Brickt like a pro. Mike would be proud.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed my back ups were really large (800-900mb) after I flashed DL30 without any cache clearing or data reset. Decided to wipe/format and see if my back ups got fixed. So I formated, wiped cache, wiped dalvik, booted to a black screen. Haptic feedback and everything seem to be working according to what i'm doing, but the screen just displays nothing.

I'm gonna start flashing back to stock to rebuild right now, but anyone who has some light to shine on this should feel free to chime in.

Things i've done to fix in no particular order:
Loaded DL09 modem
Restored nandroid
Fixed permissions
reflashed DL30 w/ new CWM

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Does your download screen show up when connected to Odin? I had two phones (displays) go out in the first 30 days for unknown reasons.

joe007

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
While flashing to Dl30 I too had no display, just the samsung (white on black).

Are you by chance coming from a voodoo kernel? I did not completely remove voodoo and that is while I feel I was in the dark...

Like JaeKar99 said, can you load DL12 from Odin?

Grab on of the Dl30 update.zip files?

I think my problem was the the voodoo update.zip and voodoo kernel.
Try a reload of a non voodoo kernel.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
if you dont wipe your cache its just gonna keep getting bigger and bigger. theres a reason its always reccomended to data and cache wipe. you could probabley get away with wiping everything and flashing a new dl30 rom, but hey its always fun to flash to stock.

and yes sheepy im proud. :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
if you dont wipe your cache its just gonna keep getting bigger and bigger. theres a reason its always reccomended to data and cache wipe. you could probabley get away with wiping everything and flashing a new dl30 rom, but hey its always fun to flash to stock.

and yes sheepy im proud. :p

Thanks mike. And I was just trying to factory reset my DL30, didn't do anything weird first, was just running a DL30 with a theme (midninght)

And yes I got everything back up and running, used the stock package for DL09 with odin and I'm off to the races again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad