09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    thank you very much. im just not very sure to root my phone or wait until the official 2.2
    02-25-2011 11:24 AM
    thank you very much. im just not very sure to root my phone or wait until the official 2.2

Since I, nor anyone here, know when that's going to be, we've opted to go Froyo now. That said, you could give it a whirl, and if you're worried for when the official release comes out, flash back to DI01 stock, and then do the official upgrade over the air.

I'm quite sure that when the official version gets released that you'll see advancements with Super Clean and others. I look at it this way... with what I've learned here and done to my phone, all I've done is given my phone the breath of fresh air it deserves. All things said and done, I'm happier with my phone today than I was when I first got it the day after Thanksgiving. It's faster, more responsive, completely de-bloated, and allows me to watch flash right in my browser.

The only thing better would be to have my wife get off of my PS3 and stop playing UT3. Crap that game makes me dizzy. But at least she's not on my Fascinate. Well, she is, but you're not allowed to see that.
    02-25-2011 11:33 AM
    haha okay ill take your advice
    02-25-2011 11:37 AM
    Ok so I clicked PDA and chose the file from step 2 and when I click start a message comes up on the bottom left that says 0 succeded 0 failed. Any words of advise?
    02-25-2011 12:25 PM
    Ok so I clicked PDA and chose the file from step 2 and when I click start a message comes up on the bottom left that says 0 succeded 0 failed. Any words of advise?
    Welcome to Android Central...

check the following
    Download and install new drivers found HERE

Disable any running antivirus
    Use the USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are, then use another one
    Your battery should be out during the entire process
    close out of odin, reopen it and try again
    02-25-2011 12:31 PM
    Was the big yellow.... bah, DroidX responded before I could. He's the man with the plan, so follow his directions and you'll be in the best shape possible.
    02-25-2011 12:33 PM
    yeah, those drivers are key. make sure you have the little yellow box as shown here
    02-25-2011 12:33 PM
    Okay, I have been researching as much as my brain can handle and I think the new 2.5 is urging me to pull the trigger. I have had the Fascinate for a few months and have only done the one EA28 OTA update so far. I wanted to see if I have compiled the correct order of things, so if someone can give me a thumbs up or a 'hey noob, you're doing it wrong' with possibly some advice I would be greatly appreciated.....

download drivers, download update.zip to /sdcard/ on phone, extract the rar from the voodoo 2.5 zip, use ODIN to update/root, reboot into recovery (or is this not necessary with this process?), reboot.

Just looking for some clarification if possible. Thanks, you guys are a great asset to Android!!!
    02-25-2011 02:24 PM
    Okay, I have been researching as much as my brain can handle and I think the new 2.5 is urging me to pull the trigger. I have had the Fascinate for a few months and have only done the one EA28 OTA update so far. I wanted to see if I have compiled the correct order of things, so if someone can give me a thumbs up or a 'hey noob, you're doing it wrong' with possibly some advice I would be greatly appreciated.....

download drivers, download update.zip to /sdcard/ on phone, extract the rar from the voodoo 2.5 zip, use ODIN to update/root, reboot into recovery (or is this not necessary with this process?), reboot.

Just looking for some clarification if possible. Thanks, you guys are a great asset to Android!!!
    I do not support Voodoo and i wont make a package for it as i dont want to be responsible for any hardware damage done to the phone.. you will have to go to Adrynalynes thread and download voodoo files.... if you are not clear on how to load voodoo then i suggest you dont until you do alot of reading on how to enable and disable lagfix, how to install clockwork etc....

Start your reading up from here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...eb-2011-a.html
    ttoptt likes this.
    02-25-2011 02:31 PM
    yeah, I wouldn't go voodoo'ing right out of the gate. And I believe 2.5 is installed via clockworkmod recovery so you could odin one of the super clean images and then use "install zip from sd card" in recovery and choose the frankenclean 2.5.
    02-25-2011 02:38 PM
    Ill have 2.5 non voodoo up soon
    02-25-2011 02:41 PM
    ha that's the second time today you've been ahead of me. I must be getting old.
    02-25-2011 02:42 PM
    ha that's the second time today you've been ahead of me. I must be getting old.
    Nah. He's just bored at work and since this is what he wants to do, he's on top of it. Now lets see who gets it flashed first and comes back to report their success. Personally going for the ROM only if he posts it.
    02-25-2011 02:54 PM
    man i havent even finished booting up yet and its already AWESOME!!!!
    02-25-2011 02:57 PM
    Ahhh, now I see why there are different instructions in different threads. I am looking into voodoo simply because of ext4 technology. I have two fairly intelligent buddies who did the ext4 conversion on their EPICs after their froyo updates and it made a pretty big difference...but I can see where it is a step above simple rooting. I may just wait for the non voodoo 2.5 version in this thread as it seems to be the most straight forward. Thanks again!

Edit: So no reason to boot into recovery after the Odin flash?
    02-25-2011 03:03 PM
    Quit salivating and get the download links up.
    02-25-2011 03:08 PM
    Edit: So no reason to boot into recovery after the Odin flash?
    Nope.

This is the most straightforward process I've seen.
    ttoptt likes this.
    02-25-2011 03:10 PM
    the honeycomb boot animation is quite...uhm...fascinating. lol I just want to sit here and watch it over and over
    02-25-2011 03:17 PM
    Yeah the animations and voice over during the install was pretty cool...So far so good loading thru voodoo..
    02-25-2011 03:17 PM
    ok mega upload says ETA for the file to finish uploading is 26 mins, im starting with non data wipe first ,,, then ill upload data wipe version
    02-25-2011 03:24 PM
    Bah. That brings it to nearly 5PM, so that means I either stay after work to complete the job and then drive home in this crappy weather, or wait until I get home.

I'll stay after work and load it up, give the short version of my success before I leave and then come back and update the post after I get home and have had it under my belt for a little while.
    02-25-2011 03:29 PM
    Bah. That brings it to nearly 5PM, so that means I either stay after work to complete the job and then drive home in this crappy weather, or wait until I get home.

I'll stay after work and load it up, give the short version of my success before I leave and then come back and update the post after I get home and have had it under my belt for a little while.
    nah bro its not that critical, get home relax and then get on this
    02-25-2011 03:31 PM
    I've rebooted 3 times just to see the boot animation. I'm gonna have a dead battery.
    02-25-2011 03:34 PM
    nah bro its not that critical, get home relax and then get on this
    Not about being critical or anything. It's, so far, going to be the highlight of my day. Been here 9 hours, kid stayed home for snow day, and I need something to justify getting out of bed and coming to work today.
    02-25-2011 03:35 PM
    Not about being critical or anything. It's, so far, going to be the highlight of my day. Been here 9 hours, kid stayed home for snow day, and I need something to justify getting out of bed and coming to work today.
    LMAO, you are awesome brother,,, ok ETA 17 mins
    02-25-2011 03:38 PM
4,228 ... 5152535455 ...