[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

almostask8er5

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi this is my first time flashing a rom, i followed all these instructions and after 9 min my phone just sits there and doesnt leave the screen with the yellow triangle. when i click start in ODIN it says in the
<OSM> All Threads Completed (succeed 0/ failed 0).
whats going on My phone is a rooted but stock fascinate with the e28 verizon update and 2.1eclair os

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi this is my first time flashing a rom, i followed all these instructions and after 9 min my phone just sits there and doesnt leave the screen with the yellow triangle. when i click start in ODIN it says in the
<OSM> All Threads Completed (succeed 0/ failed 0).
whats going on My phone is a rooted but stock fascinate with the e28 verizon update and 2.1eclair os

Welcome to Android Central,,,, you have a connection problem, download the latest fascinate drivers from the software section HERE

Shut off any antivirus you are running

Use the USB ports in the back of the computer,,if you already are , try a different port in the back.

make sure your battery is out during the entire process

ryan301.storm

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
hey now that i have the red cwm again... how can i flash roms because it says it installed but my phone got stuck on the samsung logo so i had to flash EB01 threw odin again.. and thoughts on that?

McBane

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It installs just like you would in previous versions, but the CWM is still not official for Froyo yet and is still kinda buggy. If your having issues I would wait for an official CWM for Froyo, it should be right around the corner now that it looks like the devs have source code.

I'm one of the few who rock it with stock touchwiz though, just in debloated form, but I'm used to doing that manually from 2.1 now. :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hey now that i have the red cwm again... how can i flash roms because it says it installed but my phone got stuck on the samsung logo so i had to flash EB01 threw odin again.. and thoughts on that?

Delete all traces of Update.zip on your sdcard and your downloads folder on your computer, download the new one and put it on you sdcard and try again

rctreadaway

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
OK well i got into red cwm. Then i went into rom manager and i think i installed clockwork again and now when go into blue recovery and go to apply sdcard update.zip it goes to the samsung and then back to the blue recovery. did i install it twice? its just in a loop and i cant get to red recovery. any ideas?? lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK well i got into red cwm. Then i went into rom manager and i think i installed clockwork again and now when go into blue recovery and go to apply sdcard update.zip it goes to the samsung and then back to the blue recovery. did i install it twice? its just in a loop and i cant get to red recovery. any ideas?? lol

were were not suppose to flash from rom manager , thats why i didnt include that in my directions..... delete all traces of the update.zip on your sdcard, then redownload from OP and then put it on your sd card,,,if it doesnt work you will need to flash cwmfroyo via odin....or completely reflash EB01

Reactions: rctreadaway

djp952

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, you are AWESOME, thank you so much for putting this together! I had a lot of issues with DL30 in conjunction with clockwork, having a full ODIN to work with for EB01 that includes root and clockwork = priceless.

I am wondering about one thing ... although it's the "norm" to do so, is it necessary in your opinion to pull the battery for an ODIN flash like this where there are no additional steps to perform before the OS boots? I tried it both ways (forgot to disable the stupid market auto-download before logging into Google) and had no issues leaving the battery in.

Anyway, it worked great, clockwork works great on Froyo for me finally (woohoo!), and you have my sincerest appreciation for making it so simple.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, you are AWESOME, thank you so much for putting this together! I had a lot of issues with DL30 in conjunction with clockwork, having a full ODIN to work with for EB01 that includes root and clockwork = priceless.

I am wondering about one thing ... although it's the "norm" to do so, is it necessary in your opinion to pull the battery for an ODIN flash like this where there are no additional steps to perform before the OS boots? I tried it both ways (forgot to disable the stupid market auto-download before logging into Google) and had no issues leaving the battery in.

Anyway, it worked great, clockwork works great on Froyo for me finally (woohoo!), and you have my sincerest appreciation for making it so simple.

yes it is necessary because Odin is very sensative and if you leave the battery in it may screw up the connection, happens alot, you would be surprised how often this leads to bad flashes

dberry74

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the easy instructions! Painless to follow and quick to flash. I came from a BB Storm that I had loaded about a dozen leaked and custom ROMs. However, I am having issues getting my Exchange email and calendar to sync. It is not showing anything. Anyone else have this issue?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sushi,
I know you said you have read a lot of the threads here in the forums. Have you also read the android dictionary? This was the very first thing I read when I came to androidcentral. The terms you were asking about are covered here:

The Android Dictionary | Android Central

EDIT*
Sorry sushi, I just looked and modem and radio are not in the dictionary. Someone who is more knowledgeable than I should be able to answer that for you.

Now this is the help I can appreciate and have grown accustom to getting here at AC! THANKS!!

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sushiguy, the modem and radio are the same thing as the baseband file, which is listed in your About screen. It is what controls the send/recieve transmitter (radio) functions of the phone.

Upgrade to EB01 as it updates the baseband to EB01 as well, unlike DL30 which uses the baseband file from DL05 or DL09.

good info! Thanks!!

uofatree

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
can someone convince me why I should switch to EB01 from DL30? why is it better? i couldn't find many differences based on Cory's youtube intro video.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
can someone convince me why I should switch to EB01 from DL30? why is it better? i couldn't find many differences based on Cory's youtube intro video.

because the devs are going to focus more on EB01 especially since it is closest if not the official froyo. DL30 support will most likely be left as it is