09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Final question I swear. When I flash a theme like aosp lock screen, can I uninstall it somehow or how does that work!?
    And the verdict is...........DroidXcon was correct. Even though you download the themes to your sd card, once you flash them they are applied to your phone.

Unmounted sd card, pulled it from the phone ==> theme still there
    put sd card back in, deleted theme from sd card ==> theme still there
    rebooted ==> theme still there
    wiped cache/dalvik ==> theme still there

Looks like the only way to get rid of a theme completely from your phone is through ODIN. Of course if you just don't want the theme showing I would imagine you could go into cwm, wipe data/cache, and flash everything but the theme. At least we have an answer now.
    willenium_1217 likes this.
    02-11-2011 12:12 PM
    And the verdict is...........DroidXcon was correct. Even though you download the themes to your sd card, once you flash them they are applied to your phone.

Looks like the only way to get rid of a theme completely from your phone is through ODIN. Of course if you just don't want the theme showing I would imagine you could go into cwm, wipe data/cache, and flash everything but the theme. At least we have an answer now.
    Awesome work Shark... Since I have been coming here for about a week now and just reading forum after forum I have learned so much from all of you. Earlier I saw a post about feeling so much love in the thread he concluded with thats why androidcentral is the best out there... and i belive it.

Kudos to all involved again! I havent even strated on my phone but feel very confident... so here we go... check back in lil bit... fingers crossed!
    DroidXcon and willenium_1217 like this.
    02-11-2011 12:21 PM
    Awesome work Shark... Since I have been coming here for about a week now and just reading forum after forum I have learned so much from all of you. Earlier I saw a post about feeling so much love in the thread he concluded with thats why androidcentral is the best out there... and i belive it.

Kudos to all involved again! I havent even strated on my phone but feel very confident... so here we go... check back in lil bit... fingers crossed!
    Good luck. Just take your time and follow the instructions exactly. Any questions, just find the appropriate thread and post. No shortage of people here willing to help
    02-11-2011 12:26 PM
    worked great for me! Thanks a lot!
    02-11-2011 12:28 PM

OK, can I switch the theme? For example, if I get two different ones and flash them, is the one I most recently flashed the only one I can pick? I guess it would be nice to have this option to go back and forth from one to another or back to a stock theme. Thanks for all you hard work too!
    02-11-2011 01:01 PM
    OK, can I switch the theme? For example, if I get two different ones and flash them, is the one I most recently flashed the only one I can pick? I guess it would be nice to have this option to go back and forth from one to another or back to a stock theme. Thanks for all you hard work too!
    you can keep as many themes on your sd card as you want. to switch between themes, just reboot into recovery, apply update.zip, install the different theme, and reboot. No need to do any wiping of data or caches when switching between themes
    02-11-2011 01:09 PM
    ever since i put superclean 2.1 on my phone, when the screen turns off for a long period of time the phone goes completely unresponsive.... i can take out the battery and put it back in and the phone boots up and acts like it should until the screen times out again for a long period of time... i have had to put battery in and out about 6x just this morning and is a real inconvenience in class when i gotta sneakily take out the battery lol.... but also ever since i flashed 2.1 i cant seem to get red cwm to work every time i boot into recovery it comes up as stock android recovery. i have even moved the update.zip file to the cwm folder and renamed it recovery-update.zip and renamed the old recoery-update file update.zip and removed it from the folder... is any one else having either of these problems
    02-11-2011 01:16 PM
    ever since i put superclean 2.1 on my phone, when the screen turns off for a long period of time the phone goes completely unresponsive.... i can take out the battery and put it back in and the phone boots up and acts like it should until the screen times out again for a long period of time... i have had to put battery in and out about 6x just this morning and is a real inconvenience in class when i gotta sneakily take out the battery lol.... but also ever since i flashed 2.1 i cant seem to get red cwm to work every time i boot into recovery it comes up as stock android recovery. i have even moved the update.zip file to the cwm folder and renamed it recovery-update.zip and renamed the old recoery-update file update.zip and removed it from the folder... is any one else having either of these problems
    ill flash it again and see what type of results again
    02-11-2011 01:22 PM
    unresponsive meaning you hit the power button and nothing happens? wow. By stock android recovery are you referring to the blue cwm? If so that is correct. You have to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home button. that will take you into red cwm. don't move the update.zip file to the cwm folder, leave it where it is on the base of your sd card or you will not be able to get into red cwm. for the cwm folder, download another copy of update.zip to that folder, delete the current recovery-update.zip file, then rename the update.zip file recovery-update.
    bubbadogg14 likes this.
    02-11-2011 01:23 PM
    yes when i hit the power button nothing happens and when someone calls nothing happens but my ringback tone plays it doesnt go straight to voicemail so it leads me 2 believe it is on but unresponsive until i do a battery pull... i will give wat u said about the red cwm a try... i did mean the blue cwm....other than this the rom has been absolutely flawless for me so far(also that battery life has been really bad but i'm attributing that 2 having 2 boot my phone up over and over)
    02-11-2011 01:32 PM
    yes when i hit the power button nothing happens and when someone calls nothing happens but my ringback tone plays it doesnt go straight to voicemail so it leads me 2 believe it is on but unresponsive until i do a battery pull... i will give wat u said about the red cwm a try... i did mean the blue cwm....other than this the rom has been absolutely flawless for me so far(also that battery life has been really bad but i'm attributing that 2 having 2 boot my phone up over and over)
    do me a favor, go to your market and see the my downloads section, is it trying to download every app you ever downloaded?
    02-11-2011 01:38 PM
    thats a negative
    02-11-2011 01:53 PM
    thats a negative
    try going into clockwork and wiping cache partition
    bubbadogg14 likes this.
    02-11-2011 01:55 PM
    although now my screen timed out while watching my downloads and phone became immediately unresponsive as opposed to before when the screen had to be off for about 25+ minutes for it 2 go unresponsive
    02-11-2011 01:56 PM
    DriodX thank you for your work I used this methiod this morning and it worked ok when it loaded i went into market and it was trying to load all my apps so I pulled the batt rebooted went into market and instead of going to my apps I just searched TB and installed and re applied my apps that way everything seems to be good flashed a theme and even themed the market. Juat was wondering why it did or if I did something wrong and got lucky saving myself.
    I flashed the SC version through odin package.
    Again Thank You for your work and all the dev for making are phones what they should be and more.
    02-11-2011 02:04 PM
    DriodX thank you for your work I used this methiod this morning and it worked ok when it loaded i went into market and it was trying to load all my apps so I pulled the batt rebooted went into market and instead of going to my apps I just searched TB and installed and re applied my apps that way everything seems to be good flashed a theme and even themed the market. Juat was wondering why it did or if I did something wrong and got lucky saving myself.
    i dont know, maybe i should pull this down till i figure it out , it did the same for me, tried to download every app i ever downloaded so weird
    02-11-2011 02:07 PM
    Easy as pie! with a la froyo! Havent had it running more than 2 mins and I am already loving it!!! Thanks again to EVERYONE!!!!
    02-11-2011 02:08 PM
    thanx dxcon i did everything u n landshark said and so far everything is working as it should... i will post back if phone becomes unresponsive again for some reason
    02-11-2011 02:20 PM
    i dont know, maybe i should pull this down till i figure it out , it did the same for me, tried to download every app i ever downloaded so weird
    Thats your call like I said its working fine know just had a little bug everyone has to remember these are leaks and a couple of tweaks are going to have to be made. Thanks again
    02-11-2011 02:21 PM
    Thats your call like I said its working fine know just had a little bug everyone has to remember these are leaks and a couple of tweaks are going to have to be made. Thanks again
    quick question, did you logon to gmail from the setup in the start or did you bypass all that then open the market and logon
    02-11-2011 02:22 PM
    Skiped it all and went right to market first time I ever did that normally i sign in. good call you may be on to something.
    02-11-2011 02:27 PM
    no dude, i just flashed sc and its working fine i bypassed setup.... strange because i had that problem this morning but now its running fine
    02-11-2011 02:31 PM
    I have another question I have had jts new red CW on since DL30 and have been using it with little to no problems should I flash the updated zip you have or just keeping rolling with what works
    02-11-2011 02:35 PM
    I have another question I have had jts new red CW on since DL30 and have been using it with little to no problems should I flash the updated zip you have or just keeping rolling with what works
    if you used my odin flash then you now have cwm froyo already installed,, is it opening,,if its not then you need to delete the update.zip if any one your sdcard and use the one i provided
    Rickaa likes this.
    02-11-2011 02:37 PM
    No its openning its just the red cw is that the one included
    02-11-2011 02:40 PM
4,228 ... 89101112 ...