09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 106107108109110 ...
tools
    Look at Step ONE again. Just below the link to update.zip it states you need to install your drivers also and provides a link to them. Download them and install them on your PC.
    I installed them or so I thought, and all the other stuff like odin and winar. Should I re-download the drivers?
    03-07-2011 03:46 PM
    I installed them or so I thought, and all the other stuff like odin and winar. Should I re-download the drivers?
    Your computer needs the drivers to communicate with the phone. Make sure the following:

1. You are using a Samsung Fascinate

2. You have it plugged into a USB port on your computer that is directly attached to the motherboard. Try not to use USB ports that are added onto the computer.

3. Yes install the driver again. If windows asks where the drivers are point to the directory you downloaded the file into on your PC and have the PC look there. Make sure to unzip it too....
    03-07-2011 03:51 PM
    Your computer needs the drivers to communicate with the phone. Make sure the following:

1. You are using a Samsung Fascinate

2. You have it plugged into a USB port on your computer that is directly attached to the motherboard. Try not to use USB ports that are added onto the computer.

3. Yes install the driver again. If windows asks where the drivers are point to the directory you downloaded the file into on your PC and have the PC look there. Make sure to unzip it too....
    thanks for the help I'll try 2 and 3.... 1 is the only thing I know for sure that I have haha I'll have to do it tom. my 6 month old is in need of my attention.
    03-07-2011 03:56 PM
    Look at Step ONE again. Just below the link to update.zip it states you need to install your drivers also and provides a link to them. Download them and install them on your PC.

Fandango,

You don't need the Samsung drivers to mount the USB of your phone. You need it for using Odin.

I'm heading out the door, so can't give full steps for doing this, but for mounting your phone, pull down your notification bar and tap on the usb connection and MOUNT the phone. This will allow your PC to see the files in the root of the card. Then copy the SD card into the base or root directory of that card.

When done, unmount.

Also make sure that debugging is selected under the main phone settings > applications > development.

If you're still having issues after I get home, eat and get settled in, and someone else hasn't already picked up the baton, I'd be more than happy to continue dialog with helping you get flashed and updated to Super Clean 2.8.

SuD
    03-07-2011 03:57 PM
    so what issues have you encountered by installing the superclean 2.8? because once you do this I'm assuming you can't take it back to verizon and then if there are any fixes to any bugs would you just do the same process all over again? Sorry for so many questions.
    03-07-2011 03:59 PM
    so what issues have you encountered by installing the superclean 2.8? because once you do this I'm assuming you can't take it back to verizon and then if there are any fixes to any bugs would you just do the same process all over again? Sorry for so many questions.
    Once you do this you can flash it back to complete stock the same way you flashed it in the first place

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...fascinate.html
    03-07-2011 04:01 PM
    Due to having many odd issues getting worse over time I wiped my phone by deleting:

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

Format boot
    Format system
    Format data
    Format dbdata
    Format sdcard
    Format sd-ext

I copied my SD Card contents to a backup directory on my PC prior to doing the above clean.

I then flashed RED CWM and loaded on SC2.8nv onto my SD card through my PCs card reader.

I flashed SC2.8nv and booted. I got the phone working at this point with no issues. I did not setup bluetooth however. (I forgot to)

I then flashed SC2.8 Voodoo and setup my apps by downloading them from the market again. I imported my contacts from the backup I made.

I did all of this to start over with clean data (or was hoping)

Running SC2.8nv in the past I always got bluetooth to work. Now when I go to these options I click to enable it but it never enables and there are no errors or FCs.

Is there anything I can flash or copy over to replace the bluetooth files in an attempt to get it working again?

My only other thought would be to start the entire process over going back to stock EA28 verizon bloated crapola and then move to SC2.8 again.

**EDIT**

I just used Root Explorer to go to /system/app and click on bluetooth to install it. No error it goes to run then says "Application not installed"

tried BluetoothOPP.apk, BluetoothServices.apk, and BluetoothTestMode.apk. All did the same thing
    Go to Adrynalyne's superclean thread and locate the nuance.zip patch in the patches section. That is the fix for bluetooth.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...b16-based.html
    standupdad likes this.
    03-07-2011 04:02 PM
    Go to Adrynalyne's superclean thread and locate the nuance.zip patch in the patches section. That is the fix for bluetooth.
    I thought of that and applied it but it did not apply. I am doing it again now and if it don't take I think I can unzip it and apply it with the .apk moving it to /system/app and installing it right?

I am not sure this will fix it however. In my past adventures of trying different setups I had bluetooth working but the voice commands did not work. I applied Nuance and they were working again. I though this was just the software for the voice recognition?
    03-07-2011 04:06 PM
    Fandango,

You don't need the Samsung drivers to mount the USB of your phone. You need it for using Odin.

I'm heading out the door, so can't give full steps for doing this, but for mounting your phone, pull down your notification bar and tap on the usb connection and MOUNT the phone. This will allow your PC to see the files in the root of the card. Then copy the SD card into the base or root directory of that card.

When done, unmount.

Also make sure that debugging is selected under the main phone settings > applications > development.

If you're still having issues after I get home, eat and get settled in, and someone else hasn't already picked up the baton, I'd be more than happy to continue dialog with helping you get flashed and updated to Super Clean 2.8.

SuD
    Thanks I appreciate all your help and DroidXcon, and everybody else who helps new people
    DroidXcon likes this.
    03-07-2011 04:13 PM
    Thanks I appreciate all your help and DroidXcon, and everybody else who helps new people
    Very welcome,,, maybe you can help me out though Fandango, Can i have the show times for Take me home tonight
    03-07-2011 04:22 PM
    Very welcome,,, maybe you can help me out though Fandango, Can i have the show times for Take me home tonight
    haha I cant contribute anything to these forums..... even show times
    03-07-2011 04:28 PM
    haha I cant contribute anything to these forums..... even show times
    lol no whenever you ask a question it helps others that have that same question so everyone contributes whether you know it or not
    03-07-2011 04:29 PM
    lol no whenever you ask a question it helps others that have that same question so everyone contributes whether you know it or not
    Boy do I have tons of questions..... One is my computer says "Windows needs to install driver software for your samsung_android" below that it has 3 options:
    1. locate and install driver software( recommended)
    2. ask me again later
    3. Dont show this message again for this device
    When I plug my phone into the computer. Ive even deleted the samsung driver file and it still pops up. I hit mount and debugging is checked.
    03-07-2011 04:37 PM
    Boy do I have tons of questions..... One is my computer says "Windows needs to install driver software for your samsung_android" below that it has 3 options:
    1. locate and install driver software( recommended)
    2. ask me again later
    3. Dont show this message again for this device
    When I plug my phone into the computer. Ive even deleted the samsung driver file and it still pops up. I hit mount and debugging is checked.
    Fandango, please watch this video, its for the moment but drivers are drivers... please see if any of the steps he takes resolves your issue
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...-flawless.html

if it helps i may include the video somewhere in the tutorial
    03-07-2011 04:44 PM
    I knew that you had the answer for this once before, but forgot what it was. Thanks for the repost. I will hopefully remember this myself.
    03-07-2011 04:53 PM
    HELP! Starting the process in the OP and Odin is showing two IC Com's in the left corner boxes, 0:com5 and 1:com3. What should I do? The picture in post 3 is only showing one com in yellow.
    03-07-2011 04:54 PM
    HELP! Starting the process in the OP and Odin is showing two IC Com's in the left corner boxes, 0:com5 and 1:com3. What should I do? The picture in post 3 is only showing one com in yellow.
    do you have anything else plugged into your computer, maybe a ipod, printer, external hard drive?
    03-07-2011 04:55 PM
    do you have anything else plugged into your computer, maybe a ipod, printer, external hard drive?
    Oop's, yes a printer. Should I unplug it first or cancell Odin and restart the process?
    03-07-2011 04:58 PM
    Thought this would be a more relevant topic to put this in, rather than filling up Adrynalyne's thread with my nagging questions. Lol. But I was going to tinker around with 2.8 SC with the DL09 modem. Question..Does anyone have a link to said modem? Also, haven't had much practice installing rom modem kernel separate...and I can't remember how to flash it exactly. Would I need to reflash everything? Or can I just flash the modem on top of my eb01 modem? THanks.
    03-07-2011 04:58 PM
    Oop's, yes a printer. Should I unplug it first or cancell Odin and restart the process?
    un plug it , close odin, reopen odin and plug in your phone
    mm247 likes this.
    03-07-2011 04:59 PM
    un plug it , close odin, reopen odin and plug in your phone
    OK , Thanks.
    03-07-2011 05:00 PM
    Thought this would be a more relevant topic to put this in, rather than filling up Adrynalyne's thread with my nagging questions. Lol. But I was going to tinker around with 2.8 SC with the DL09 modem. Question..Does anyone have a link to said modem? Also, haven't had much practice installing rom modem kernel separate...and I can't remember how to flash it exactly. Would I need to reflash everything? Or can I just flash the modem on top of my eb01 modem? THanks.
    Said modem --->HERE

just flash it in PDA of odin,,, it will not wipe anything just the modem ,, follow steps in post number 3 of this thread , just use this file in the PDA section

Edit, i accidently put in EB01,,,changed it to DL09
    03-07-2011 05:02 PM
    Thank ya much, sir.
    03-07-2011 05:04 PM
    Due to having many odd issues getting worse over time I wiped my phone by deleting:

wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    Wipe Dalvik Cache

Format boot
    Format system
    Format data
    Format dbdata
    Format sdcard
    Format sd-ext

I copied my SD Card contents to a backup directory on my PC prior to doing the above clean.

I then flashed RED CWM and loaded on SC2.8nv onto my SD card through my PCs card reader.

I flashed SC2.8nv and booted. I got the phone working at this point with no issues. I did not setup bluetooth however. (I forgot to)

I then flashed SC2.8 Voodoo and setup my apps by downloading them from the market again. I imported my contacts from the backup I made.

I did all of this to start over with clean data (or was hoping)

Running SC2.8nv in the past I always got bluetooth to work. Now when I go to these options I click to enable it but it never enables and there are no errors or FCs.

Is there anything I can flash or copy over to replace the bluetooth files in an attempt to get it working again?

My only other thought would be to start the entire process over going back to stock EA28 verizon bloated crapola and then move to SC2.8 again.

**EDIT**

I just used Root Explorer to go to /system/app and click on bluetooth to install it. No error it goes to run then says "Application not installed"

tried BluetoothOPP.apk, BluetoothServices.apk, and BluetoothTestMode.apk. All did the same thing

Make sure you aren't installing those accursed eb16 drivers I posted recently. They break bluetooth in the same manner you describe.
    Landshark likes this.
    03-07-2011 05:07 PM
    Also, I've tried to look it up a little bit, but I haven't ever really seen or heard...what exactly IS a modem when it comes to cell phones? In layman's terms, what function does a modem provide?
    03-07-2011 05:08 PM
4,228 ... 106107108109110 ...