[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, in using SC 2.4 should the search key at the bottom link to bing or to google? Mine still links to bing and I am wondering if I need to do something specifically to make that link to only google?

I thought Adrynalyne included this fix in 2.4. If it is not working for you, you can go to the ROMs/Themes/Hacks thread and there is an add on you can install through clockworkmod recovery (cwm) that will take care of that:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ks-roms-themes-kernels-updated-2-20-11-a.html

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no options .... Right Click just has the normal options and left click (double) tries to open it but needs a program. Trying Winzip.

It did something....
Firmware: 2.2.1
Baseband: S:i500.04 V.EB01
Kernel:2.6.32.9
Build: SCH-I500.EB01

Why not use 7Zip to unrar the tar file instead? It'll handle every damned archive in the world and then some. ;)

Trash winzip, use this : Download

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why not use 7Zip to unrar the tar file instead? It'll handle every damned archive in the world and then some. ;)

Trash winzip, use this : Download

i agree but here is my problem with 7zip without winrar

lets say i make a zip or a rar of a .tar file when you dont have 7zip it shows up as .tar and not .rar . even if i tell it i want it as a rar it shows up tar but if you have winrar it shows up as the rar i asked it to be... if that makes sense

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for such a thorough answer! Everything went smoothly! I noticed that in the notes about this version it is mentioned that the battery charged notification will no longer come up. Is this automatic? I only ask because my phone already (after two months of owning this phone) has an image burn developing of the battery charged notification. Thanks again for all of your help!

420fan

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have SC 2.3 on my phone, non voodoo and I want to put SC2.4 Voodoo on my phone, so I can get the boot animations to work, as well as I wanna make this phone FAST! Can I just flash over it in odin, or do I need to do anything else?

thanks for all the help and support.

I went from noob to rooting my phone, putting super clean on it, and applying a new theme to it as well, all from this forum!

Also, my pdanet app seems to not work as well with froyo, anyone else having this issue? It drops off a lot. I also tried EasyTether and I am seeing the same drops.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have SC 2.3 on my phone, non voodoo and I want to put SC2.4 Voodoo on my phone, so I can get the boot animations to work, as well as I wanna make this phone FAST! Can I just flash over it in odin, or do I need to do anything else?

thanks for all the help and support.

I went from noob to rooting my phone, putting super clean on it, and applying a new theme to it as well, all from this forum!

I never suggest voodoo, that is why i dont offer it....., the boot animation will work with nonvoodoo.....and the voodoo kernel is not that much faster because it is just a modified version of stock...but if you feel you need to have it you will need the ALL version of red cwm, which im working on now to put into full package odin form... if you dont want to wai you will need to follow this thread
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...clockworkmod-recovery-updated-02-20-11-a.html

then after it is set up you will need to go to advanced menu and enable lagfix,, then you need to flash superclean voodoo from clockwork
you can get the voodoo file from here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-4-updated.html

you can learn how to enable lagfix and flash the voodoo file from here
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s/55753-how-voodoo-updated-12-feb-2011-a.html

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for such a thorough answer! Everything went smoothly! I noticed that in the notes about this version it is mentioned that the battery charged notification will no longer come up. Is this automatic? I only ask because my phone already (after two months of owning this phone) has an image burn developing of the battery charged notification. Thanks again for all of your help!

as far as the battery charger thing i havnt charged my battery all the way in so long since im moving from rom to rom , phone to phone so much , i would ask adrynalyne about this in this thread
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-4-updated.html

Reactions: drjohnson89

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so if I want to just get to 2.4Non Voodoo, I can just download SC2.4 and flash in ODIN?

yeah there is a file there for upgrade from previous versions of superclean EB01SC24x_DXC.tar it will upgrade you without wiping any data and also it has the newest cwm...and i would read up on voodoo and when you hear of custom voodoo kernels then you can try them. the one that is out does not really offer anything huge over the non voodoo kernel

JesseTheNoob

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys I think I got this as I have flashed my phone before a few times, but can anyone tell me if i need to install the EB01 Modem AND the ROM Tar file? I have seen BOTH Files floating around and no tutorials showing installing BOTH of them...so why the Modem AND the ROM File for the update? idk im just confused on the subject so if anyone could explain it to me, it would be much appreciated...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys I think I got this as I have flashed my phone before a few times, but can anyone tell me if i need to install the EB01 Modem AND the ROM Tar file? I have seen BOTH Files floating around and no tutorials showing installing BOTH of them...so why the Modem AND the ROM File for the update? idk im just confused on the subject so if anyone could explain it to me, it would be much appreciated...

All Odin images i provide here include, modem, rom and kernel.

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
want to install but have mac.

I've been looking everywhere to find out how to update my fascinate on a mac. It's the only pc I have access to.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking everywhere to find out how to update my fascinate on a mac. It's the only pc I have access to.

Im sorry poodle i have a PC and all methods i know require a pc... or at least using boot camp on your mac and installing windows on it..... some stuff you can get away with doing on a mac but ultimatley the modem needs odin to install. at least as far as i have knowledge of

Reactions: brew1985