[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being a noob, but whats the diference between DL30 and EB01? I keep hearing about both of them, but which one is newer and better?

First of all there is a classification of releases by Samsung/Verizon.. Letters and numbers (used to signify year and order) to keep track of the versions that are out there for testing.

DL30 was the first ROM to be leaked (for the Fascinate) that was Android 2.2 (Froyo) where the Fascinate was shipped with 2.1 (?clair). DL30 did not come with it's own modem/radio so users were left to use the radio from DL09.. DL30 has/had its share of bugs and issues that created problems for users.. EB01 has fewer bugs but still has issues...

I personally prefer a slimmed down version of EB01 (Superclean 2.2 from Adrynalyne). There are other ROMs out there. Try, and if you like keep.. if not .. Shop around until you find what you like. That is what is so very nice about these phones and systems.

Side Note: 2.2 (Froyo) Has been "promised" since November/December of 2010 and eagerly awaited... sometimes strongly protested when said "promises were" unfulfilled.

Both came with a kernel included in the ROM. As soon as Samsung releases the source code to the developers there should be a slew of new kernels out there to try.. increasing speed, adding boot animations and extending battery life...

Hope that answers your questions.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
When installing a theme via CWM, is it necessary to wipe data and clear cache? I can see how that would be safest but since a theme doesn't change the underlying stuff, perhaps it is not necessary?

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Can you load multiple EB01 themes at once - such as

EB01 Super Dark v1 - New Stuffs

and

EB01 Accurate Battery Options - Chris3D

Or are these meant to be run separate?

And then if I'm on superclean 2.3 voodoo - could I do...

EB01 Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt

Or would I have to be on the deodexed rom for that to work? Thanks.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Can you load multiple EB01 themes at once - such as

EB01 Super Dark v1 - New Stuffs

and

EB01 Accurate Battery Options - Chris3D

Or are these meant to be run separate?

And then if I'm on superclean 2.3 voodoo - could I do...

EB01 Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt

Or would I have to be on the deodexed rom for that to work? Thanks.

You should be on a deodexed ROM for any or all of these to work. Some features (battery features) will overwrite other (battery). I think if you flash in sequence: Superdark, then battery, Camera.apk, you should get most features of what you want. I have successfully flashed what I wanted all in the same session with not ill effects... I have lost the 5-lockscreen options of SC 2.3 when I flashed a theme.

It may be trial and error until you get what you want.

I know that many developers are adding in these options as they are released.

Voodoo will not affect any of the theme options but will give you boot animations.

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You should be on a deodexed ROM for any or all of these to work. Some features (battery features) will overwrite other (battery). I think if you flash in sequence: Superdark, then battery, Camera.apk, you should get most features of what you want. I have successfully flashed what I wanted all in the same session with not ill effects... I have lost the 5-lockscreen options of SC 2.3 when I flashed a theme.

It may be trial and error until you get what you want.

I know that many developers are adding in these options as they are released.

Voodoo will not affect any of the theme options but will give you boot animations.

Just another note to add on to what JaeKar99 said - I'm still pretty much a noob too in tems of how long I've been rooting and flashing. Seems like you are asking if you can run two themes at the same time. What you are asking can be done, but I don't think you can run super dark and midnight at the same time. Whichever one you flashed last will be your theme.

And JaeKar, I am running a Touch of Blue right now with 2.3 because it has the circular accurate battery mod and the 5 lockscreens included.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I dl'd and installed the 5 lockscreens. They show up in display settings, but when I select one, it keeps returning to puzzle.

Yep, only two that work are the two stock ones, glass and puzzle.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Plain old debloated EB01, no themes, no custom roms

Can't imagine why you would have a problem. you need a deodexed rom to run themes and you are running the debloated/deodexed version so it should work. Let me dl and try running the db/do version with the 5 lockscreen mod and see what happens. Going to take a little while though

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Can't imagine why you would have a problem. you need a deodexed rom to run themes and you are running the debloated/deodexed version so it should work. Let me dl and try running the db/do version with the 5 lockscreen mod and see what happens. Going to take a little while though

Was Adryn's EOB1 release deodexed? Did not think it was, and that might be the problem.

LOL! Gave me a chance to run the backup I did. Interestingly enough, with the lockscreens loaded, my battery color went from blue to teal. After I reloaded the backup, back to blue.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Was and's EOB1 release deodexed? Did not think it was, and that might be the problem.

LOL! Gave me a chance to run the backup I did. Interestingly enough, with the lockscreens loaded, my battery color went from blue to teal. After I reloaded the backup, back to blue.

The original stock EB01 leak was not deodexed. If you flashed the debloated/deodexed version or any of Adrynalyne's superclean versions, they are all deodexed. Adrynalyne did not do anything with EB01 stock, just put it out to us as he got it. And every version since then has had further and deeper customization.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
The original stock EB01 leak was not deodexed. If you flashed the debloated/deodexed version or any of Adrynalyne's superclean versions, they are all deodexed. Adrynalyne did not do anything with EB01 stock, just put it out to us as he got it. And every version since then has had further and deeper customization.

Then that is the problem. May need to fix the comment in the first post to reflect the fact that this EOB1 add-on needs deodexed. No mention of that was made so I dl'd it and installed. Glad I could pass something on to others!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Then that is the problem. May need to fix the comment in the first post to reflect the fact that this EOB1 add-on needs deodexed. No mention of that was made so I dl'd it and installed. Glad I could pass something on to others!

Check the fist post of this thread again. Right at the top in BIG red letters. :p

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Check the fist post of this thread again. Right at the top in BIG red letters. :p

Right, it says that EB01 leak is not deodexed. Nothing about the 5 lockscreesn needing to be on a deodexed rom. I did not take an add on as being a theme. My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.