[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
im running it now its absolutly beautiful on medium it has a glitchy upper bar like its scrolling over but im running it big and at 80 to 85 fps its very smooth there a lil blurry but im sure not easy to make nice and sharp looks great so far thanks

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
im running it now its absolutly beautiful on medium it has a glitchy upper bar like its scrolling over but im running it big and at 80 to 85 fps its very smooth there a lil blurry but im sure not easy to make nice and sharp looks great so far thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to get the highest def version of this boot animation.. that is likely the best it is going to be. This is the boot animation for the Moto Xoom.. I pulled a copy of the original of the internet and will try a couple of run throughs. [FYI: The live wallpaper you requested and I produced is available in the Market from free to -> $1.25 - same version you have]

There is an option to adapt any boot animation (or shutdown animation - in png format) to a live wallpaper. - I will keep making a few examples and when I have a good handle on the software I will teach everyone how to use it.. It is not scary hard to use, just finicky and takes some patience.

Thanks again man!

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My market is trying to update Pandora and facebook, but they won't install. Is it because I have them apps themed with nitro honeycomb?

sent from my super clean 2.9.1 voodoo fascinate

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My market is trying to update Pandora and facebook, but they won't install. Is it because I have them apps themed with nitro honeycomb?

Unlikely due to being themed. Go to Settings> Applications>Manage Applications> All (scroll down to Market)>Select Market and clear data and if there is a cache clear it.. (try to update again) - If you still have issues you can go back under Applications and market and uninstall updates and try again..

There have been times where a simple reboot of the phone clears the offending issue and my apps update.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Live Wallpaper from Boot Animations

I have been toying around with some software I discovered and found that a Live Wallpaper can be produced from a boot animation file.. it is fun once you figure how to appease the software..

Thanks to T3CH9ICIAN for the help with the beta release of the Xoom boot.. not the best definition. - Still in progress.

Here is my first real release - Kanged Blue Particles (higher def) Link

Install like a standard apk file - copy to sdcard, go through file manager of your choice - install. Look under (soft) Menu>Wallpaper>Live Wallpapers..

Set your size settings to "Big" and then adjust your frame speed to your liking... enjoy.

End Goal: Teach everyone to do this...

Reactions: T3CH9ICIAN

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Unlikely due to being themed. Go to Settings> Applications>Manage Applicatoins> All (scroll down to Market)>Select Market and clear data and if there is a cache clear it.. (try to update again) - If you still have issues you can go back under Applications and market and uninstall updates and try again..

There have been times where a simple reboot of the phone clears the offending issue and my apps update.

Well, in the OP for the Nitro Honeycomb theme, nitroglycerine33 said if you have any of the stock apps for the ones that are themed, you should uninstall them before flashing the theme. So sounds like maybe this could be the case since you have the themed apps and not the stock apps? Not sure.

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ur welcome thanks for the help wit it I'm running good at 60fps little bit of lag sliding screen to screen but not bad again thanks is the latest link the same yet higher def ? can I dl direct to my phone ?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ur welcome thanks for the help wit it I'm running good at 60fps little bit of lag sliding screen to screen but not bad again thanks is the latest link the same yet higher def ? can I dl direct to my phone ?

Not the same. Totally different video sequence. It is higher def wallpaper - (It is the Wallpaper version the Andriod Particles Blue) boot animation. Still looking for a very high def version of the purple honeycomb.

If you use a browser you should be able to download to your phone and install like any other apk.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, in the OP for the Nitro Honeycomb theme, nitroglycerine33 said if you have any of the stock apps for the ones that are themed, you should uninstall them before flashing the theme. So sounds like maybe this could be the case since you have the themed apps and not the stock apps? Not sure.

Good catch Landshark.. I was using NitroHoneycomb without the apps and had issues with the market not updating any of my installed apps.. would force close after opening. I was able to fix permissions and uninstall updates that resolved that issue. Guess I was not sure what direction to go with it.

I would guess that an uninstall of the market apps and reinstall would be in order.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
this is the lockscreen in motion at 60 fps

Looks pretty good. I know what you mean by blurry.. When I ran it it was doing the same thing.. The png images were adjusted in size to be a great boot animation.. I have the original Xoom boot which is broader but has the same definition... May still appear blurry at higher frame rates.. I will compile it this afternoon and see what it looks like.

Last edited:

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This is as good as it will get. Smaller memory footprint - 25% reduced. Resolution is as sharp as I can get it until I dig into the png files... Let me know which version runs better for you.

Here is version four.. Link

Enjoy

the first one purple honeycomb 3 is very smooth and fluid were as the kangled electric purple 4 has like a pop effect as the combs disperse which looks great also! the quality and definition is very minimal difference to my eyes i am running kangled at a much lower speed of 30fps compared to purple 3 at 60 fps to calm the pop effect out a bit it still is smooth and nice personally i prefer the fluid feel of the purple 3 to the popping feel of kangled 4 but both are awesome and quality is great if the fluidity of the purple 3 was on the quality of the kangled 4 that would b were its at looking smooth as silk but running wise they both are running great smooth images as my wallpapers they were about equal for everything running with them such as the contacts list with the transparent backround the wallpaper moved well and the scroll was really fluid with both but alil less lag on kangled 4 awesome work put it glad to check em out for sure gonna keep running purple 3 for now any more u want to have me look at let me know i enjoy giving an opinion and if u looking for something else in the way of an opinion let me know what u wanna know or look for

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
the first one purple honeycomb 3 is very smooth and fluid were as the kangled electric purple 4 has like a pop effect as the combs disperse which looks great also! the quality and definition is very minimal difference to my eyes i am running kangled at a much lower speed of 30fps compared to purple 3 at 60 fps to calm the pop effect out a bit it still is smooth and nice personally i prefer the fluid feel of the purple 3 to the popping feel of kangled 4 but both are awesome and quality is great if the fluidity of the purple 3 was on the quality of the kangled 4 that would b were its at looking smooth as silk but running wise they both are running great smooth images as my wallpapers they were about equal for everything running with them such as the contacts list with the transparent backround the wallpaper moved well and the scroll was really fluid with both but alil less lag on kangled 4 awesome work put it glad to check em out for sure gonna keep running purple 3 for now any more u want to have me look at let me know i enjoy giving an opinion and if u looking for something else in the way of an opinion let me know what u wanna know or look for

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I helps. I need those extra eyes to see things from a different perspective.

I built them for you and anyone else who wants to try them out. I will absolutely keep you in mind as I develop apps, animations, and themes.

J

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Plans are in the works to combine the more 'helpful' threads into one main (super) thread.. That would then be sticked. - I will keep updating and revising this thread until it is time to assemble...

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the NexTheme with SC 2.9.1 and it's working flawlessly. The transitions are very nice, and it's very fast. Overall, I love it.

Noob question. Say I want to flash another theme while I'm already running the NexTheme....do I have to revert back or just flash the new theme over the NexTheme?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been running the NexTheme with SC 2.9.1 and it's working flawlessly. The transitions are very nice, and it's very fast. Overall, I love it.

Noob question. Say I want to flash another theme while I'm already running the NexTheme....do I have to revert back or just flash the new theme over the NexTheme?

If you have only flashed that theme over the base 2.9.1 you should just clear your Dalvik cache and your cache partition before flashing the next theme.. If you see residual elements of the NexTheme you can reboot and it should resolve. If not you can flash the theme again.

cfost88 makes great themes.. I don't foresee a problem. But just in case:

If you get stuck in a boot animaiton loop be ready to reflash your base ROM (keep a copy on your sdcard)... if you backed up your base ROM you can restore that if you get stuck.

Reactions: stilltipin87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463