DL30 and Wireless Tether

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Any word on a fix for the wireless tether snooping that was placed on the DL30 update. I know there were alot of people like myself who really took advantage of this feature and many it was the main reason they rooted. Any info word be great and thanks again to all the experts for helping out the common folk.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to find answers about this also and know nothing more. The first post I read about concerning this issue was on XDA forums on the first day of the leaked froyo. This post did not reveal any real details and nothing has been posted since but questions.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
The 'tattle ware' is kernel based and until the developers pull the offending items from the code or source code is released, giving the developers the resource to write their own kernel we must be patient.... or revert back to DL09.

I have seen traffic that both jt and punk.kaos have been working on kernels for this build.

Patience is a valued trait in this kind of waiting game.

Reactions: cdil1 and motoprof

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The 'tattle ware' is kernel based and until the developers pull the offending items from the code or source code is released, giving the developers the resource to write their own kernel we must be patient.... or revert back to DL09.

I have seen traffic that both jt and punk.kaos have been working on kernels for this build.

Patience is a valued trait in this kind of waiting game.

Thanks for the info, ill wait it out for now, ive waited for froyo this long so im used to waiting as a fascinate owner.

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't hinder it, it just tracks your usage of it.

So safe to use, just dont abuse? Whats the worst case scenario if I use it, they bill me. Guess ill gamble and try it to see what happens, ill report back if I receive any monetary damages.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So safe to use, just dont abuse? Whats the worst case scenario if I use it, they bill me. Guess ill gamble and try it to see what happens, ill report back if I receive any monetary damages.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That'd be my guess. Verizon could cash in on it if they wanted, so I guess at this point it's use at your own risk.