ROM will be in that post.

FYI: Themes are ROM specific. Themes should be selected and flashed according to the ROM you have installed. Mixing ROMs with themes that don't match cause issues and will cause a phone to lock up or just not boot.
    No kidding. I am glad you told me. But the themes that say DL30 (that is what I am on) will work then. THANX
    02-06-2011 04:16 PM
    So I have a question I'm not the most advanced android user so my issue is this...my phone is rooted and I'm running the leaked dl30. I downloaded rom manager and from there downloaded clockwordmod. I then went and customized my rom through rom manager and was using blackhole rom. from there I am lost. I follow all the instructions and it downloads the rom and goes to recovery mode.from there I click on apply sd card zip and then when that is done I click reboot now and nothing happens. I have tried a variety of different things following similar steps and nothing. Can someone help?
    02-07-2011 12:51 PM
    So I have a question I'm not the most advanced android user so my issue is this...my phone is rooted and I'm running the leaked dl30. I downloaded rom manager and from there downloaded clockwordmod. I then went and customized my rom through rom manager and was using blackhole rom. from there I am lost. I follow all the instructions and it downloads the rom and goes to recovery mode.from there I click on apply sd card zip and then when that is done I click reboot now and nothing happens. I have tried a variety of different things following similar steps and nothing. Can someone help?
    I have read where there have been issues with Blackhole not completely downloading and when it does pieces are missing. I am guessing that there are parts that are not completely downloading..

If you are using the old (green recovery) CWM this could be contributing to the problems with the installation.

In my opinion (opinion only). I would stick with ROMS that you can download, copy to your sd card, and flash yourself with the new CWM. There is a link on the first post to take you for a large portion of the download and install on the sd card. That may help with Blackhole.

That is the only way that you can be sure.

You made sure you backed up your ROM right?.. just to be sure.
    02-07-2011 01:09 PM
    Yes I'm pretty sure I backed up my rom I went through all the steps to back it up and I'm on the blue cwm...does that help? So are you saying I should manually install the roms to my pc then flash them to my sd card? I can see the blackhole rom downloaded on my sd card when I go to rom manager and install from sd.card. I click the install burton then it goes to recover mode and I click apply sd.card update.zip and then I click reboot but it reboots to my original rom
    02-07-2011 01:18 PM
    Yes I'm pretty sure I backed up my rom I went through all the steps to back it up and I'm on the blue cwm...does that help? So are you saying I should manually install the roms to my pc then flash them to my sd card? I can see the blackhole rom downloaded on my sd card when I go to rom manager and install from sd.card. I click the install burton then it goes to recover mode and I click apply sd.card update.zip and then I click reboot but it reboots to my original rom
    You need to get the new cwm for froyo - link

This will install the ROM correctly on froyo. That would be the first place to start.

Flash this first. When you boot into blue recovery - you apply the update.zip.

This will boot you into the new CWM (red) recovery and then you should be able to accurately install the ROM..

It is very odd for you to see the Blackhole rom.. it usually arrives in pieces and is stored in a subdirectory on your sd card... and installs from that directory. There is something not right. It should be located here: /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/www.androiddoes.net/sonofskywalker3/Rom/

This is a link to the developer's thread in XDA...

I am not certain what has gone wrong but I would suggest starting over..
    02-07-2011 01:28 PM
    Sorry I explained it wrong. The blackhole rom is located there where you specified. I think I just need to flash to the cwm red and I'll be good to go from there...i hope. Thank you for your help.
    02-07-2011 01:40 PM
    Sorry for all the questions, but a few more things real quick...when i flash to CWM red do i use ODIN to do that? And when i am flashing a new ROM should i check the box that says clear all files and cache?
    02-07-2011 03:05 PM
    You have two options for the cwm - the cwm_froyo.zip worked for me to flash in recovery..

Yes you do want to clear your data and cache.
    02-07-2011 03:51 PM
    So this may have been covered, but I haven't seen, can any kearnel compatible with the current DJ05 or DL09 baseband be flashed with DL30, or does it have to be a DL30 specific kearnel? I'd like a kearnel that's easy on my battery.
    02-07-2011 04:03 PM
    Yes to both questions, make sure u have the new_cwm_froyo.zip, not the old DJ05_DL09cwmRED
    02-07-2011 04:06 PM
    So this may have been covered, but I haven't seen, can any kearnel compatible with the current DJ05 or DL09 baseband be flashed with DL30, or does it have to be a DL30 specific kearnel? I'd like a kearnel that's easy on my battery.
    The kernel that is included with the DL30 ROM is the only kernel that works. Flashing another kernel will cause problems.

Currently this is listed on post one of this thread.
    mickey420 likes this.
    02-07-2011 04:31 PM
    Im in need of some serious help. I downloaded CWM red, and everything seemed to be going fine. I found the blackhole ROM when i went under sd/ and i went through all the other files until blackhole came up right where you said it would. I hit install and toggled down to yes, it then said it was installing and then it said install complete at the bottom, however the red CWM menu was still at the top. The only way i could find to get out of it was to click sd card update.zip, which i did, then it went and gave me the option to reboot which i did. Now when my phone turns on, the unlock screen works but when i unlock there is only a black screen, the notification menu is at the top which shows my 3g and the time and all of that, however my sd card does not get scanned. I can press the power button which gives me a bunch of options including download, reboot, recovery, power off etc...however i cannot do anything else on this black screen. What should i do????
    02-07-2011 06:04 PM
    Im in need of some serious help. I downloaded CWM red, and everything seemed to be going fine. I found the blackhole ROM when i went under sd/ and i went through all the other files until blackhole came up right where you said it would. I hit install and toggled down to yes, it then said it was installing and then it said install complete at the bottom, however the red CWM menu was still at the top. The only way i could find to get out of it was to click sd card update.zip, which i did, then it went and gave me the option to reboot which i did. Now when my phone turns on, the unlock screen works but when i unlock there is only a black screen, the notification menu is at the top which shows my 3g and the time and all of that, however my sd card does not get scanned. I can press the power button which gives me a bunch of options including download, reboot, recovery, power off etc...however i cannot do anything else on this black screen. What should i do????
    After you install the blackhole or any other rom or theme, you will see the notification letting you know installation was complete and you will see the red cwm at the top of the screeen. From that point hit the menu capacitive button (lower left of your phone.) That will take you back to the main cwm screen and reboot phone should be highlighted. Just hit the power button and your phone should reboot with whatever you just installed. When you click on sd card update.zip I believe you are starting the flashing process all over and have basically not istalled anything. Also make sure you have cleared cache and data before you flash a new ROM.
    02-07-2011 06:33 PM
    Ok so i wiped all data and cache in recovery, then went in and followed all the same instructions, did what you said to do, and rebooted. Same thing has happened, black screen with notification bar on top.
    02-07-2011 06:54 PM
    Ok so i wiped all data and cache in recovery, then went in and followed all the same instructions, did what you said to do, and rebooted. Same thing has happened, black screen with notification bar on top.
    Quick question. After you hit apply sd card:update.zip do you see this below the red script on the first red cwm screen you come to?

E: missing bitmap progress_empty (code -1)
    E: missing bitmap progress_fill (code -1)

If not, you are still using the old voodoo red cwm recovery. I don't think the new red cwm recovery is available from rom manager. Download the new red cwm that JaeKar99 provided the link for directly to your sd card. Download the blackhole rom from the first post of this thread directly to your sd card. Go into recovery by long pressing your power button if you have that option in the menue that comes up, or by powering down your phone then holding the volume up + volume down + power buttons until you see samsung flash for a second time on your screen then let go of all buttons. Scroll to apply sdcard:update.zip., and hit the home button. Scroll to apply zip from sd card and hit the power button. Find the new_cwm.zip, highlight it and hit the power button. This will give you the new red cwm. I would not go into recovery from rom manager. From reading other posts it seems the best way is to go from the power button menu if you have that option, or the volume up/volume down/power button method.
    02-07-2011 07:46 PM
    It has those first two things and the another one

E: missing bitmap progress_empty (code -1)
    E: missing bitmap progress_fill (code -1)
    CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1x
    No files found
    No files found

Does that mean i am running the old voodoo red cwm? Because i thought i installed the new one on my sd card that JaeKar99 provided. And how do i download the black hole rom directly to my sd card? Sorry for all the questions i am just really new at all of this.
    02-07-2011 07:56 PM
    Should i just flash to DL30 leak? will that do anything or will it screw everything up?
    02-07-2011 07:57 PM
    I first used the CWM_froyo-odin to get the new cwm...maybe that was the problem, however odin is the only way i know how to flash. is there another way to flash so i can flash cwm_froyo.zip?
    02-07-2011 08:43 PM
484 1234 ...