09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 154155156157158 ...
tools
    I am currently running EBO1 with froyo. Can I just flash superclean 2.9 with voodoo right over this without going back to stock?
    04-03-2011 06:27 AM
    Listen, I have read all of the threads and I am not understanding clearly, hense me posting my questions. I have tried applying the zip file to root of SD. I have tried all of the other things and clearly i'm missing something. What I am trying to do is enter recovery mode and enter CWM via zip and I get an error message stating that I can not apply. I am an ***** apparently, I just can't figure out what to do and I appreciate any help and thank you in advance for being patient with me.
    in my previous post i told you to flash cwm all and in the clockwork thread i mention cwm all many times, how you dont need to apply update.zip. Please help me make it more clear to people as i must be doing these write ups very poorly if was not explained well enough

Installing CWM ALL instructions and downloads

Installing with odin:
    1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found HERE
    2. Download the ODIN file HERE
    3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    5. Remove battery from phone.
    6. Launch ODIN on PC.
    7. Plug USB cable into phone.
    8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
    9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
    10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
    11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
    12. Choose the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar which can be downloaded HERE
    13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button

For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

Entering clockwork recovery ALL
    With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
    Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
    This will lead you into clockwork.

Red Clockwork
    Volume up and down = Scroll up and down
    Menu= Back / Screen sleep
    Home= Screen sleep
    Back= Select
    Power= Select
    Search= Back

I am currently running EBO1 with froyo. Can I just flash superclean 2.9 with voodoo right over this without going back to stock?
    yes you can flash voodoo over it if you apply lagfix before you reboot. But voodoo options only work in cwm all.

But since you are having a difficult time understanding how to use clockwork i would highly suggest you stay away from voodoo until you have an understanding all things involved.

I suggest you read over my clockwork thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html

also read over the voodoo thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...dervolted.html
    dablitzkrieg likes this.
    04-03-2011 08:50 AM
    so i installed superclean 2.9.2 and was installed a theme and everything seems to work good thanxs to everyone's help but i have one more question how do i fix the battery life i keep reading about batter status wipe and stuff and i was wondering what i have to do ty for the help
    04-03-2011 11:22 AM
    so i installed superclean 2.9.2 and was installed a theme and everything seems to work good thanxs to everyone's help but i have one more question how do i fix the battery life i keep reading about batter status wipe and stuff and i was wondering what i have to do ty for the help
    Check out this thread and follow the steps outlined in it.
    gunnermike53's Battery Thread
    04-03-2011 01:19 PM
    in my previous post i told you to flash cwm all and in the clockwork thread i mention cwm all many times, how you dont need to apply update.zip. Please help me make it more clear to people as i must be doing these write ups very poorly if was not explained well enough

Installing CWM ALL instructions and downloads

Installing with odin:
    1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found HERE
    2. Download the ODIN file HERE
    3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    5. Remove battery from phone.
    6. Launch ODIN on PC.
    7. Plug USB cable into phone.
    8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
    9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
    10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
    11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
    12. Choose the file cwm-recovery-ALL.tar which can be downloaded HERE
    13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button

For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

Entering clockwork recovery ALL
    With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
    Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
    This will lead you into clockwork.

yes you can flash voodoo over it if you apply lagfix before you reboot. But voodoo options only work in cwm all.

But since you are having a difficult time understanding how to use clockwork i would highly suggest you stay away from voodoo until you have an understanding all things involved.

I suggest you read over my clockwork thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html

also read over the voodoo thread very carefully

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...dervolted.html
    Thank you and I know it is me, not you. Where I am getting confused is that a few people are referencing "Red CWM". Mine is blue. Is the red what appears post voodoo? Also, I did as you suggested and got the CWM ALL
    04-03-2011 02:16 PM
    Thank you and I know it is me, not you. Where I am getting confused is that a few people are referencing "Red CWM". Mine is blue. Is the red what appears post voodoo? Also, I did as you suggested and got the CWM ALL
    Red is not post voodoo. CWM-ALL is red.
    dablitzkrieg likes this.
    04-03-2011 02:25 PM
    Red is not post voodoo. CWM-ALL is red.
    I think I know what i did wrong, correct me if im wrong, but not booting into recovery post cwm-all flash? I turned the phone on after the flash
    04-03-2011 02:56 PM
    I think I know what i did wrong, correct me if im wrong, but not booting into recovery post cwm-all flash? I turned the phone on after the flash
    Depends on what kernel you are running, but yes, usually better to boot straight to recovery after flashing cwm-all. Also go into your phone and delete any update.zip files you have anywhere on your sd card. Having one tied to an older cwm may also cause you to revert back to stock blue recovery.
    dablitzkrieg likes this.
    04-03-2011 02:58 PM
    DroidXcon, Landshark and Sheepdog Elite and anybody else I forgot,,, I just want to say thankyou as I've got super clean with voodoo working great. thanks for your patience
    04-03-2011 07:32 PM
    DroidXcon, Landshark and Sheepdog Elite and anybody else I forgot,,, I just want to say thankyou as I've got super clean with voodoo working great. thanks for your patience
    You're welcome, and don't forget you are on a voodoo kernel. You can't flash anything nonvoodoo until you first boot into cwm and disable voodoo lag fix.
    dablitzkrieg likes this.
    04-03-2011 07:43 PM
    One more question Flashing the Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod will i need to install clockwork separately as well as a kernel or is everything built into the rom......Also to backup my original EA28 rom do I only use the TitaniumBackup or is it another process needed.
    THANKS
    04-03-2011 09:42 PM
    One more question Flashing the Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod will i need to install clockwork separately as well as a kernel or is everything built into the rom......Also to backup my original EA28 rom do I only use the TitaniumBackup or is it another process needed.
    THANKS
    the clockwork in my packages are dated so yes the cwm all should be applied seperately

TiB is what you need to back up your system
    04-03-2011 09:44 PM
    wait so how do we get back to android 2.1 ???
    04-04-2011 08:30 PM
    wait so how do we get back to android 2.1 ??
    04-04-2011 08:35 PM
    wait so how do we get back to android 2.1 ??
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...other-how.html
    04-04-2011 08:39 PM
    Trouble Shooting

Odin application displays one of the following in message box OR Odin is locking up in the middle of the process

Resolution
    90% of problems associated with Odin are due to communication between phone and computer

• Reboot your computer
    • Redownload the odin package
    • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
    • Make sure you did not forget to remove battery from phone (Should be out the ENTIRE process)
    • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
    • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there

****************************************************************************
    After failed flash with odin upon power up the following is depicted on the screen

SOFT BRICK

Resolution
    First off DO NOT PANIC. there is a simple solution, just remove the battery , plug the phone into the computer, press and hold volume down and it will enter download mode. Please review all the steps oulined in this thread and try and flash again
    how do i flash back to 2.1?
    04-04-2011 08:43 PM
    how do i flash back to 2.1?
    i just gave you the link. what exactly are you hung up on ?

If you want help you need to give us details what the problem is
    04-04-2011 08:49 PM
    Followed the guide and got SuperClean installed last night. Battery seems to drain kinda quick......but i've only had this phone for 5 days so i'm not sure i'm the best judge for this.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS EASY TO UNDERSTAND & DO!

If you can follow instructions, you can root and install Froyo.
    04-05-2011 08:12 AM
    Thank-You... Installed SuperClean 2.9.2, very easy to follow instructions and worked like a charm... even had all my information still there waiting for me when it turned back on...
    04-05-2011 02:22 PM
    Hello, Does anyone know if this includes overclocking? if not how do I overclock?
    04-06-2011 09:04 AM
    Can any comment how well Wireless Tether and Wired Tether apps work with EC10SC292x_DXC.tar rom

Not interested in how the paid ones like pdanet, easytether. I assume they work eitherway.
    04-06-2011 01:58 PM
    Can any comment how well Wireless Tether and Wired Tether apps work with EC10SC292x_DXC.tar rom

I have been able to connect with android-wifi-tether, very easy to find with google
    04-06-2011 02:19 PM
    Barnacle also works fine for wireless tether.
    04-06-2011 02:34 PM
    Hello, Does anyone know if this includes overclocking? if not how do I overclock?
    Flash an overclocked kernel. Currently this is your only option for SuperClean Froyo.

[KERNEL][Mar.28.2011] TouchWiz Voodoo OC UV Based on EC10 Froyo Source UPDATED 4/2 - xda-developers
    04-06-2011 02:36 PM
    Fair warning over clocking will not produce results worth possible permanent damage to your processor. It would be much more effective to just run super clean.
    04-06-2011 03:42 PM
4,228 ... 154155156157158 ...