03-03-2011 11:28 AM
32 12
tools
    Been running Super Clean .8 for a few days now, but the leaked version has the same features Im gonna list. This isn't a complete list, just some things I've noticed so far.

1 - Horizontal Phone Dialer / Contacts. I use my car dock a lot, and I think just about every car dock app sucks. So I just have one of my screens customized with widgets and shortcuts that are useful in the car. Now that the dialer app goes horizontal, it makes browsing for contacts much easier.

2 - Bluetooth Connects (NOT JUST PAIRS) with my Kenwood. This was kinda annoying. Before, it would sometimes pair automatically and I could listen to music over BT, but I had to manually connect it to use the phone feature through my stereo. I didn't know if this was a flaw of my phone, or my kenwood. Well after flashing Froyo, my phone automagically connects when I turn my car on. It does take a minute, but it does. I love it. I don't need to have my BT settings shortcut on my Car screen.

3 - No More Airplane Mode Toggle on the Pull Down Who's brilliant idea was this? Seriously? I don't know how many times I would "accidentally" turn on airplane mode without noticing. Who needs to toggle this, THIS often? Not the general population, I'm sure. Which is why its gone. Thank goodness.

More to come as I play with it!

What are yours?
    02-03-2011 01:41 PM
    -The new GMail client
    -I can now install and use Skype (the real Skype app)
    -The new multitouch - pinch to zoom is much faster, you can zoom and pan at the same time, and in Google Maps, you can pivot the maps by twisting two fingers.
    -Built-in screen shots (back soft-key plus power button)
    02-03-2011 02:04 PM
    I like the new GMail client and Copy Paste. I also like that now I'm not the only one of my friends without froyo. I'm surrounded by EVO users!
    02-03-2011 02:23 PM
    Ahh yes, the copy/paste is great. FINALLY. geesh, I feel like a 3G owner all over again when I got this phone.

I can't seem to get the screen snap function to work. Help?
    02-03-2011 02:27 PM
    How about sync'd contact pics in FB showing up in full res, instead of the blurry badly scaled version we're used to?

Me likey!
    02-03-2011 02:31 PM
    Saving apps to sd card.
    02-03-2011 02:34 PM
    How about sync'd contact pics in FB showing up in full res, instead of the blurry badly scaled version we're used to?

Me likey!
    Oh cool! I'm running Super Clean so its not syncing with FB. I had to use Syncmypix, which works fantastic.

Any changes to the FB Status on contacts, say, when they call? Before you'd see about 10 characters then nothing. Totally useless, IMO
    02-03-2011 02:34 PM
    If you check Adryn's xda thread, he's got an SNS/FB/TW package that you can now flash over SuperClean, it adds the ability to put FB and other SNS accounts in for syncing.

Works great -that's all could ever ask for! A SuperClean ROM with FB sync and SNS capabilities added back in.
    02-03-2011 02:45 PM
    and Copy Paste.
    Oh yea, forgot about that. That and the new selector thing are great - no more pecking to try to place the cursor in between two letters.

And the subtle tweaks to the UI are nice as well.
    02-03-2011 02:46 PM

1 - Horizontal Phone Dialer / Contacts. I use my car dock a lot, and I think just about every car dock app sucks. So I just have one of my screens customized with widgets and shortcuts that are useful in the car. Now that the dialer app goes horizontal, it makes browsing for contacts much easier.
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? By "dialer app" do you mean the regular phone application? Mine still stays in portrait mode when I turn the phone to landscape.
    02-03-2011 03:17 PM
    Crazy fast... at least adrynalyne's ROMs are.
    02-03-2011 03:26 PM
    Saving apps to sd card.
    Noticed that, may have to do it. I've been playing with fonts right now.
    02-03-2011 03:29 PM
    Can you elaborate on this a bit? By "dialer app" do you mean the regular phone application? Mine still stays in portrait mode when I turn the phone to landscape.
    Run the Car Dock app and see what happens!
    jack22182 likes this.
    02-03-2011 03:35 PM
    Oh, it only seems to work when its on my car dock, which is when I need it most. I'm not sure about my desk dock though, haven't tried it.
    jack22182 likes this.
    02-03-2011 05:39 PM
    My wireless is working a lot better now. When my phone idled for 1 hour or more it would stop working on my home's WiFi, I would have to turn the wireless off and back on for it to regain a signal to my WiFi, now it works like a champ.

I also of course love the eye candy and having native flash. It seems to be a bit snappier on the stock kernel, I can't wait for the good modified kernels to come out. Voodoo?
    02-03-2011 05:42 PM
    Are there now more language options available for TTS? ...besides just US English and Spanish?

Sent from Verizon Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk
    02-03-2011 05:52 PM
    Good:
    -Flash
    -Greatly improved gps
    -Higher Google navigation volume
    -Being able to run 2.2 apps

Bad:
    -Battery life may be lower
    -Does anyone else seem to think that the caching inactive programs to RAM may not be working correctly?

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    02-03-2011 05:54 PM
    How about the new email client (not gmail) that now shows how many emails you've received since you last checked. Of course that would be a much more appreciated feature if I could actually see the body of the emails instead of "Unable to load message. Message too long"

Edit:
    Oh sweet, it does it for text messages too!!
    02-03-2011 06:04 PM
    I tried out the camera app tonight and I really like the pinch zoom and the review thumb nail photo.
    02-03-2011 08:40 PM
    Yes I know it's tiny, but how about the fact you can now touch and hold the notification bar, then slide left/right for brightness?
    In the stock browser you can now touch and hold (longer than normal I think) and it give you the ability to highlight text on the page!
    Hmm, what else. New pull down menu rocks my face!
    Hadn't noticed stuff on the camera, but i'm on it now! Sweet.
    Fonts are cool! Wish there was a less cartoony one though.
    New text selector is great too.

The droid X is officially junk by comparison. I should know, I look at one all day at work.
    Ytaay, Cory Streater and NOsquid like this.
    02-03-2011 10:11 PM
    Oh, it only seems to work when its on my car dock, which is when I need it most. I'm not sure about my desk dock though, haven't tried it.
    Gotcha, thanks. I don't have a real car dock. I have a generic grippy thing. I might have to consider a real car dock now that they have the audio jack working right.
    02-03-2011 10:24 PM
    Run the Car Dock app and see what happens!
    Which Car Dock app should I be looking at? The "Car Cradle" stock app is mostly crippled now that it can't find VZNav or Bing Maps. Do you mean Car Dock from the Market?
    02-03-2011 10:37 PM
    Which Car Dock app should I be looking at? The "Car Cradle" stock app is mostly crippled now that it can't find VZNav or Bing Maps. Do you mean Car Dock from the Market?
    I'm running Adryn's 1.0 SuperClean, which has a modified Car Cradle app that uses all the good googly goodness instead of the stock stuff. Not sure about the OEM version, I never really messed with that one once Adryn posted the files to flash back in the FB sync and SNS stuff I needed.
    jack22182 likes this.
    02-03-2011 11:00 PM
    I'm running Adryn's 1.0 SuperClean, which has a modified Car Cradle app that uses all the good googly goodness instead of the stock stuff. Not sure about the OEM version, I never really messed with that one once Adryn posted the files to flash back in the FB sync and SNS stuff I needed.
    Understood and thanks!
    02-03-2011 11:14 PM
    -I can now install and use Skype (the real Skype app)
    +1!

The Skype for Verizon app was kind of pointless.
    02-03-2011 11:56 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD