09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    ok the update first listed to download is supposed to be saved to my sd card, i did that but i think i might not have put it in the right folder, where in my sd should i move that update zip to?
    When you plug your phone into your pc, and click the connect usb storage button on your phone you should get an auto play window to pop up on your pc. click on "open folder to view files" when you do that, that first directory you see is the root of your sd card and where the update.zip file should go.
    02-25-2011 12:41 AM
    You got it Landshark.
    02-25-2011 12:41 AM
    I'm not running winzip at all. I'm just going to delete winzip to see if that makes any difference.......
    02-25-2011 12:43 AM
    ok so i downloaded the drivers, again, and now after pluging in while off, holding down the button i am getting the triangle, but there is nothing telling me it is connected in the id:com section
    02-25-2011 12:44 AM
    I'm not running winzip at all. I'm just going to delete winzip to see if that makes any difference.......
    im just going to open it , ,upload it and send it to you non compressed
    02-25-2011 12:46 AM
    ok so i downloaded the drivers, again, and now after pluging in while off, holding down the button i am getting the triangle, but there is nothing telling me it is connected in the id:com section
    close odin reopen it, try a different USB port,,,and is your battery out of the phone?
    02-25-2011 12:47 AM
    You got it Landshark.
    I got what? When you are responding to someone's post, click the quote button at the bottom of that particular post so it is part of your response and they know which post you are responding to. All three things should be downloaded to the same place - the downloads folder on your computer. Try uninstalling winrar and the .tar file. download winrar to your downloads folder first, double click on it to install it, then download the .tar file to your downloads folder, right click on it, and left click on extract here. It should look like the picture from the second post in this thread.
    02-25-2011 12:49 AM
    ok so all threads completed, succeeded0 failed1.... this is highly disappointing, i switched usb restarted odin. i did get farther this time, but it appears that it failed anyway... im soo frustrated
    02-25-2011 12:53 AM
    I got what? When you are responding to someone's post, click the quote button at the bottom of that particular post so it is part of your response and they know which post you are responding to. All three things should be downloaded to the same place - the downloads folder on your computer. Try uninstalling winrar and the .tar file. download winrar to your downloads folder first, double click on it to install it, then download the .tar file to your downloads folder, right click on it, and left click on extract here. It should look like the picture from the second post in this thread.
    My bad. I hit the wrong button. I will hit this up again tomorrow. I gotta rack out. Thanks for the help guys. I will start fresh tomorrow and see if I can finally get this situated out. Out................
    02-25-2011 12:55 AM
    ok so all threads completed, succeeded0 failed1.... this is highly disappointing, i switched usb restarted odin. i did get farther this time, but it appears that it failed anyway... im soo frustrated
    ok , if the drivers are installed, you switched USB ports , The battery is out of the phone the entire process(probably most important) and odin is seeing the phone connected... then the only other thing it maybe is a corrupted download, maybe delete the files you have and redownload and try again.

are you using a laptop by anychance?
    02-25-2011 12:57 AM
    My bad. I hit the wrong button. I will hit this up again tomorrow. I gotta rack out. Thanks for the help guys. I will start fresh tomorrow and see if I can finally get this situated out. Out................
    im uploading the file already opened it will be in your PM box for download that way you dont have to worry about winrar
    02-25-2011 12:58 AM
    im getting sad now
    02-25-2011 01:04 AM
    yes im using a laptop.... no bueno?
    02-25-2011 01:05 AM
    yes im using a laptop.... no bueno?
    do you have an actual computer? it would be better

is the laptop plugged in or running off the battery?
    02-25-2011 01:06 AM
    no my laptop is my only pc, and its running plugged in
    02-25-2011 01:08 AM
    no my laptop is my only pc, and its running plugged in
    yeah laptops are not that great,,,is your phone bricked or can you use it right now?
    02-25-2011 01:10 AM
    no its not bricked i can still use it if i plug the battery in
    02-25-2011 01:11 AM
    oh wait no its bricked =(
    02-25-2011 01:12 AM
    no its not bricked i can still use it if i plug the battery in
    you should try this from a desktop computer if you can get ahold of one,,,,if not we can try again, up to you
    02-25-2011 01:13 AM
    So much for racking out bc this is driving me nuts!!! I deleted everything and started totally fresh. I downloaded in sequence as you said to do............. guess what I extracted here and the same result as the last 2 times.... just a .rar file not a .rar.md5 file.............
    02-25-2011 01:13 AM
    so now what?
    02-25-2011 01:15 AM
    oh wait no its bricked =(
    ok then lets press on

reboot your computer

open odin again

pull out your battery

hold down the volume down button and plug the phone in until the yellow triangle comes on

click pda choose the file

click start and wait
    02-25-2011 01:16 AM
    im uploading the file already opened it will be in your PM box for download that way you dont have to worry about winrar
    You DA MAN!!!!!!! Thanks DroidXcon
    So much for racking out bc this is driving me nuts!!! I deleted everything and started totally fresh. I downloaded in sequence as you said to do............. guess what I extracted here and the same result as the last 2 times.... just a .rar file not a .rar.md5 file.............
    give me a min the file is almost done uploading
    Dave95b likes this.
    02-25-2011 01:17 AM
4,228 ... 4950515253 ...