Mounting Issues with Debugging on PC - help!

missaye

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't really see anyone mentioning the same issue. Every time I try to connect my phone to my pc (while debbuging is enabled), my pc won't recognize it. I get the mount screen, click ok, but still nothing shows up. I've attempted a few time with debugging enabled and disabled. My computer is able to recognize the phone perfectly without debugging enabled, but can't with it enabled. Any ideas on how to fix this? I was hoping to update the phone, but this is making it extremely difficult. I'm still running DL01. /:

Thanks in advance.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't really see anyone mentioning the same issue. Every time I try to connect my phone to my pc (while debbuging is enabled), my pc won't recognize it. I get the mount screen, click ok, but still nothing shows up. I've attempted a few time with debugging enabled and disabled. My computer is able to recognize the phone perfectly without debugging enabled, but can't with it enabled. Any ideas on how to fix this? I was hoping to update the phone, but this is making it extremely difficult. I'm still running DL01. /:

Thanks in advance.

Use the odin method to get to DL09. You won't need USB debugging at all. Then flash DL30 via CWM.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

dl09 or di01?

either way there is like 30 threads on this. basicly the only fix is to root and flash adrys test 5 kernel.

missaye

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I tried running Odin, but I never get the connection (box never turns yellow). I know there are posts on how to install the updates (i'm running Di01 - typo, my bad), but they don't seem to do me any good since my computer doesn't seem to recognize any connection to the phone.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried running Odin, but I never get the connection (box never turns yellow). I know there are posts on how to install the updates (i'm running Di01 - typo, my bad), but they don't seem to do me any good since my computer doesn't seem to recognize any connection to the phone.
Sounds like a driver issue to me. Try reinstalling your drivers. If that doesn't work changeing usb ports.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Odin is really finiky about its connection, it could be your computer....

from being on here and enough stories here are things that effect Odin

Laptops> Laptops are designed to change voltage to conserve when it can so if you are going to use a laptop for odin you need to make sure that it is plugged in and you are not running any other processes.. they are pretty bad for flashing odin

Anti-virus> for some reason it interupts your usb connections, i dont know why i could even be wrong but many cases i have walked through disabling anti-virus will ensure you wont get hung up in the middle of a flash

Remote ports> internal remote ports(USB in front of PC), monitor ports, hubs . are all very bad for trying to connect to Odin since they are usually connected by a long cord there is a signal drop and you will either lose connection to odin in the middle of a process or not be able to connect at all.

Manufacturer specific USB cable> different manufactures Ground their cables differently resulting in not so great results when not using manufacturer USB cable

After market USB Cable> length is also a problem, when using after market USB cables make them short as possible ,,, Also grounding problem can be seen in generic cables as they are not samsung specific

USB ports> there are powered and non powered USB ports so this will effect the load voltage... for me non powered work the best as it gives a steady signal sometimes you will need to use the battery in but this is rare and i dont recommend it... alot of people get hung up in the middle when having the battery in and also after you boot back up it trys to load the phone and in some cases this is less then helpful.

Drivers> obviously its been seen time and time again that not having the proper samsung drivers can cause you a headache

IDEAL SITUATION>Using Ports in the back of the desktop computer closest to the board with the manufacturers cable.......reason desktop is best because the voltage is regulated and steady unlike a laptop that does not have a huge powersupply....using ports in the back are usually connected to the motherboard there for there is less signal drop providing ideal connection. but even then a bad solder joint could cause a bad connection so try different ports.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded the most recent drivers, using the usb cord that came with my phone and for some reason my computer doesn't recognize my phone ...I turned usb debugging on/off, tried removing sd card, different computers, different usb ports/cords ...I've transfered files from/to my computer before the same way no problem but it's not working anymore ...my friend came over and we plug his epic 4g and it does the same thing ..I believe the notification bar used to say mount/unmount but now it says select to copy files to/from computer ..I get the android guy and the connect usb storage option but the device doesn't show up under my computer when I select it ...I get usb device not recognized on my computer ..any suggestions? I'm running win XP 32bit

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded the most recent drivers, using the usb cord that came with my phone and for some reason my computer doesn't recognize my phone ...I turned usb debugging on/off, tried removing sd card, different computers, different usb ports/cords ...I've transfered files from/to my computer before the same way no problem but it's not working anymore ...my friend came over and we plug his epic 4g and it does the same thing ..I believe the notification bar used to say mount/unmount but now it says select to copy files to/from computer ..I get the android guy and the connect usb storage option but the device doesn't show up under my computer when I select it ...I get usb device not recognized on my computer ..any suggestions? I'm running win XP 32bit

Exactly same problem I have. Used to be good on connection but after I flashed Commrom, wasn't able to. I tried on my WinXP and Win7, no luck. Now I can't go back to stock. :-(

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have found that after flashing some ROMs/kernels my computer doesn't like to find and install the device drivers properly. If you put your phone in recovery mode, then connect it to USB cord, the computer tends to find it there. Once it's installed properly, you should be fine while the phone is running.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have found that after flashing some ROMs/kernels my computer doesn't like to find and install the device drivers properly. If you put your phone in recovery mode, then connect it to USB cord, the computer tends to find it there. Once it's installed properly, you should be fine while the phone is running.

Another tip is to make sure that your USB connection on your phone is set to 'Ask on connection' which is under Settings->USB settings. Seems to work better that way.

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I tried and found that soon as plug it, it just freeze in recovery mode. Only hoping that someone will figure this one out for newbies. :)

I just need to get likned with computer, so I can use ODIN to stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer