09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 124125126127128 ...
tools
    Hey guys, I just went through the whole process/steps and when I turned my phone back on, it's stuck on the Samsung screen. It's been like this for 10 minutes. Not sure what to do. I'm scared to do anything lol
    did you make sure you put the file in the PDA section?

which file did you flash?
    03-12-2011 01:53 AM
    did you make sure you put the file in the PDA section?

which file did you flash?
    Yes, and EB16SC29x_DXC.tar, coming from stock.

Thank you, btw, for the quick response
    03-12-2011 02:02 AM
    Yes, and EB16SC29x_DXC.tar, coming from stock.

Thank you, btw, for the quick response
    You cant go from stock to froyo without wiping data and cache.

the file that you used was a file that does not wipe data it is meant for people who already have froyo. the "x" in the file represents that it does not wipe

Please download and flash EB16SC29_DXC.tar....
    03-12-2011 02:07 AM
    So I'm sure this question has been asked in this thread a million times, but it's 300+ pages now, and I've skimmed as much as I could.

I'm still on DI01. I rooted, flashed Superclean, and CWM what seems like forever ago. Probably November of last year after I got my phone.

So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of which file I should use, and what basic steps I can take to keep from losing everything like I did last time when I jumped the gun and didn't know ANYTHING about this stuff.

I've got a basic understanding, I just want to make 100% sure I'm right so I can make this as painless as possible.
    03-12-2011 02:38 AM
    So I'm sure this question has been asked in this thread a million times, but it's 300+ pages now, and I've skimmed as much as I could.

I'm still on DI01. I rooted, flashed Superclean, and CWM what seems like forever ago. Probably November of last year after I got my phone.

So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of which file I should use, and what basic steps I can take to keep from losing everything like I did last time when I jumped the gun and didn't know ANYTHING about this stuff.

I've got a basic understanding, I just want to make 100% sure I'm right so I can make this as painless as possible.
    you will need this file EB16SC29_DXC.tar ,,, you cant go from eclair to Froyo without wiping data and cache or else your phone will go nuts

you should do a titanium backup and backup your contacts to your SD card
    fatkidkustomz and MHB1638 like this.
    03-12-2011 02:46 AM
    you will need this file EB16SC29_DXC.tar ,,, you cant go from eclair to Froyo without wiping data and cache or else your phone will go nuts

you should do a titanium backup and backup your contacts to your SD card
    Ok thanks. So, these are the steps I'm going to do. Sound right?

Download file (done)
    Titanium Backup apps & data (done)
    Backup contacts to SD (being done now)
    Flash file with Odin
    Enjoy?

I've just got a lot of stuff on here I don't want to lose... like others, my phone is my lifeline. Sad, but true.
    03-12-2011 02:58 AM
    Ok thanks. So, these are the steps I'm going to do. Sound right?

Download file (done)
    Titanium Backup apps & data (done)
    Backup contacts to SD (being done now)
    Flash file with Odin
    Enjoy?

I've just got a lot of stuff on here I don't want to lose... like others, my phone is my lifeline. Sad, but true.
    sounds good to me
    fatkidkustomz likes this.
    03-12-2011 03:02 AM
    sounds good to me
    Ok... here goes. Hopefully in 20 minutes I'll be enjoying FroYo goodness. Thanks again.

Edit:

Looks like everything worked. Quickly. Now exploring time. It's like a whole new phone.
    03-12-2011 03:06 AM
    Got the patch for VCast Videos from Adrynalyne.... happy happy...lol. It's a zip file. Do I place it directly onto my SD card or do I use ODIN? Also, going to load up SC2.9x. Thanks Dave
    If Adrynalyne gave you a zip, you use it with recovery.

Do you have update.zip from the Original Post placed on the root of your SD card? If so, continue. If not, make sure that you place the zip file, as is, on your SD card. Not in any directory. Just right there in the root, which should be the main screen you see when you see all of the other directories on your sd card.

Long press your power button and select Recovery.
    When it comes up, the text will be blue. Use the volume down button to highlight the words "apply sdcard:update.zip". Then press the home icon, aka home capacitive button.

You should now see red lettering

Use the down arrow to highlight "install zip from sd card" and then short press the power (on/off) button.
    Use the down volume button to highlight "choose zip from sd card"and then short press the power button.
    Use the down arrow to highlight the zip file and then short press the power button.
    Use the down arrow to select "YES".

You should now see a message in white that says complete, and have been brought back to the previous directory. Tap the Menu or Back button to make sure that you're at the main menu for Red Recovery, make sure that Reboot System is highlighted, and then short press the power button and your phone should reboot.

SuD
    03-12-2011 07:36 AM
    question: will Samsung Fascinate support 4G or does it have hardware limitations that will prevent that. Thanks
    03-12-2011 08:20 AM
    question: will Samsung Fascinate support 4G or does it have hardware limitations that will prevent that. Thanks
    Questions like that are best answered by Verizon reps, but since I believe you need a new radio, which means new hardware, current implementation of the Fascinate is 3g. I believe that I just read about new 4G versions being created by Samsung though
    bobkatgifts likes this.
    03-12-2011 08:29 AM
    I updated my Fascinate from 2.8 to 2.9 using Odin and EB16SC29x. All went quickly with no problems. My firmware version on the phone still says 2.2.1 and the Kernel version says 2.6.32.9 - is this correct? Thanks
    03-12-2011 09:54 AM
    I updated my Fascinate from 2.8 to 2.9 using Odin and EB16SC29x. All went quickly with no problems. My firmware version on the phone still says 2.2.1 and the Kernel version says 2.6.32.9 - is this correct? Thanks
    Yes, that's correct.

You'll see 2.9 when you pull down the Notification bar or it'll be 2.9.1 depending on if you did the patch.
    bobkatgifts likes this.
    03-12-2011 10:03 AM
    I Seriously love these versions of android they are freakin amazing Mad props!!
    03-12-2011 10:39 AM
    when i try to launch odin on my pc it keeps telling me to choose a program i want to use to open the file what do i do
    03-12-2011 11:33 AM
    when i try to launch odin on my pc it keeps telling me to choose a program i want to use to open the file what do i do
    Long of the short, your exe extension association is broken. I've had to fix this for a few people in the past, but since I don't have your system, and you don't know me from Adam, I would use Google to find a solution you feel comfortable with.

This can happen if you have a virus/malware/spyware, or if you've recently had something removed where it made changes to your registry but the registry was never reverted. And because there may be a different solution for XP, Vista and Windows 7, consider doing a google search for your specific system and the issue. I did a search and found the following

Very likely that Vista and Win 7 have a solution that are the same steps, but long of the short, you'll have to make a modification to your registry or you might be able to download someone's registry fix and install it to your system. Regardless of what you choose for your registry fix, make sure that you scan the heck our of your system with Malwarebytes and your favorite virus scanner. Malwarebytes is my favorite anti-malware/spyware/crapware remover.

SuD
    floater#AC likes this.
    03-12-2011 11:55 AM
    Long of the short, your exe extension association is broken. I've had to fix this for a few people in the past, but since I don't have your system, and you don't know me from Adam, I would use Google to find a solution you feel comfortable with.

This can happen if you have a virus/malware/spyware, or if you've recently had something removed where it made changes to your registry but the registry was never reverted. And because there may be a different solution for XP, Vista and Windows 7, consider doing a google search for your specific system and the issue. I did a search and found the following

Very likely that Vista and Win 7 have a solution that are the same steps, but long of the short, you'll have to make a modification to your registry or you might be able to download someone's registry fix and install it to your system. Regardless of what you choose for your registry fix, make sure that you scan the heck our of your system with Malwarebytes and your favorite virus scanner. Malwarebytes is my favorite anti-malware/spyware/crapware remover.

SuD
    ok thanks ill try it out
    03-12-2011 12:00 PM
    I followed instructions in the first post and installed SC 2.9 just fine. When I go into Recovery mode I get 4 options:
    reboot
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data
    wipe cache

Am I supposed to run apply sdcard:update.zip?

Also, how do I do a battery stats wipe?
    03-12-2011 12:00 PM
    I followed instructions in the first post and installed SC 2.9 just fine. When I go into Recovery mode I get 4 options:
    reboot
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data
    wipe cache

Am I supposed to run apply sdcard:update.zip?

Also, how do I do a battery stats wipe?
    the update zip is just cwm you dont need to use it unless you are flashing something but the battery stats wipe is in this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tery-life.html
    03-12-2011 12:06 PM
    the update zip is just cwm you dont need to use it unless you are flashing something but the battery stats wipe is in this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tery-life.html
    So when I am in recovery, I get the blue text. I apply update.zip to run CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x from the first post. Now I have a red text screen.

I now have install zip from sdcard
    backup and restore
    mounts and storage
    advanced
    voodoo

And at the bottom I get:
    E: Missing bitmap progress_empty (Code -1)
    E: Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
    CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x

But when I highlight Advanced and click the home button, the screen goes black and the softpress buttons stay lit. I have to press the search button to get back to that screen. Also any other menu item I choose just turns the screen black. I have to reboot by pulling the battery. What I am missing here?
    03-12-2011 12:15 PM
    So when I am in recovery, I get the blue text. I apply update.zip to run CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x from the first post. Now I have a red text screen.

I now have install zip from sdcard
    backup and restore
    mounts and storage
    advanced
    voodoo

And at the bottom I get:
    E: Missing bitmap progress_empty (Code -1)
    E: Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
    CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x

But when I highlight Advanced and click the home button, the screen goes black and the softpress buttons stay lit. I have to press the search button to get back to that screen. Also any other menu item I choose just turns the screen black. I have to reboot by pulling the battery. What I am missing here?
    once it goes into the red texts use the lock(right side)button on your phone to select instead of the home button once you are finished you push the menu button to go back till you see reboot now
    03-12-2011 12:23 PM
    Is there a reason why I cannot get Google Voice to work as my voicemail service with SC 2.9? It worked fine with Stock 2.1. I get to the screen where it tells me to dial *7(my google voice number) then click Configure and when I click Configure, the phone vibrates then the Google Voice app needs to be forceably closed. But it comes back to access settings and just hangs.

EDIT: Turns out I had to update Google Voice app through the Marketplace first then it worked.
    03-12-2011 12:29 PM
    Just upgraded from 2.6 to 2.9. Flawless and working great...as expected from DroidXcon & Adrynalyne Thanks!
    03-12-2011 03:45 PM
    I have a problem with the rom im running on my fascinate evrytime my phone sleep's, I push the power button to unlock the screen but nothing happens the screen stays black and i have to pull the battery . The rom im running is in the title and i used ordin to load rom """""SOMEONE PLEASE HELP""""
    Email Me Please ( guillorygary@gmail.com ) Thanks
    03-12-2011 04:06 PM
    I have a problem with the rom im running on my fascinate evrytime my phone sleep's, I push the power button to unlock the screen but nothing happens the screen stays black and i have to pull the battery . The rom im running is in the title and i used ordin to load rom """""SOMEONE PLEASE HELP""""
    Email Me Please ( guillorygary@gmail.com ) Thanks
    What were you running before you upgraded? Were you on Eclair 2.1? Were you already running Super Clean version? I don't see that you stated that you used Odin to flash your rom, but if you did use Odin, what version did you upgrade to? EB16SC29x_DXC.tar , the version with the little x after the 29, or EB16SC29_DXC.tar , the version without the little x after the 29?

SuD
    03-12-2011 04:21 PM
4,228 ... 124125126127128 ...