[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Right, it says that EB01 leak is not deodexed. Nothing about the 5 lockscreesn needing to be on a deodexed rom. I did not take an add on as being a theme. My bad!

No problem. It takes a while to get all this lingo down - radio, modem, kernel, rom, etc. Now you've got DroidXcon throwing around .bin files and Winrrar, and a lot of it is still greek to me. I'll send a PM to JaeKar and see if he can add in the word add-on's to his warning.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
No problem. It takes a while to get all this lingo down - radio, modem, kernel, rom, etc. Now you've got DroidXcon throwing around .bin files and Winrrar, and a lot of it is still greek to me. I'll send a PM to JaeKar and see if he can add in the word add-on's to his warning.

I will be updating through most of today.. Will update that first.

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
WARNING!

A warnng to anyone who downloaded the A Touch of Blue theme between the time he added the sbrissen 5 lockscreen mod and late this afternoon, DO NOT try to use the epic lockscreen it will put your phone in a force close loop of hell. Bendbowden fixed the issue and confirmed the epic lockscreen now works. So if you downloaded Touch of Blue between yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, you are going to need to replace the theme before you try to use the epic lockscreen.

JaeKar I'm going to PM you but if you see this before I PM you could you make a notation in post #1? Thanks.

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
A warnng to anyone who downloaded the A Touch of Blue theme between the time he added the sbrissen 5 lockscreen mod and late this afternoon, DO NOT try to use the epic lockscreen it will put your phone in a force close loop of hell. Bendbowden fixed the issue and confirmed the epic lockscreen now works. So if you downloaded Touch of Blue between yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, you are going to need to replace the theme before you try to use the epic lockscreen.

JaeKar I'm going to PM you but if you see this before I PM you could you make a notation in post #1? Thanks.

Put an update on post #2. Thanks. I didn't even see that develop.

Thank you sir! You are a fantastic spotter!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Loaded Superclean 2.4 nv, now I have the 5 lockscreens!

Yup it was included in SC 2.3..

Be aware that if you flash a theme without the 5 lockscreens included it will over write that option with with the lockscreen(s) that are packaged with the theme.

Flashing some battery mods will do the same.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, I have the Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod on my fascinate. Debloated it myself via Titanium backup freezing.

Im assuming i need the deodexed version of EB01 if i want to install one of these themes, correct?

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, I have the Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod on my fascinate. Debloated it myself via Titanium backup freezing.

Im assuming i need the deodexed version of EB01 if i want to install one of these themes, correct?

NVM i didn't read the big bold red note at the first post of the sticky. FAIL

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Several of the theme previews show some terrific wallpaper that is not actually part of the theme. Any tips on where to find these?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Several of the theme previews show some terrific wallpaper that is not actually part of the theme. Any tips on where to find these?

Some of the developers will post the wallpaper on the original post page, with an option to download. I include a link to that page in the developer name.. If they do not include the wallpaper (or a link) I may be able to chase it down.

Reactions: BigSwoe

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am going to put a touch of blue for my theme, I am way excited! But if I wanted to return to the stock "theme" would I have to reflash the original ROM or is there a theme to flash back to stock?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am going to put a touch of blue for my theme, I am way excited! But if I wanted to return to the stock "theme" would I have to reflash the original ROM or is there a theme to flash back to stock?

You can flash the base ROM on top without wiping the phone (do clear the cache), and that will work also... only if you are using the same base ROM...

Another way to return to stock is to back up your current rom, flash what you want and if you don't like it just use the back up to return to where you were. This will take more time and will take you back in time. I use this method if I have flashed some extra mods battery mod, clock removal, charge notifications, etc.. and you are getting some compatibility issues - forced closes.

There are no 'stock' themes out there just some close approximations.

Reactions: willenium_1217

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You can flash the base ROM on top without wiping the phone (do clear the cache), and that will work also... only if you are using the same base ROM...

Another way to return to stock is to back up your current rom, flash what you want and if you don't like it just use the back up to return to where you were. This will take more time and will take you back in time. I use this method if I have flashed some extra mods battery mod, clock removal, charge notifications, etc.. and you are getting some compatibility issues - forced closes.

There are no 'stock' themes out there just some close approximations.

Got it. Thanks. Makes sense. Thanks for your help!

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I've found that if you unzip the theme file you will be able to see what files were changed by the theme. All The files that where changed by theme are located inside the system folder. You can replace these files with stock ones copied from a stock version of your rom and then re-zip the theme folder, flash, and you'll be back to stock. Hope this makes since and helps

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
cfost 88 updated Blackish Storm theme, but didn't include the 5 lockscreens :'(

EDIT- UPDATE - cfost88 posted in his thread he is working on the 5 lockscreens and should have it done sometime tonight

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
cfost 88 updated Blackish Storm theme, but didn't include the 5 lockscreens :'(

EDIT- UPDATE - cfost88 posted in his thread he is working on the 5 lockscreens and should have it done sometime tonight

Yeah, When I was updating (and preparing to download&flash), the AC posting I looked closely at the zip and took note of two things: the theme didn't have the 5-locks and that he updated his post dated "2/17/11".... tomorrow. Figured he was planning ahead - I updated the AC posting with his date.. ;)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So he's just playing head games with us then.

EDIT - I was periodically checking his post tonight and that update on 2/17/11 was there well before he replied to my post adding my name to the list of people asking him to include the 5 lock screens

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So he's just playing head games with us then.

I think he, and the other theme developers, are working overtime an a few things are getting missed. Transparent Myst v7 had some issues - hopeful corrected, Touch of Blue - on the 14th, AOSP White is on v8 with continued updates and fixes..

I think these guys are going balls out and trying to keep the fans happy and may miss a few things.

I don't think he is playing head games... I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.