09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 142143144145146 ...
tools
    Is anyone having issues with the browser crashing and then the launcher restarting? This has happened to me a quite a few times. Im not getting an error message, force close or anything.
    03-23-2011 11:07 AM
    Yeah, I found it yesterday, no problems at all since then. I'm getting decent battery life as well. Thanks!
    I think I am having the same issue you were having. Where can i find this update at?
    03-23-2011 11:12 AM
    I think I am having the same issue you were having. Where can i find this update at?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...b16-based.html
    03-23-2011 11:34 AM
    thanks! I was able to find it. I feel complete now!
    03-23-2011 11:38 AM
    Went from Eclair to SC2.6 last Thursday. Had SOD every 10 mins. So went to SC2.9on Saturday. Everything went smoothly and all was well for 2 days. Then the black SOD starting occurring with growing frequency. It happened all the time back on SC2.6, but when I moved to SC2.9 it stopped. Seems to occur most right after I remove from charger. Any ideas?
    03-23-2011 01:49 PM
    One more problem. Looks like it died again and I lost phone AND 3g. A reboot took care of the problem. This is going to suck if it's going to keep happening...
    I know this is a few weeks old now but I found what appears to be the source of the issue. I don't know the root cause, but I can see what's happening. It looks like it's kicking into Airplane mode without actually showing the plane icon. I just get the blue "No" symbol. Up until now I was rebooting to take care of the problem. This time I turned Airplane mode On then Off and rechecked the data icons in the notification bar and my phone and 3g popped back up. Other than the Lookout app I installed when I first posted this, nothing else changed. I removed the app and it kept happening so I knew it was something else.

Anyway, just an FYI
    03-23-2011 01:58 PM
    Was just wondering if there was a way to get a 2.9.2 no wipe odin install. Just got my phone setup the way i wanted on 2.9.1 Or will this not wipe my settings?
    03-23-2011 03:11 PM
    Was just wondering if there was a way to get a 2.9.2 no wipe odin install. Just got my phone setup the way i wanted on 2.9.1 Or will this not wipe my settings?
    ill get one up later this evening, im kind of busy at work
    MrGr8 likes this.
    03-23-2011 03:12 PM
    ill get one up later this evening, im kind of busy at work
    No rush, thanks for all your hard work, Wish I could do what you can with phones.
    03-23-2011 03:17 PM
    I thought that when I installed 2.9 that I would then always reboot into red. But I still have blue. Do the colors matter for this? I did the apply update and now I am in orange. I had flashed CWM-recovery-all before. I thought with 2.9 I wasn't supposed to have to worry about this anymore.

Or, does any of this matter as I should be flashing it through ODIN and won't have to use recovery?

And my other question from about a page ago - with 2.9.2 I don't have to install EB10 right?

Thanks
    03-23-2011 04:11 PM
    I thought that when I installed 2.9 that I would then always reboot into red. But I still have blue. Do the colors matter for this? I did the apply update and now I am in orange. I had flashed CWM-recovery-all before. I thought with 2.9 I wasn't supposed to have to worry about this anymore.

Or, does any of this matter as I should be flashing it through ODIN and won't have to use recovery?

And my other question from about a page ago - with 2.9.2 I don't have to install EB10 right?

Thanks
    Please install CWM ALL from this thread and please take a look at how to use it
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html

no you dont have to install EB01 because its already installed and the 2.9.2 cwm version includes the EC10 kernel in it
    03-23-2011 04:23 PM
    Please install CWM ALL from this thread and please take a look at how to use it

no you dont have to install EB01 because its already installed and the 2.9.2 cwm version includes the EC10 kernel in it
    Thanks for the thread. That is helpful. However for installing 2.9.2 will I need CWM or would I just be using ODIN?
    03-23-2011 04:27 PM

Thanks
    1. You should still be booting directly to red but you did something through Rom Manager, that is the only way to have orange cwm. We have littered these threads with warnings not to use rom manager for anything right now. If you used DroidXcon's method at all in the last month, he has this warning in bold red print at the bottom of his first post. Let me say it again for everyone
    DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER FOR ANYTHING, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THE FASCINATE RIGHT NOW
    Flash CWM-ALL again then you will be fine

2. DroidXcon will not have ODIN packages for 2.9.2 ready for quite some time. The only way to get 2.9.2 right now is to flash the ROM through CWM. If you're not sure how to use it, click the link in my signature. That will take you to DroidXcon's clockwork thread where you can find instructions with visual aids.

3. You didn't post that question in this thread, you posted it in Adrynalyne's superclean thread and I answered it for you there three minutes after you asked it. But here is the answer again : Go to the first post in this thread, read the changelog for what is in 2.9.2. No you don't have flash the kernel separately.
    03-23-2011 04:28 PM
    1. You should still be booting directly to red but you did something through Rom Manager, that is the only way to have orange cwm. We have littered these threads with warnings not to use rom manager for anything right now. If you used DroidXcon's method at all in the last month, he has this warning in bold red print at the bottom of his first post. Let me say it again for everyone
    DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER FOR ANYTHING, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THE FASCINATE RIGHT NOW
    Flash CWM-ALL again then you will be fine

2. DroidXcon will not have ODIN packages for 2.9.2 ready for quite some time. The only way to get 2.9.2 right now is to flash the ROM through CWM. If you're not sure how to use it, click the link in my signature. That will take you to DroidXcon's clockwork thread where you can find instructions with visual aids.

3. You didn't post that question in this thread, you posted it in Adrynalyne's superclean thread and I answered it for you there three minutes after you asked it. But here is the answer again : Go to the first post in this thread, read the changelog for what is in 2.9.2. No you don't have flash the kernel separately.
    Thanks. Yes, I admit. I am guilty of using ROM manager about a month or two ago and have since deleted it from my phone after reading all of the "don't use it" posts. Is my phone scarred forever from it?

Sorry, I get some of these threads mixed up and forgot what I posted where. I really appreciate the help.
    03-23-2011 04:32 PM
    Thanks. Yes, I admit. I am guilty of using ROM manager about a month or two ago and have since deleted it from my phone after reading all of the "don't use it" posts. Is my phone scarred forever from it?

Sorry, I get some of these threads mixed up and forgot what I posted where. I really appreciate the help.
    No, phone's not scarred for life. Now that you have cwm-all working you should boot directly to red cwm-all. Just follow the directions in DroidXcon's clockwork thread. As long as you stay on 2.9 or higher you will not need to use apply sdcard:update.zip at all.
    03-23-2011 05:33 PM
    No, phone's not scarred for life. Now that you have cwm-all working you should boot directly to red cwm-all. Just follow the directions in DroidXcon's clockwork thread. As long as you stay on 2.9 or higher you will not need to use apply sdcard:update.zip at all.
    Got it thanks! I'm up and running with 2.9.2.
    03-23-2011 05:40 PM
    Got it thanks! I'm up and running with 2.9.2.
    Sweet. Enjoy it.
    03-23-2011 06:17 PM
    This is the root I used. Is it or is it not Voodoo?

Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection
    RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC29_DXC.tar

And for future reference how can I tell? When I boot to recovery it goes to blue first and from what Ive read that mean non-voodoo right?

Appreciate the help guys!!!
    03-23-2011 06:20 PM
    This is the root I used. Is it or is it not Voodoo?

Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection
    RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC29_DXC.tar

And for future reference how can I tell? When I boot to recovery it goes to blue first and from what Ive read that mean non-voodoo right?

Appreciate the help guys!!!
    non of my packages are voodoo
    first install CWM all, and learn to navigate clockwork here

then read up on voodoo here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ar-2011-a.html
    03-23-2011 06:23 PM
    Thanks DXC,
    I really appreciate it!!!
    03-23-2011 06:47 PM
    I need testers
    03-23-2011 06:55 PM
    I'm in
    03-23-2011 07:06 PM
    I need testers
    Im in too
    03-23-2011 07:20 PM
    OK im going to upload now , should be about half hour my connection at work is slow
    Netw3rk likes this.
    03-23-2011 07:23 PM
    I need testers
    How is testing going, if you need more testers i would be willing to give it a try.
    03-23-2011 09:05 PM
4,228 ... 142143144145146 ...