Any word on a fix for the wireless tether snooping that was placed on the DL30 update. I know there were alot of people like myself who really took advantage of this feature and many it was the main reason they rooted. Any info word be great and thanks again to all the experts for helping out the common folk.
    02-03-2011 05:30 PM
    I have been trying to find answers about this also and know nothing more. The first post I read about concerning this issue was on XDA forums on the first day of the leaked froyo. This post did not reveal any real details and nothing has been posted since but questions.
    02-05-2011 07:49 AM
    The 'tattle ware' is kernel based and until the developers pull the offending items from the code or source code is released, giving the developers the resource to write their own kernel we must be patient.... or revert back to DL09.

I have seen traffic that both jt and punk.kaos have been working on kernels for this build.

Patience is a valued trait in this kind of waiting game.
    motoprof and cdil1 like this.
    02-05-2011 08:59 AM
    The 'tattle ware' is kernel based and until the developers pull the offending items from the code or source code is released, giving the developers the resource to write their own kernel we must be patient.... or revert back to DL09.

I have seen traffic that both jt and punk.kaos have been working on kernels for this build.

Patience is a valued trait in this kind of waiting game.
    Thanks for the info, ill wait it out for now, ive waited for froyo this long so im used to waiting as a fascinate owner.
    02-06-2011 04:12 PM
    They are onto us :/
    02-06-2011 04:25 PM
    It was only a matter of time before something like this popped up. Can't say I'm surprised =\
    02-06-2011 04:34 PM
    I have no problems with wireless tether...
    02-06-2011 07:53 PM
    I have no problems with wireless tether...
    It doesn't hinder it, it just tracks your usage of it.
    02-06-2011 08:32 PM
    It doesn't hinder it, it just tracks your usage of it.
    So safe to use, just dont abuse? Whats the worst case scenario if I use it, they bill me. Guess ill gamble and try it to see what happens, ill report back if I receive any monetary damages.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-06-2011 08:42 PM
    So safe to use, just dont abuse? Whats the worst case scenario if I use it, they bill me. Guess ill gamble and try it to see what happens, ill report back if I receive any monetary damages.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    That'd be my guess. Verizon could cash in on it if they wanted, so I guess at this point it's use at your own risk.
    02-06-2011 08:43 PM
    [MOD] VZW 3g hotspot app for froyo leak - xda-developers

have not tried this, if you do let us know if it works.
    ckrenek23 likes this.
    02-06-2011 08:47 PM
    [MOD] VZW 3g hotspot app for froyo leak - xda-developers

have not tried this, if you do let us know if it works.

checked out the thread, seems a littl eabove my technological skills but all are reporting no being billed as of yet, guess ill keep the usage at a minimum until we can get further confirmation on this. Thanks for the info.
    02-26-2011 11:03 AM