[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have relocated the resources associated with this thread to a new thread - > here

Moderator Please Close this Thread

Help Index with Links: (currently being added)
Guide to Fascinate Beginners rooting - Link - Sheepdog Elite
How to Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captures - Link - DroidXcon
How to Use Clockwork Mod Recovery - Instructions, Guidance and Discussion on the use of CWM - Link - Landshark
How to Voodoo - Instructions, Discussion and Guidance for the use of this kind of kernel - Link - gunnermike53
How to Improve Battery Life - Guidance, Discussion and Directions to improve battery life - Link - gunnermike53
How to Install Boot Animations - Instructions, Guidance, Links and Discussion on boot animation installation - Link - JaeKar99
Apps that are safe to remove after rooting - Link - Cory Streater
Full System Wipe - Link - DroidXcon

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
A fix was worked out by Suicide Shift:

Instructions:

I found a way to change themes. I tested and found the following:

If you do your nandroid backup then apply the first theme it will work. If you then restore your nandroid no them backup and apply another it FC's during boot animation and never loads.

This was NOT a theme issue I found a way around it! The below steps are if you are going from an already installed theme to a different one and you have a clean nandroid backup already...

So basically and let me know if you need more detail:

1. Make sure you have a non themed nandroid backup and backup any data contacts sms messages etc...

2. download your theme if not already on SD Card (duh)

3. In RED Recovery restore your clean NO THEME nandroid backup

4. To Prevent the FC loop at boot up you need to Flash your ROM / Kernel again... I flashed my SC2.9 voodoo after restoring my clean nadroid backup

5. Apply new theme

6. Boot and enjoy

Something must get stored by the themes that is not part of the nandroid backup that causes an issue. So between theme changes after nandroid clean restore just flash your current SC.X ROM / Kernel and without rebooting flash your new theme.

Works for me

Last edited:

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
is there a quick way of removing a theme once applied, other than a CWM backup?

Not that its a big deal, but it would be easier if you could simply disable a theme.

PLUS!

DL30 - Matted Blues Engraved 2.5 <--- Link is down

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Not that its a big deal, but it would be easier if you could simply disable a theme.

Unfortunately it is a replacement of theme components not an installation and then being able to turn it on or off..

Here is a bone bare stock theme: Link This will flash over the theme you have installed.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
DL30 Kernel for boot animation - kanged from XDA -
I have not tested this kernel. This will work with DL30 - it will afford you the option for using boot animations. It does not accommodate for start up sounds.
Link - Heavily thank jt for this is his work.

Thanks, was just going to post on that fact! Installed fine, now have the boot ani, but as you mentioned, no sound.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

PLUS!

DL30 - Matted Blues Engraved 2.5 <--- Link is down

CWM restore is the quick way. The themes replace system framework files. To get your old ones back, you need to restore them.

Thanks, was just going to post on that fact! Installed fine, now have the boot ani, but as you mentioned, no sound.

I'm glad it came with a nice preloaded boot animation too :p

Reactions: vluc

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I tried flashing the Gingerbread one with the Battery mod by putting it on the sd card via USB, and then downloaded ROM manager and hit Install ROM from SD card. Then it brought me to the green CWM Recovery.. Am I doing this right? And if I am, where do I go from there? I'm trying to learn how to flash these ROMs, and I'm sorry if I'm being annoying about it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to download the superdark theme. I click on the link, media fire page opens up, when I click the download button on that page it says processing download, then nothing. No pop up to save the zip file anywhere. Any help?

EDIT* - Never mind. don't know what was different, but I just tried it again and was able to download it.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
love it also the only thing i hate is the battery monitor which rounds to 20% ... dont know if its just me or everyone else is experiencing it

There are some other battery mods out there. Some are buggy and will cause your phone to reboot with the long press on the power button.

Look here for different types of battery/notification bar options.

These will work with sc 1.0 where some others will not.

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
love it also the only thing i hate is the battery monitor which rounds to 20% ... dont know if its just me or everyone else is experiencing it

I don't mind that because this is my first theme and the stock never told me how much battery i had left.

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Question: I have a theme set and when I flash a different one it wont change everything, the widgets stay as the old theme but the notification bar changes, etc. Do I need to flash the stock theme in between?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad