[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to install 2.9 with the wipe/no wipe option? I know one keeps your apps installed but i wasn't sure if there was any other benefits. New to this any loving it but trying to understand too. I'm having trouble with 2.8 so I want to choose the best path even if I have to reinstall things. Thanks!

Generally if you're having issues, it's a good idea to start with a clean slate since corrupt data, etc can cause problems.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to install 2.9 with the wipe/no wipe option? I know one keeps your apps installed but i wasn't sure if there was any other benefits. New to this any loving it but trying to understand too. I'm having trouble with 2.8 so I want to choose the best path even if I have to reinstall things. Thanks!

Since you already have 2.8, you don't need to use the wipe-version of 2.9, but.... if you're having any kinds of quirky issues, then the call is yours. You could wipe cache and Dalvik, and then just reboot a couple of times and then see if your issues are resolved. Or... you could just load the wipe version and know that those things will be done as part of the process for upgrading WITH the wipe version.

Some issues might be addressed by just reflashing the modem, and others have needed to throttle back to DI01 and then up to 2.X. No two people have the same stuff on their phone, and it's hard to perform differential diagnostics between them when there are so many variables.

Personally, I'd wipe cache and Dalvik, reboot. Wait 5 minutes and reboot again. Whatever your "issues" are may just go away. If you would be willing to post what those issues are after that, maybe someone here with similar experiences can help.

SuD

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi quick question i have 2 fascinates i flashed 2.9 on both phones with DXC packages and the problem is that on one phone i can hit the back button from my contacts and it will go back to the home screen and the other phone won't do that for some reason. the one that goes back from my contacts was red CWM and the one that won't was orange CWM if that helps.

I wish that I could help you drinkhere, but I've not heard of this, nor experienced it. Try what TheGord did, and see if that's helpful.

SuD

Sut

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Does the new non-data wipe version of 2.9 fix the red cwm with the bitmap errors so it should now bypass blue stock recovery?
Is it even necessary to place the update.zip on the sdcard anymore?

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi quick question i have 2 fascinates i flashed 2.9 on both phones with DXC packages and the problem is that on one phone i can hit the back button from my contacts and it will go back to the home screen and the other phone won't do that for some reason. the one that goes back from my contacts was red CWM and the one that won't was orange CWM if that helps.

have you tried flashing cwm-recovery-all with odin, then reflashing sc 2.9 in that cwm?

Reactions: Landshark

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the new non-data wipe version of 2.9 fix the red cwm with the bitmap errors so it should now bypass blue stock recovery?

All I can offer is that update.zip is not needed if you're using Odin. Update.zip is only used for recovery. You can successfully flash with Odin and not have placed update.zip on your SD card.

Any more than that, and you'll have to get Landshark or DXC to answer up on, as I'm unsure.

Reactions: Sut

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

This happened to me and there was a post somewhere that helped me fix it but I don't remember where. I think you long press your contacts icon and go to change shortcut and set phone as the new shortcut. Then long press and change back to contacts again. Then reboot. This worked fire me at least when it happened on sc 2.6 I think.

Reactions: Landshark

k rock

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Flash the 2.9 zip and then the 2.9. 1 patch. Don't forget to wipe cache and dcache.

I currently am running the 2.4 version (did a full wipe and whatnot), my question is how do I get 2.9 on it without wiping it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
How do you flash it? Do you hold down the volume button and enter CWM? I've only flashed through ODIN (using the directions provided)

1.Download the .zip file
2. put it in the root of your SD card.
3. boot in to clockwork recovery ( letters should be in blue)
4. select update.zip
5. this will take you to clockwork recovery (red)
6. highlight install zip from sd card
7. highlight the 2.9 rom
8 select yes
9. Voila you have SFC 2.9
10 drink a beer and enjoy

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

that is correct sir.

Edit: once you flash the 2.9 you can delete the update.zip since it was used as a key to get into CWM. Thanks to the dev for 2.9 we can just go straight to it.

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
And to answer your question, no I didn't go through adrynalyn's stickied post, I don't even know where it is.

Forgive me sir i misread your post.....

Since you already have the tar file just follow Droid X con's instructions.

After you flash the EB16 2.9 file youo then can go to adrynalyns post and flash the updated ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20