Titanium backup help

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and purchased titanium backup pro.

how do I use it?

I open the main screen, and clickbackup/restore
then I have a list of all my apps, all say no back up yet. If I click menu, a list of options come up, legend, batch, filters, preferences, refresh apps list, more.

I think I remember reading something somewhere that batch means it will backup all at once.

I just don't want to screw up my phone....especially where its not backed up yet.

any help is greatly appreciated.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

how do I use it?

then I have a list of all my apps, all say no back up yet. If I click menu, a list of options come up, legend, batch, filters, preferences, refresh apps list, more.

I think I remember reading something somewhere that batch means it will backup all at once.

I just don't want to screw up my phone....especially where its not backed up yet.

you wont screw up anything up, even if you do its no biggie. the batch will do everything at once. before you do that make sure you hit the fix problems button alnd let it download a new version of busybox. remember this will only back up your apps and data. it wont fix a screwed up phone, it just makes it easier to reinstall your apps and get some of the app data back after a data and cache wipe or new rom install.

Reactions: putney1477

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Titanium Backups interface has always confused the hell out of me; which probably explains why I've never completed a successful restore without some sort of side affect.

Mike, you should shoot a training video and teach us! :)

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

how do I use it?

Since no one told you how to proceed I will LOL. Do what mike said and download busy box by clicking the "problems?" button on the main page first. Then you want Batch>backup all apps + data. You can use the various types of batch operations to fix things, get rid of back ups you dont need, stuff like that. Just beware of the "uninstall all apps", "freeze all apps", and stuff like that. If you uninstall/fiddle with certain apps it can cause systems instability. Don't be afraid to use the back up and restore options in there though. Can't really do any damage with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze